Login

russian armor

War Spoils Drop Rate and Rare Commanders

PAGES (8)down
27 Jun 2014, 10:56 AM

Permanently Banned
The spoiles of war system is awsome. This "lottery ticket" system is much better than PAY 2 WIN system. You can gain commanders, bulletins, practically anything. It wouldn't bother me at all to win my doctrines this way rather than buy them. It's more game addictive (you are motivated to play more to see what "spoiles of war" will give you).
I hope they will drop entirely the "buy commanders system", tbh. It's more fun this way. Earn everything, don't buy it.

Hahaha the irony. It shows that you have too much time you can invest in this game. I'd rather pay. It's not pay to win, the commanders were okay (except Tiger Ace LOL the irony)
27 Jun 2014, 11:08 AM

relic introduces payed commanders, noone wants to pay and everyone think they should be free...

relic introduces free commanders through loot system, everyone wants to pay for them...

trolololol

"everyone" People that didnt mind paying for new content werent spamming everywhere about payed commanders because they didnt mind it. But now the people that dont mind to pay a few buck cant for because relic didnt release em on the store.
27 Jun 2014, 11:18 AM

This is a sad case of vocal minority whining their way out.

Its basically femen of CoH2, except they have achieved something that most don't like now.
27 Jun 2014, 11:23 AM

I don't mind a few commander being kept as rewards for play, so long as that number remains small. It offers dedicated players some rewards, just like the way that unlocking based on level did.

Now, there is a problem that, at release, 50% of the OKW/US commanders are only obtainable this way.

Hopefully, as more none-drop and buyable/earnable commanders arrive, the problem should go away. As it stands, it's a little suspect.

The russian commanders are already large in number, so having some rare and obtainable ones is great, IMO. Still keeping fingers crossed for No retreat No surrender :P
27 Jun 2014, 12:36 PM

Lucky you. I won one (L) skin and the Terror Tactics commander, one that I already have...................

I really want the P4 battle group and the US rifle company.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 09:43 AMJadame!

I am mad. I want commander with p4 battle group or at least improved scavenge and keep getting this useless guy.
27 Jun 2014, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 11:18 AMKatitof
This is a sad case of vocal minority whining their way out.

Its basically femen of CoH2, except they have achieved something that most don't like now.

And how did you determine who is the vocal minority and who isn't? I only see now a hand full of people yelling that they want to throw moneys on Relic for commanders that they already have paid for by buying the expansion (since they didn't plan to sell them seperately they are already paid for by us in their calculation anyway; Relic doesn't profit from this new system further either as long as they don't additionally sell the commanders for money).

And putting the blame on people who were against paid DLC that affects multiplayer gameplay in a significant way for this new system is ridiculous, because I don't recall anyone having said that commanders should unlock only randomly for a few lucky people and the rest can see with their 3 stock commanders where they go. That is alone Relic's idea.

But whatever, let's see what new info we will get to the system today and what possible changes may come in the future.
27 Jun 2014, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 12:36 PMgokkel

And how did you determine who is the vocal minority and who isn't? I only see now a hand full of people yelling that they want to throw moneys on Relic for commanders that they already have paid for by buying the expansion (since they didn't plan to sell them seperately they are already paid for by us in their calculation anyway; Relic doesn't profit from this new system further either as long as they don't additionally sell the commanders for money).

And putting the blame on people who were against paid DLC that affects multiplayer gameplay in a significant way for this new system is ridiculous, because I don't recall anyone having said that commanders should unlock only randomly for a few lucky people and the rest can see with their 3 stock commanders where they go. That is alone Relic's idea.

But whatever, let's see what new info we will get to the system today and what possible changes may come in the future.

If you have 10 people spamming over and over and over, then that is a vocal minority. The DLC commander thread had so many pages and responses, but if you'd skimmed through it you'd noticed its the same people jerking over constantly on the issue.

lolcake, ssheini, jaigen-that trio is a vocal minority dictionary example, you see them in every balance thread constantly complaining at allies and screaming for buffs on axis.

You can tell that paid commanders were popular, because EVERYONE used them. It might not be liked, but it definitely was popular. The only working way of saying if DLCs are popular or not-using or not using the wallet, proved that people would buy them.

I for one would love to have a choice if I want to farm or to buy them.

Also, there is nothing wrong with DLCs affecting mp, more variety equals more strats which equals to better and more healthy meta as long as they are balanced.

Hell, people didn't even raged much at paid commanders as they did at completely retarded relic balancing of them. First batch was fun and somewhat balanced, but TA and SI ensured the rage was justified and it wasn't even because they were paid, but because they were completely imbalanced.

I'm not putting a blame here on anyone but relic for doing a step forward and a step backward at the same time.
War spoils system is an awesome thing and I welcome it, but not being able to give up a single beer for two commanders is the issue I have, because I can't and don't play as long as certain streamers, but I do have a spare change that I'd like to use to get myself some variety.

I'll wait for Noun to explain the system today and see if its something reliable with a trigger or not, but I just as well would like to have the option to get it now, I don't need all DLCs, I'm carefull with my money and I'm getting only what I know I will use.
27 Jun 2014, 13:08 PM

@Katitof: That is fine then, it sounded different to me before.

