Login

russian armor

So about that blitzkrieg....

27 Jun 2014, 20:37 PM

I faced the patched blitz today and it is actually worse now with all the new variations of the Panther. Pretty much ragequit on the spot because I had his panther deadnuts and he just gokarted out of danger.

I don't understand why relic goes through such extremes while patching. From super ability to useless to super ability again. And to top it off the soviet equivalent is still useless. Isn't there some kind of point in the middle that makes the ability still useful without being retarded?
27 Jun 2014, 20:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I was a little worried when I saw it was getting a speed boost back. It does need the extra speed, but 1.5 speed modifier was too much. Very disappointing when placed next to "Capture Territory" for Soviet.
27 Jun 2014, 20:45 PM

Looks like Doge the Balance Dog has had to make a return.

Click for full size.

27 Jun 2014, 20:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

its hilarious to watch tanks fly across the map like cars.
Osty needs something to stay relevant with these new factions,its not THAT bad
27 Jun 2014, 20:52 PM

These new factions (aka oberkommando west) also get blitz.
27 Jun 2014, 20:59 PM

But the OKW blitz only lasts about 5 seconds whereas Ostheer blitz lasts a long time.

I get that Blitz and Overdrive was becoming useless with only acceleration bonuses, but +50% max-speed seems a bit much.
27 Jun 2014, 21:00 PM

5 seconds is long enough to gtfo of dodge when in danger.
27 Jun 2014, 22:26 PM

Westheer pretty much struggle to get any armour out period. The small tactical advantage of getting to escape once in awhile from losing a massive investment like a Panther is required to just keep Westheer competitive.

Anyways I was always of the opinion that if the German tank escaped destruction in any encounter purely because of blitz...then the Soviet/Allied player never really deserved to claim the kill as their god-given right. In a game full of BS-RNG and buggy pathing...blitz is hardly the most frustrating thing to deal with.
27 Jun 2014, 22:32 PM

Westheer pretty much struggle to get any armour out period.

If they struggle with superior armor and stuff like tank smoke, then what can you say for sov and US tanks facing 50-100% more potent AT?

If you can't get your armor out, you overextended and deserve to loose it.

27 Jun 2014, 22:45 PM

Blitz should only increase rate of fire and acceleration.

And OKW can only get their true super heavies out in 1v1s if their enemy is a noob.
27 Jun 2014, 23:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 22:32 PMKatitof

If they struggle with superior armor and stuff like tank smoke, then what can you say for sov and US tanks facing 50-100% more potent AT?

If you can't get your armor out, you overextended and deserve to loose it.

Currently it's a thing in 2v2 for the Soviets/Allies to double rush the OKW player as soon as possible with armour because they know there won't be anything the German player can do about it 9 times out of 10.

Ostheer with blitz was perhaps a bit too strong because they have all kinds of perfect supporting pieces that really made Blitz punishing but for Westheer...honestly they really need it just to justify the massive risk in getting a Panther.
27 Jun 2014, 23:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Blitz should only increase rate of fire and acceleration.

And OKW can only get their true super heavies out in 1v1s if their enemy is a noob.

Is this a joke?
27 Jun 2014, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 23:21 PMTobis

Is this a joke?

Yeah, like faster reloading, only a bit like +10 or 20%. I'm not talking about huge buffs.
28 Jun 2014, 00:33 AM

Permanently Banned
Soviet whiners at their best again. Fk off already.
28 Jun 2014, 01:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Soviet whiners at their best again. Fk off already.

I hate to break it to you, but you might be the biggest whiner on this site.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/19249/u-blob-sa
28 Jun 2014, 03:41 AM

1.5x speed on roads is monstrous. Agree that relic seems intent on overbuffing/overnerfing... small changes are better.
28 Jun 2014, 03:58 AM
Senior Caster Badge

1.5 is insane, sure it needed a tweak but 10-20% would have been fine? With the road and acceleration changes Blitz is going to be insane and make SU-85's worthless to build again. Balance aside, conceptually Blitzkrieg is just a dumb idea, it is a free escape if you are caught out of position and it allows easy flanks that you shouldn't have been able to get. All it does is promote and reward miss micro and poor play.
28 Jun 2014, 04:52 AM

Zooming King Tigers on the road... blitz needs to be completely removed and replaced with something else that doesnt make your head turn in confusion. 1.5 is too much, but anything less is not noticeable and useless.

What about faster turret traverse? Better turning? Stuff that makes the vehicle better in combat, but not give it an ability to zoom across the map.

Also, tanks capping ability need to be switched with something useful as well - why on earth would you need your tanks to cap? They are meant to fight!
28 Jun 2014, 05:37 AM

Remember the days when Flank Speed (Blitz) was totally fine and balanced because it was the Cromwell's special snowflake ability that made it all special snowflake-ey, and the Crommie could do jack all to anything larger than a Puma unless it parked on top of the enemy's tailpipe and choked the crew to death on its own engine fumes?

Ahhh yes, back when Relic could actually do stuff semi-competently (I stress the 'semi' in that).
28 Jun 2014, 06:05 AM

If anything, Soviet tanks (with their bigger and more reliable engines on the whole) should get Blitz.

Panther would be the exception to this, but everything else...

Panzer IV and T-34 weighed roughly the same.

The T-34 had a 500 HP engine with wide tracks.

Panzer IV had a 300 HP engine with thin tracks.
It's a shame that the classic (and incorrect) image of German armour of 1944 has infiltrated the game...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★