Login

russian armor

Panzergranadiers!!! Does it worth ?

10 Jun 2014, 12:01 PM

Panzer Granadiers were my favorite troops! but after a few balance update they became worthless, after that I didn't play with Panzer Granadiers.

I want to know, are they good now?
how they fight good?
whats their drawback?
whats their strength?
10 Jun 2014, 12:06 PM

that playercard, shit...
10 Jun 2014, 12:07 PM

You can't rush them into blob of scripts anymore. You'll need to get them into cover and fire from medium range.

Personally I've never been fond of Panzer grens apart from a random squad with schrecks.
10 Jun 2014, 12:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I still like them, but many people do not. They are not super soldiers who can charge in shooting rockets from their nipples.

They are great as a flanking squad. No need to run up in close range with the enemy either. Come behind, take up some cover, and let them shoot from medium distance. I find them to be rather effective at flanking weapon teams and chasing them off.

Just use cover, don't rush them in. They work well with a halftrack nearby, because they are semi-fragile, and keeping them fully reinforced keeps the damage high.
10 Jun 2014, 12:09 PM

that playercard, shit...

What's wrong with that? You people....
10 Jun 2014, 12:10 PM

that playercard, shit...

That's why you've hidden your shits in your pocket right?
10 Jun 2014, 12:15 PM
Donator 11

Panzer Granadiers were my favorite troops! but after a few balance update they became worthless, after that I didn't play with Panzer Granadiers.

I want to know, are they good now?
how they fight good?
whats their drawback?
whats their strength?

In 1v1s I find it useful to have 1 squad with schrecks. They are still pretty good at killing cons too :D
10 Jun 2014, 12:16 PM

No fighting please. I am sick of reading garbage posts just to find those that are on topic on this forum.

To answer your question, PG role is now different. They excel in medium/short range engagements. I suggest that once you get with this range threshold you stop moving, get in cover and finish off your opponent. Approaching conscripts from these ranges over no or negative cover will likely result in the PG's losing the engagement.

I personally use PG's just to cover my support weapons such as MG42/snipers from aggresive conscript movements. I upgrade them with shrecks when mobile burst AT fire I need that my pak40, P4 and Stug can not provide.

They are still good units. People havn't given a sufficient chance to get used to the change. They are however less dominant when compared to previous patches at spearheading engagements. Personally, I think its a good thing.
10 Jun 2014, 12:19 PM

That's why you've hidden your shits in your pocket right?

I dont even understand what you are trying to tell me. My playercard is accessible to everyone if you mean that :o
10 Jun 2014, 12:25 PM

I dont even understand what you are trying to tell me. My playercard is accessible to everyone if you mean that :o

Your SteamID is private. Noone can see your stats but yourself.
10 Jun 2014, 12:27 PM

Like people have said they have a slightly different role now, supporting other units and flanking. The main issue really is that its an expensive unit that has high reinforcement costs and currently another unit of grens is often a better option.
10 Jun 2014, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2014, 12:25 PMZtormi

Your SteamID is private. Noone can see your stats but yourself.

thanks for telling me :P
10 Jun 2014, 12:59 PM
Patrion 14

The new PzGren is the answer to a question nobody really asked. That is to say "do you want a niche infantry unit that's good at medium range defence and ideal for supporting your crewed weapons?"

It's like saying "do you want a special bottle opener that's really good at opening French varietals older than ten years?"

But I was sold champagne!

"Tough, the champagne opener was too popular. Try opening bottles of ten year old French red with it instead."

I don't want to.

"Well, there you go."

If Germans had a non-doctrinal heavy infantry unit of some sort, and i'm not including assgrens (which are crap) then I wouldn't complain. Soviets have an interesting multi-role infantry roster but Ost have fragile grens and this weird, niche PzGren.

It kinda sucks.
10 Jun 2014, 13:12 PM

Thanks for the answer folks! cheers
10 Jun 2014, 13:41 PM

Niche units. It doesn't worth to build more than 1 squad and upgrade it with schrecks. That is all they were reduced to.
10 Jun 2014, 13:58 PM

No, and it is trash, period.
10 Jun 2014, 14:10 PM

No fighting please. I am sick of reading garbage posts just to find those that are on topic on this forum.

To answer your question, PG role is now different. They excel in medium/short range engagements. I suggest that once you get with this range threshold you stop moving, get in cover and finish off your opponent. Approaching conscripts from these ranges over no or negative cover will likely result in the PG's losing the engagement.

I personally use PG's just to cover my support weapons such as MG42/snipers from aggresive conscript movements. I upgrade them with shrecks when mobile burst AT fire I need that my pak40, P4 and Stug can not provide.

They are still good units. People havn't given a sufficient chance to get used to the change. They are however less dominant when compared to previous patches at spearheading engagements. Personally, I think its a good thing.

I think a Grenadier Squad with an Lmg provides more of a punch than a Panzergrenadier in defensive duties vs aggresive cons and they are cheaper (240 mp + 60 ammo).

During assaults and CQCs: now that the G-43s are cheaper I tend to get 1-2 squads of Grens with G-43s, because on maps like Semois or Kharkov, using the green cover they really terminate cons and only cost 30 manpower to reinforce a 240 mp + 45 ammo main frontline unit.

The problem why players don't really use Panzergrenadiers is their high reinforce cost, if lowered they would be more viable to use I think.

For AT, I prefer using 1-2 Paks with some Teller mines, but it really comes down how do you play the game. :)
10 Jun 2014, 14:21 PM

It worths if you'll not use it as a main unit but as a support for example to a p4 or a pak
10 Jun 2014, 14:50 PM

Hey anybody tried upgrading G43 on PzGren, do they shoot G43 better than Gren?
10 Jun 2014, 15:01 PM

Hey anybody tried upgrading G43 on PzGren, do they shoot G43 better than Gren?

Since weapon profiles are directly connected to units base cost, yes, they shoot better then G43 grens, but I don't know the actual difference.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★