I think a lot of people were against the DLC system, but not everyone kept talking about it and some just bite the bullet and bought commanders even if they didn't like the concept.

Personally I haven't bought any commanders because I was against the system, but I got some commanders as gift or as raffle, and when they balanced the commanders a bit better I considered to buy some myself but didn't bother then anymore because I already had quite a few.

I am mostly upset with the new system because they gave us so few commanders in WFA for the new armies. 5-6 commanders to start with, maybe with some of them being unlockable by achieving a certain rank / in a way that you can actually work towards, would have been better in my opinion.
17 Jul 2014, 13:02 PM

I think the system is great, it gives a nice little incentive to keep playing and makes things interesting. I know this will be unpopular but I sincerely hope they add in the elite units back as drops too, that can only be deployed once per battle.
18 Jul 2014, 20:20 PM

Is the Not One Step Back Tactics commander unlockable through war spoils right now? Has anyone received it yet?
19 Jul 2014, 06:51 AM

Been playing since WFA came out and still haven't gotten any of the new commanders. I do however have 3x Stuart and 3x cool down for american HT bulletins.
19 Jul 2014, 08:31 AM

Don't bring back payed DLC commanders. Keep up with war spoils BUT... Don't include the commanders in that. Let everyone have them maybe through leveling up or something else.
19 Jul 2014, 15:51 PM

Are the war spoils not available against AI? I just got through playing 20-30 games in a row against AI, in custom match's, then Automatch vs AI, and haven't gotten a single crate. Not even a bulletin.
20 Jul 2014, 05:44 AM

ive played over 30 games now and still one new commander for OKW I keep getting inlets for other factions and camouflages. When I get
promised free commanders they should unlocked when they come out not from some air drop which are the chances of wining the lottery.
20 Jul 2014, 07:06 AM

Are the war spoils not available against AI? I just got through playing 20-30 games in a row against AI, in custom match's, then Automatch vs AI, and haven't gotten a single crate. Not even a bulletin.

You can get them when playing against AI.

For the most part all time played contributes to the item dropping.

Imagine a virtual bar that represents how likely items are to drop. The more you play the more likely it becomes. The bar fills up. When an item drops the bar empties out.

If you were playing a casual AI match between automatches or other matches then the bar might have emptied in those other matches and then was filling back up during an AI match.

If you played 30 AI matches back to back and got nothing... well, that sounds like a bug?

I've gone out to eat and just left the game running with a 1v1 of me versus an easy CPU and gotten items when I have returned.
20 Jul 2014, 13:22 PM

First Commander drop after tons of shit (3x of the same faceplate and other tons of duplicate bulletins)... and i get this shit?

Seriously Fuck Off Relic :snfAmi:
20 Jul 2014, 14:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

First Commander drop after tons of shit (3x of the same faceplate and other tons of duplicate bulletins)... and i get this shit?

Seriously Fuck Off Relic :snfAmi:

If I interpret your coarse South European vernacular correctly, you are inviting Relic to make love at a distance, far away?

I can agree with your sentiments entirely, as a collector of unwanted face plates galore. (But I am not sure that Ami now wants his visage to be associated with such sentiments......there was a Sunday in February this year, which stands in the Relic hall of infamy...)

As a supporter of the love that dare not tell its name -COHO- iirc, there was a trading station proposed for excess items. 'Habaneros' Noun was a fan of that iteration, though like many mealy mouthed persons at the time , he was sadly intimidated by the dawn chorus of the vCoH pterodactyls, who flew in cackling swarms over the Relic hut, threatening to dive bomb it with all sorts of guano,if the bastard vCoH child was not drowned at birth.

It was duly drowned.

And many consequences flowed from this.....some of which Relic now seem minded to resurrect.

In WFA, you see an abject apology of sorts from Relic, where Relic try to demonstrate what they really wanted to achieve with some of the Britz faction mechanics on OF (which failed miserably).

Give them time and space: Relic will get to where they need to be. Those of us who played COHO probably have more of a sense of direction, than the vCoH pterodactyls who ignored COHO (and no! I do not mean the reintroduction of Hero units like the Fatherland Machine Gun, or the epic US Sniper who sprinted while cloaked).

I would be surprised if an updated Relic version of the shop for COHO did not reopen at some point

22 Jul 2014, 04:26 AM

Obviously there is a problem when 80% of the votes is under "received no commander". This needs to be fixed asap, seeing people that have the new commanders and not having them ourselves is teasing and that is complete crap.
22 Jul 2014, 12:23 PM

It's ok. Everyone will be able to buy them from tomorrow onwards - which is how they've fixed the problem of not being able to give out free content competently.
22 Jul 2014, 12:25 PM

It's ok. Everyone will be able to buy them from tomorrow onwards - which is how they've fixed the problem of not being able to give out free content competently.

And its fine, because now both groups will be happy.

I'll have my commanders while others will happily grind them and won't have any argument against them being sold as they can get them for free.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
unknown 22
United Kingdom 25
United States 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L