Login

russian armor

Let's talk Coh2 - Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
12 Jun 2014, 12:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Hey guys,

Playing Coh2 since August 2013, I really have the needs to talk with you about a serious issue. I know that our forum isn't famous for its objective discussions and comfortable acquaintance, but the note in the ingame chat is just disgusting. You can't play one game without the enemy explaining me what he did with my mother last night. Also people seem to be bad losers. I mean, of course nobody wants to lose but this is no reason to insult the enemy team. Additionally, people say the faction you play (whether its Sovjet or German) is OP, so that your victory isn't worth shit. Instead of appreciating the performance of the enemy or blaming their own performance, they start raging.
Furthermore people answer on the usual "GL / HF" with "fuck your mom" or "shut the fuck up". It's just a game but people tend to handle it like a serious business. With such an opening, the game bases on hate and people
I never experienced this during the time playing CoH1. So I ask you: What the fuck happended to the community??? What are your thoughts / experiences on this?

Sincerely,

Frikadelle
12 Jun 2014, 12:32 PM
Benefactor 3110

I can not say i agree. 99 % of my games are calm and polite. 1/100 someone goes nuts, but i just ignore him. Maybe if played competetively people are rougher. I do not see any difference to coh1.

Best Regards awa59
12 Jun 2014, 12:36 PM

That is the problem of "modern gamer generation".

Instant gratifications, "I always win or you HAX" attitude and so on.

Can do nothing but to report them and keep going. This is the kind of rot that can't be weeded out and only more will come.
12 Jun 2014, 12:37 PM

I never experienced this during the time playing CoH1. So I ask you: What the fuck happended to the community??? What are your thoughts / experiences on this?

Then you must not have played it very much.

Also coh2 seems to have lost the neonazi crowd that was so prominent in coh1, especially in the chat rooms. They were always a laugh, so sad to see them go.
12 Jun 2014, 12:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Not my experience, Frikadelle. Almost everyone I play with/against is either polite or silent.
I do wish Relic would add a Mute or Ignore button in-game.
12 Jun 2014, 12:39 PM

Could be an issue of bad luck and meeting the multitude of asshats any online community has or maybe you're possibly remembering them more so then the players who aren't so bad?

In my experience, mostly from a 1v1 perspective, the community has plenty of players who are up for a laugh/aren't total nobs ;). Has its fair share of not so funny twats, but hey that is life. If they are really abusive, report them to Relic.
12 Jun 2014, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 12:36 PMKatitof
That is the problem of "modern gamer generation".

Instant gratifications, "I always win or you HAX" attitude and so on.

Can do nothing but to report them and keep going. This is the kind of rot that can't be weeded out and only more will come.
12 Jun 2014, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 12:39 PMBryan
Could be an issue of bad luck and meeting the multitude of asshats any online community has or maybe you're possibly remembering them more so then the players who aren't so bad?

Well, there is also this "all bark no bite" feat that goes with most low end players who are simply bad and will scream, blame and flame everything but themselves.
12 Jun 2014, 12:55 PM

Most of the games are alright here.
It's still a game you know, every gamechat I've been in is full of dem angry guys. It's always fun to watch them.
12 Jun 2014, 12:56 PM

Well tbh this doesn't botter me. A wise man (me :P) said one time: "the value of a player is directly proportional with the number of insults that he collects in a game". So, see, if you get insulted often, it could be for 2 reasons:

1. you attract them, through your annoying attitude, which you don't lack as I saw from your posts and this is a bad sign;
OR
2. you play well and you generally win (so you collect more insults) which is a good sign;

Finally, it's amazing how nice and polite are people while winning and how full of rage and unpolite are they when they are loosing. It's only about being a bad loser or not. You'll be amazed how many bad losers are between us. COH2 is not chess. Well, it is in a way, but like a chess game with one second time for thinking&moving. People get winded, and the bad loser character comes to surface :).
12 Jun 2014, 12:58 PM

Owch Katitof ... that hurt ... I resemble that low end player.
In that I am low end. LOL
I see it some as well ... being lower end I think you see it more because the mouth piece of a partner you got randomly placed with thinks his suckyness is due to your suckyness. I just ignore them ... they will drop the game in 5 seconds anyways and I am finding that I'm not so sucky anymore.
12 Jun 2014, 13:00 PM

Owch Katitof ... that hurt ... I resemble that low end player.
In that I am low end. LOL
I see it some as well ... being lower end I think you see it more because the mouth piece of a partner you got randomly placed with thinks his suckyness is due to your suckyness. I just ignore them ... they will drop the game in 5 seconds anyways and I am finding that I'm not so sucky anymore.

Dont expect anything from random team automatch.
12 Jun 2014, 13:02 PM
12 Jun 2014, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2014, 13:02 PMmorten1
http://www.coh2.org/replay/18051/never-saw-hans-rage-this-much/page/1#post_id159943

Now that's something.
On one hand, Hans lost his temper. It happens, he killed no one, wtf?
On the other hand, finding excuses like these...that he received a premature GG.... it's nonsense. How a premature "GG" can be insulting and why? You can realy smile to that... and that's all it deserves.
12 Jun 2014, 13:21 PM

Now that's something.
On one hand, Hans lost his temper. It happens, he killed no one, wtf?
On the other hand, finding excuses like these...that he received a premature GG.... it's nonsense. How a premature "GG" can be insulting and why? You can realy smile to that... and that's all it deserves.

a premature gg from the winning side is insulting as it disrespects your opponent. Its like you would be participating at a marathon and the guy running way ahead of you seeing you being tired would yell "GG". Its just stupid and not fair. If anyone has the right to say gg first, its the losing player.
12 Jun 2014, 13:38 PM

Hey guys,

Playing Coh2 since August 2013, I really have the needs to talk with you about a serious issue. I know that our forum isn't famous for its objective discussions and comfortable acquaintance, but the note in the ingame chat is just disgusting. You can't play one game without the enemy explaining me what he did with my mother last night.

Played the game for almost a year and this have never happend to me. The most serious issue that has happend is that my regular or random 2v2 partner starts raging at me :) NP
12 Jun 2014, 13:44 PM
Donator 22

First of all take a look on your mate ;) I have played a random match 2vs2 against you and your mate. He was raging and insulting as well :P :D
12 Jun 2014, 13:57 PM

You really need to grow up, if you feel abused just by stupid peope, i'm sad for you to tell that there is 7 billions in this planet. YOu have 14 yo and you're an emo ? No, so just get over it, I don't say it's enjoyable, but man, be an adult...
12 Jun 2014, 14:25 PM

We had this topic some months before, or at least a part of it. Turns out some people are offended when the enemy just leaves and doesn´t say "gg". If you consider that a rude attitude, I can´t help you. If I didn´t enjoy the game, I won´t write "gg". Why should I lie?

Insults on the other hand are very rare - for me at least. It´s best to ignore that, because most of those players are usually <20 years old and there´s no sense discussing with that.

What´s more common is people complaining about the game and how it´s not balanced. I don´t consider that rude either.
12 Jun 2014, 14:36 PM

We had this topic some months before, or at least a part of it. Turns out some people are offended when the enemy just leaves and doesn´t say "gg". If you consider that a rude attitude, I can´t help you. If I didn´t enjoy the game, I won´t write "gg". Why should I lie?

Insults on the other hand are very rare - for me at least. It´s best to ignore that, because most of those players are usually <20 years old and there´s no sense discussing with that.

What´s more common is people complaining about the game and how it´s not balanced. I don´t consider that rude either.

I am <20 years old, i assume there is no point in discussing with me?
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 67
unknown 20
United States 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %