Login

russian armor

Soviet AT too map and commander call in dependant

7 Jun 2014, 17:55 PM

+1 to OP. Great post. Valid points.

7 Jun 2014, 22:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Ohhh kkkkk you soviet guys wanna a AT that doo a magic-ghost shot over the buildings (yeah to get the tanks), this is just for soviets!! ok!!

Wanna a SU85 with 4 cannons too??? Because the flank man!!!!

Because only germans have mortas, off map artillery, infantry? lol

The problem is running with only 4 guys is easy on AT, but with 6, very hard lol
7 Jun 2014, 23:16 PM

Permanently Banned
+1 to OP. Great post. Valid points.

of course you would give +1 to anything calling for soviet buffs LOL

This entire thread is a massive fail. Unfortunately way too many soviet only fanboys crying for buffs for their already op easy mode faction.
8 Jun 2014, 19:26 PM

of course you would give +1 to anything calling for soviet buffs LOL

This entire thread is a massive fail. Unfortunately way too many soviet only fanboys crying for buffs for their already op easy mode faction.

Go back to the Official Forums or Steam to spit your bile. This forum is for respectful discussion. Not immature name calling.

8 Jun 2014, 20:12 PM

Permanently Banned

Go back to the Official Forums or Steam to spit your bile. This forum is for respectful discussion. Not immature name calling.

Did I hurt your precious soviet fanboy sentiments ? awww

Seeing as you post every single time calling for only soviet buffs you think I should agree with your biased filled soviet fangirl posts ?
8 Jun 2014, 23:02 PM

Because Soviets already rule flanking and close range infantry battles. Ostheer need to be able to fight at range to win engagements, but they also need to be standing still to win engagements. Giving powerful infantry AT would make it too difficult to utilize armor as Ostheer. There would also be no good way to break AT gun walls (which is already very hard).

Panzer grenadiers
Assault grenadiers
Flame pios
G43

May take offence to your statement. They are rather good at fighting close range. Also there are many ost counters to at guns. One of them actually being tanks going head on with at guns. I am not trying to pick a fight I just wonder why people make the ost seem so helpless when they are a very capable faction at winning any engagement at any range.

Soviets just need a dedicated anti take mine. You could even make it doctrine dependant to add flavour. As a soviet player you really need to fear german armor if you do not have tanks on the field. It's part of the atmosphere. However you should have options that stall or delay the german armor such as at mines with at guns. Current mine is too weak as a result of having dual role capability.
9 Jun 2014, 10:33 AM

Permanently Banned

Panzer grenadiers
Assault grenadiers
Flame pios
G43

Soviets just need a dedicated anti take mine. You could even make it doctrine dependant to add flavour. As a soviet player you really need to fear german armor if you do not have tanks on the field. It's part of the atmosphere. However you should have options that stall or delay the german armor such as at mines with at guns. Current mine is too weak as a result of having dual role capability.

LOL this guy is joking I hope .... Hahahahahaha current mine is too weak. He wants a nuke.
And here is a perfect example of a resident soviet only whiner ...
9 Jun 2014, 10:43 AM

LOL this guy is joking I hope .... Hahahahahaha current mine is too weak. He wants a nuke.
And here is a perfect example of a resident soviet only whiner ...

All you do is call other people fanboys without giving actual arguments, will you stop? Will you stop please?

EDIT:

I'm seriously wondering if there's 1 post where you don't mention "Soviet fanboys".
9 Jun 2014, 10:49 AM

Permanently Banned

All you do is call other people fanboys without giving actual arguments, will you stop? Will you stop please?

EDIT:

I'm seriously wondering if there's 1 post where you don't mention "Soviet fanboys".

Is there any post you don't defend your soviet friends ? Ah let's see a t34 as profile pic. Yup makes sense.
9 Jun 2014, 10:53 AM

Is there any post you don't defend your soviet friends ? Ah let's see a t34 as profile pic. Yup makes sense.

It was a Panther a while back but I decided to change it because I feared people would mistake me for being a shitposter like you.

And how the fuck am I defending my 'Soviet friends'? I agree that several Soviet things have to be nerfed.
9 Jun 2014, 11:08 AM

Not even one normal thread here. Jeez.... I should buy some popcorn.
9 Jun 2014, 11:19 AM

It was a Panther a while back but I decided to change it because I feared people would mistake me for being a shitposter like you.

And how the fuck am I defending my 'Soviet friends'? I agree that several Soviet things have to be nerfed.

Don't feed the troll.
9 Jun 2014, 11:21 AM

Don't feed the troll.

Yea I'm starting to suspect that this guy is bullshitting, it's too perfect.
9 Jun 2014, 11:25 AM

Calling now for soviet buffs like stronger AT (this tread) is most inappropriate for the moment. First they should balance things fixing worthless german units, and THEN we can look again at the meta and see what balance requires further.
I can see there are many people sympathizing more with soviet faction, top players or middling, and this thing is so obvious. After 25 march patch was implemented, there were river of tears from these guys, who were playing the "neutral" atitude. Now, even if the BALANCE IS OFF, YES IT IS, but in soviet favor, there are only few players who are complaining and they are not so vocal as soviet "Cry-me-a-river" guys were. Where is their impartiality now? Others are trying to distort the true nature of the problem. To these guys: keep in mind - germans need some urgent fixes NOT SOVIETS!

