Login

russian armor

OKW Truck and Pushing/Crushing

PAGES (9)down
23 Jun 2014, 23:59 PM

Brits all over again. Anyone else remember the Brit Trucks having heavy crush?
24 Jun 2014, 00:02 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2014, 23:59 PMRogers
Brits all over again. Anyone else remember the Brit Trucks having heavy crush?

Brit trucks were pretty slow unless upgraded or you had the Royal Engineers Commander. Even then it didn't work at the start of the game. It also cost resources so losing it was a big thing. Currently these trucks move pretty fast and no resources are lost if one dies if I am not mistaken.
24 Jun 2014, 05:40 AM

I think its just goofy you get the second truck you cannot really afford to use so early. I just use it to Scout because crushing your opponents stuff its really not fair
24 Jun 2014, 05:45 AM

When you experience a truck (that is free) crushing 10 men very early in the game and is then abused several games in a row, you might understand why I am frustrated. Also I did not say it was a cheat, just that it felt like it because of how abusive it is.

just like sov mines were whiping squads for 2 months and people were "cheating" laying mines according to this logic.
24 Jun 2014, 05:56 AM

just like sov mines were whiping squads for 2 months and people were "cheating" laying mines according to this logic.

For the record - mines kill people in war - trucks dont kill people in war. One is free and comes 1 second into the game, the other is cheap, but it still comes later. But thats fixed and now this is a problem as losers abuse it - its meant to keep it from having pathing issues when setting up around many obstacles. Apparently some people found out running it into the enemy is a more useful job?
24 Jun 2014, 06:50 AM

This needs a fix first thing tomorrow. It's bad. Real bad! A blight on what could have otherwise been a great release.
24 Jun 2014, 08:13 AM

For the record - mines kill people in war - trucks dont kill people in war. One is free and comes 1 second into the game, the other is cheap, but it still comes later. But thats fixed and now this is a problem as losers abuse it - its meant to keep it from having pathing issues when setting up around many obstacles. Apparently some people found out running it into the enemy is a more useful job?

I think if you got run over by this thing you would die.
24 Jun 2014, 12:04 PM
Patrion 14

I think if you got run over by this thing you would die.
Yes, that is realistic. I agree completely.

But if you're going down that road, a single bullet from a rifleman through a windshield should decrew the truck and make it abandoned. Please allow the allies to capture the decrewed truck then and deploy it and build OKW units. Then the heavy people crush can stay.
24 Jun 2014, 13:02 PM

Lame it may be but it's not cheating.

I don't intend to use it but any player who has used 'n' abused M3 with sniper, M3 with flamer, ISU-152 etc cannot be justified in complaining about players using this.

It doesn't seem to be necesary for the game, I won't mind if they take it out. But then they've also got to tone down the units I just mentioned.

Barton made a thread abou M3 vs OKW. I think a guy who can win a $3000 dollar CoH2 tourney should be listened to when he talks about balance.
24 Jun 2014, 13:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

It's absurd how this hasn't been fixed. The alpha forums were flooded with threads about this.
24 Jun 2014, 14:09 PM

Its extremely abusive. Its way worse than the Ketten pushing back in CoH1, as the Trucks are absurdly durable against small arms and have the ability to crush. Its just not fair to push your enemy around early game and deny him resources with a SUPPLY truck.

I hope its a bug or an oversight and definetly not intended..
24 Jun 2014, 14:54 PM

Unbeliveable, just that.
24 Jun 2014, 16:06 PM

This is pretty crazy. I wanted to get more into automatch once WF came out, but I think I'm gonna hold off until stuff like this gets addressed. Not good in a game that's so tense, uptight and competitive.
24 Jun 2014, 17:04 PM

Carmagedon of Heroes 2 @ Trucks and overdrives
24 Jun 2014, 17:29 PM

This truck pushing makes Ostheer+Oberkomando West in Aranged Team setup completely OP.
24 Jun 2014, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2014, 17:29 PMarmatak
This truck pushing makes Ostheer+Oberkomando West in Aranged Team setup completely OP.

Versus Soviets? Not likely...
24 Jun 2014, 18:35 PM

i would say sov t1 is more of an issue than the trucks running over un-microed squads.
24 Jun 2014, 18:37 PM

Yes, that is realistic. I agree completely.

But if you're going down that road, a single bullet from a rifleman through a windshield should decrew the truck and make it abandoned. Please allow the allies to capture the decrewed truck then and deploy it and build OKW units. Then the heavy people crush can stay.

he said trucks cant kill people and mines do. it was a reply to that. according to your logic, germans should be able to shoot the m3 drivers in 1 shot at the begining of the match and use them against the sovs.
24 Jun 2014, 18:47 PM

he said trucks cant kill people and mines do. it was a reply to that. according to your logic, germans should be able to shoot the m3 drivers in 1 shot at the begining of the match and use them against the sovs.

Except an unprotected logistical half track has a windshield that doesnt protect the driver from bullets. M3 on the other hand is an armored car armored in parts to specifically protect the driver. That sounded like a natural response in a fake defense against the m3. No one is guarding the m3 here, its just it has no relevance here. And a German would not just kamikaze his logistical truck in an attempt to run over soldiers. Thats a huge disgrace for him to be forced to do that, lol.
24 Jun 2014, 18:55 PM

Except an unprotected logistical half track has a windshield that doesnt protect the driver from bullets. M3 on the other hand is an armored car armored in parts to specifically protect the driver. That sounded like a natural response in a fake defense against the m3. No one is guarding the m3 here, its just it has no relevance here. And a German would not just kamikaze his logistical truck in an attempt to run over soldiers. Thats a huge disgrace for him to be forced to do that, lol.
except that m3 is an open top so there isn't much armor... if the m3 continues to exist in its current form there is no reason transport trucks cannot crush. Plus there are already whine threads about every okw infantry unit, so they will be nerfed to shit, so just leave the truck with crush because it will be all that the okw will have left when the allied fanboy wine machine is done with okw.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS