Login

russian armor

Disappointed with OKWs extra commanders

PAGES (7)down
25 Jun 2014, 17:27 PM

Hey so does the OKW Ostwind have 5 levels of vet? And the PzIV Ausf J, are they comparable to T-34/85?

Pretty much yes.
25 Jun 2014, 17:28 PM

I saw Ausf J in Ciez' stream.

They are smaller and look a little different than the Ausf G version, and have a load of special abilities (3 or 4). They also come with random vet and can upgrade with skirts.

Don't know about its hard values- armor, hp, etc. I know that historically the Ausf J was the manufacturing streamlined version of the Ausf G (fewer vision ports, slower turret rotation, lower cost).
25 Jun 2014, 17:56 PM

Iirc the Ausf. J was just an Panzer IV Ausf. H just without turret rotation engine and just hand crafted. That is because the enemy was coming from the front ;)
25 Jun 2014, 18:26 PM

Why would they add units whos roles are already filled by other units in the game? That's a waste of development time and makes no sense.

LOL Relic makes a complete new design for the other Type of the Panzer IV in the OKW Commander. But thats ok right?

Isnt the role of the Panzer IV already covered by the role of the Panzer IV? We have now a new design for Panzer IV Ausf. J. But all the Ostwind fans like you are not complaining about this role is already filled by Ostheers Panzer IV. That's a waste of development time and makes no sense.

Instead of giving us something new like the Hetzer relic has redisigned the Panzer IV for OKW...:loco:
25 Jun 2014, 23:18 PM

Just give us some Prestige units from WW2 like Flak 36 88mm
26 Jun 2014, 00:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 18:26 PMAffe

Isnt the role of the Panzer IV already covered by the role of the Panzer IV? We have now a new design for Panzer IV Ausf. J

Eh not really, since the Panzer IV is a tank for the wehr. The OKW doesnt really have a bread and butter medium tank like the wehrmacht do with the Panzer IV. The Jagdpanzer is a tank destroyer, the Panther is rather pricey and again is more of a AT tank. There is no general purpose medium tank for the OKW, and the doctrinal PzIV fills that role.

edit: also why do you want a hetzer when we already have a jagdpanzer? now that is an example where roles would overlap. both are turretless tank destroyers, and even their designs are really similar
For the PE the hetzer worked with the marder because the hetzer was a much more survivable in exchange for a slight loss in firepower.
26 Jun 2014, 02:26 AM

The P4 Ausf J is the 'OKW/OF-ized' version of the P4. It is upgradable with Tank commander, skirt armor, HE/AP switch shells, artillery strike, combat blitz (?) and has 1-2 more abilities that I didn't fully catch.

I like it.

Affe, go play Men of War AS:2 if you want every tank. The COH RTS system shouldn't have so many redundant units in the same faction. They'll never do it.

The Hetzer is just a worse version of the Jagdpanzer IV.
26 Jun 2014, 02:29 AM

Anyone knew about new Wehrmacht Commanders and could post Pictures of it or write what they can?
26 Jun 2014, 07:35 AM

The Hetzer is just a worse version of the Jagdpanzer IV.

What a stupid Argument.

The Panzer II is just a worse Version of the King Tiger.
The Panzer IV is just a worse and weaker Version of the Tiger I.
Pls remove them from the game only heavy tanks should be allowed....................
26 Jun 2014, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 07:35 AMAffe

What a stupid Argument.

Pls remove them from the game only heavy tanks should be allowed....................

Why do you need a unit, if you already have a unit that fills the role? Would make it redundant.

You should take your nostalgia goggles off.

"it has to be in the game, because I liked it in coh1 so much!"
26 Jun 2014, 09:25 AM

I'm interested in how the Jaeger Light inf. work. Are they like snipers of ost/ru?
26 Jun 2014, 11:31 AM

Jaeger inf are like 5 man sniper squad, with G43 they are better than obersoldats in everything, so as the reinforce which is 60 or sth like that, at least thats how they looked like in alpha for vCoH2 factions
26 Jun 2014, 12:08 PM
Patrion 14

4 man squad, rather cheap to call in at 290, but expensive to reinforce at 55. Deals loads of damage.
26 Jun 2014, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 17:27 PMKatitof

Pretty much yes.

Cool so what is their cost? And anybody tried the new Soviet commander?
26 Jun 2014, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2014, 07:35 AMAffe

What a stupid Argument.

lol what? a panzer 2 is a light tank in the game, and the panzer 4 fulfills the role of a medium tank while the tiger is a heavy tank. each of those has its own role and its own timing to come into the game. while a hetzer and a jagdpanzer fulfill the exact same role as a medium turretless tank destroyer.

please, if you dont like what you have in coh2 just go back to coh1 and you can have your hetzers and flak88s
26 Jun 2014, 19:32 PM

Just be happy we get non paid commanders for OKW, all of those units fulfill a role in the OKW. Later-on Relic might change it to Flak 88 and Wirbelwind and no1 bats an eye.
26 Jun 2014, 20:37 PM

please, if you dont like what you have in coh2 just go back to coh1 and you can have your hetzers and flak88s

Uninstall the game if you dont like variety.
26 Jun 2014, 22:10 PM

27 Jun 2014, 04:45 AM

2/10 troll

0/10 Obertroll.
I m just asking for new Units and the idiots from this Forum whining around like Babys because they hate to see new Units and things in the game.

So many People here getting agressive because they hate the FlaK 88 and Wirbelwind.They want the OKW to be a Ostheer clone with an army of Ostwinds.
27 Jun 2014, 05:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 04:45 AMAffe

0/10 Obertroll.
I m just asking for new Units and the idiots from this Forum whining around like Babys because they hate to see new Units and things in the game.

So many People here getting agressive because they hate the FlaK 88 and Wirbelwind.They want the OKW to be a Ostheer clone with an army of Ostwinds.

your asking for new units for the sake of nothing else but new units, you don't suggest any unique role, just scream "
MOAR MOAR MOAR OF EVERYTHING" completely ignoring the fact that vast majority of your suggestions are covered for both armies at least twice.

I'm reeeeealy sure that hetzers are needed because apparently neither german faction have medium/long range non turreted td yet as both stock and heavier doctrinal version for later. NOT.

See? Thats pretty much how every of your examples goes.

There is a slight difference between wanting new units with actually unique and meaningful and being completely mental over adding them.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 42
unknown 22
Poland 12
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L