Login

russian armor

Let's talk Coh2 - Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
12 Jun 2014, 14:46 PM

I was referring to the ones insulting players. And most of those are quite young - at least I hope so.
12 Jun 2014, 14:57 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If you are offended beyond what you can handle (it's gaming, you should consider thickening up), send the replay to enforcement@relic.com
12 Jun 2014, 15:15 PM

It's the Eastern Front after all, everybody hates each other.

Jokes aside, It's just modern generation gamer that have probably been raised poorly. I'm <20 years old but at least I don't rage at my opponents. I know that if I lose it's my own fault.
12 Jun 2014, 16:17 PM

Yes, this is a big issue to me as well. Surely not exclusive to CoH2 community, but it seems quite bad here. Usually small communities seem to be nicer from my experience, but this doesn't seem to be the case for this game.

Not sure what can be done about it though. The ordinary person can only try to behave as well as possible oneself. Forum administrators and moderators can only ensure a friendly atmosphere in their forum, livestreamers can only take care of their own behaviour on stream and of their chats. Surely there is still a bit room for improvement left in all these areas.

However, for the biggest source of problems (which is the actual in-game chat), only Relic can punish people who frequently misbehave, but sadly here the least will happen. I think you can already report players per mail, but as long as there is no in-game function for that and you get no feedback on if the reports have any effect, no one will make use of that, which makes it pointless.
12 Jun 2014, 16:27 PM

Permanently Banned
You really need to grow up, if you feel abused just by stupid peope, i'm sad for you to tell that there is 7 billions in this planet. YOu have 14 yo and you're an emo ? No, so just get over it, I don't say it's enjoyable, but man, be an adult...

So this is an excue for all the insulting ingame? I'm really glad to see that not everyone can share my experience but damn don't you enjoy playing coh more when there is a more polite way to communicate? "Grow up" is often used by parents <50 loosing a discussion and this is their last argument... I no longer wonder why gaming communites in all games have become shittier, it's because nothing is done against it. All say "blabla I don't care" when you mention this, but they are the first complaining about this shit when it hits on demselfes.
12 Jun 2014, 16:27 PM

I'm about 5-15 years older than most online gamers. Ignore all text, and just play the Game, mang...
12 Jun 2014, 16:40 PM

if you're that sensitive why are you playing a game where limbs can get blown off in every direction and women snipers sometimes make terrible screams when they are killed
12 Jun 2014, 16:56 PM
Patrion 15

I don't have an issue with in game behavior...however on these forums, that's another story :D
12 Jun 2014, 17:39 PM

@ the OP: I agree. I think there is a real disconnect for a lot of people, and they treat their opponents way worse than they would treat anyone in real life. It's lame to be sure, and I posted about it once on gamereplays and got much the same sort of replies you got. The attitude seems to be "too bad lol its the internet deal with it", which is dumb. The internet is becoming more and more a part of our daily lives, and folk need to learn to treat each other like human beings online.

Some people are better than others at not getting offended. I don't have trouble sleeping if someone hates me on the internet, but people have literally killed themselves over mean things said online. I don't see why everyone isn't jumping over themselves to agree with OP... do you all really want to play against a bunch of assholes? I enjoy my coh games much more when I respect my opponent.
12 Jun 2014, 18:09 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 17:39 PMDanielD
@ the OP: I agree. I think there is a real disconnect for a lot of people, and they treat their opponents way worse than they would treat anyone in real life. It's lame to be sure, and I posted about it once on gamereplays and got much the same sort of replies you got. The attitude seems to be "too bad lol its the internet deal with it", which is dumb. The internet is becoming more and more a part of our daily lives, and folk need to learn to treat each other like human beings online.

Some people are better than others at not getting offended. I don't have trouble sleeping if someone hates me on the internet, but people have literally killed themselves over mean things said online. I don't see why everyone isn't jumping over themselves to agree with OP... do you all really want to play against a bunch of assholes? I enjoy my coh games much more when I respect my opponent.

You make me feel that there is still hope for humanity. I just loathe the "it's the internet" attitude. We are still human beings, act accordingly.
12 Jun 2014, 18:12 PM

I agree with that, but I'm not a fan of a strictly enforced no asshole policy. I'd rather play with and against nice people but I won't try to get someone banned for being a douche unless they take it way too far.
12 Jun 2014, 19:35 PM

I think the "community" is a beautiful butterfly on the verge of clipping it's wings.
12 Jun 2014, 20:09 PM

12 Jun 2014, 20:44 PM

roses are red, violets are blue and im stuck on the eastern front and so are fucking you!
12 Jun 2014, 20:53 PM

For curiosity, what he did with your mother last night? :megusta:
12 Jun 2014, 21:02 PM

if you're that sensitive why are you playing a game where limbs can get blown off in every direction and women snipers sometimes make terrible screams when they are killed

This.
12 Jun 2014, 21:10 PM

If you kill yourself to things said to you on the internet, you are weak and don't deserve to live on this harsh planet. I have 0 tolerance for weakness, this is earth and we are animals trying to survive. If you get called a "fag" by some nerckbeard and can't take it, I feel very sorry for you.
12 Jun 2014, 21:19 PM
Patrion 14

If you kill yourself to things said to you on the internet, you are weak and don't deserve to live on this harsh planet. I have 0 tolerance for weakness, this is earth and we are animals trying to survive. If you get called a "fag" by some nerckbeard and can't take it, I feel very sorry for you.

What next? Are you going to get in your jumpship and kill some bugs, Johnny Rico?
12 Jun 2014, 21:20 PM

Lol ^ I liked that.

But no.. 0 tolerance for... Well for lack of a better word... Pussies...
12 Jun 2014, 21:24 PM

Lol ^ I liked that.

But no.. 0 tolerance for... Well for lack of a better word... Pussies...

And when you'll be a pussy and nobody will defend you? This is not company of waffen ss uber aryan immortal people, your cynicism is something stupid
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
Russian Federation 24
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %