Login

russian armor

Assault Engineers

27 Jun 2014, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 13:20 PMofield

i am not sure if you are sarcastic, but when i play americans, i have ammo problems in early game, but float ammo in late game.

I go for fast AA HT, I don't get nades or BARs(yet) until the very late game. I don't play infantry company as well, so I float muni pretty much always.
27 Jun 2014, 13:36 PM

After the first 2 engagements I start floating munis pretty hard. It can really depend though. If it's the kind of game that's very entrenched and static, I'll but starved because I'm using so much trying to displace my opponent.
27 Jun 2014, 13:59 PM

No one is saying that Assault Engies are useless. Please, try to listen to me rather than just assume I don't like the unit. I use assault engies about half my games now - depends on map.

The problem I have with them is that their survivability is so low they are only useful in a short window of the early game. After that, use them for the occasional demo charge.

I'm suggesting that 1 squad member be added with wielding an M1 carbine. This would increase survivability wihtout adding much DPS. Possibly even have two of the five members have M1 carbine and 3 have grease guns.

I just don't like "dead end" units. As in they only operate well in a specific time window. I frequently get assault engineers to vet two and then they get annhiliated in the next engagement. Seems like they don't really fit the "assault" role as well as they should.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★