Having this said, there are just a few things to fix. But asking now for soviet buffs, I dunno, is just...
9 Jun 2014, 12:10 PM

Calling now for soviet buffs like stronger AT (this tread) is most inappropriate for the moment. First they should balance things fixing worthless german units, and THEN we can look again at the meta and see what balance requires further.
I can see there are many people sympathizing more with soviet faction, top players or middling, and this thing is so obvious. After 25 march patch was implemented, there were river of tears from these guys, who were playing the "neutral" atitude. Now, even if the BALANCE IS OFF, YES IT IS, but in soviet favor, there are only few players who are complaining and they are not so vocal as soviet "Cry-me-a-river" guys were. Where is their impartiality now? Others are trying to distort the true nature of the problem. To these guys: keep in mind - germans need some urgent fixes NOT SOVIETS!

Having this said, there are just a few things to fix. But asking now for soviet buffs, I dunno, is just...

Tell me where the balance is off.

ISU / Ele? Soviet mines?

PG's?

Underused units?

These are pretty much the only pressing balance issues right now. Both ISU and Ele are unbalanced, one wipes Infantry, the other one wipes Armor and has no direct counter.

Soviet mines with their squad wipe potential are too strong, wholeheartedly agree here.

PG's are still decent units overall, they didnt need the recent nerf.

Also, M3's arent a balance issue. You commit yourself to T1 and you spend manpower and fuel on them, and they are hardcountered once Scout cars and PAK's come out. Pre - T2 solution right now? Keep your forces together.

Underused units? Both sides have them and its perfectly normal. The meta is always a meta, and some units have the flavour of the month while others dont. It only get critical when the underused units actually suck and are nigh worthless. Like KV1's or flamer halftracks for example.

As soon as the march deployment patch was released, people were complaining about severe and obvious balance issues. Grens were so strong, they were in no relation to Conscripts. Costing the same initial base price but having way better dps and scaleability, they were able dominate every soviet infantry unit on their own. And that was unbalanced. Conscripts didnt even stood a chance due to their abysmal dps, even in a 2v1 situation with 2 Cons and 1 LMG gren they couldnt do much.

As it is now, Grens were toned down a little. Their LMG isnt a roflstomp upgrade anymore, it excels at longrange. That doesnt mean its a big tradeoff. Its still slightly better than a K98 close range and therefore its a pure upgrade when you compare it to PPSH's, which are literally worthless beyond 5 range. Infantry is more or less balanced now. Soviets are supposed to have more infantry variety, its intentional. But no soviet infantry unit is overpowered at the moment, neither is a german one.

Also, the meta is dominated by call - ins. You cant really blame players for calling in 85's or Tigers, blame the game. Teching is often not viable enough. Also, you might say that Tigers arent that strong. They are. They are better vs infantry and armor in almost every aspect when comparing them to IS2's. The only advantage the IS2 has and that i actually know of is the better rear armor ( 205 vs 180 ). The Tiger is better in every other way. Yet both cost the same.

As you can see, balance isnt really that much off. I tried to state my opinion with this point and even if you look at my playercard, you will see that i played more games with the Soviets.
But if you look at my AT stats, you can see that i also played plenty of German games.

I dont want either faction to dominate the game, i want balance. And if one wants to achieve balance, or better if the whole community wants to achieve balance, said community cannot split up in 2 parts and call the other parts members fanboys because allegedly they only sympthasize with nerfs or buffs to a specific faction. Thats bullshit. Telling everyone he/she is a fanboy but not actually backing your own arguements is, simply put, stupid.

I really wish that the mods could also look into some cases. There are people that are behaving intentionally toxic. And this toxicity ruins these forums at the moment.

Thanks for reading, no tl;dr version, sorry :)
9 Jun 2014, 14:47 PM

Tell me where the balance is off.

ISU / Ele? Soviet mines?

PG's?

Underused units?

These are pretty much the only pressing balance issues right now. Both ISU and Ele are unbalanced, one wipes Infantry, the other one wipes Armor and has no direct counter.

Soviet mines with their squad wipe potential are too strong, wholeheartedly agree here.

PG's are still decent units overall, they didnt need the recent nerf.

Also, M3's arent a balance issue. You commit yourself to T1 and you spend manpower and fuel on them, and they are hardcountered once Scout cars and PAK's come out. Pre - T2 solution right now? Keep your forces together.

Underused units? Both sides have them and its perfectly normal. The meta is always a meta, and some units have the flavour of the month while others dont. It only get critical when the underused units actually suck and are nigh worthless. Like KV1's or flamer halftracks for example.

As soon as the march deployment patch was released, people were complaining about severe and obvious balance issues. Grens were so strong, they were in no relation to Conscripts. Costing the same initial base price but having way better dps and scaleability, they were able dominate every soviet infantry unit on their own. And that was unbalanced. Conscripts didnt even stood a chance due to their abysmal dps, even in a 2v1 situation with 2 Cons and 1 LMG gren they couldnt do much.

As it is now, Grens were toned down a little. Their LMG isnt a roflstomp upgrade anymore, it excels at longrange. That doesnt mean its a big tradeoff. Its still slightly better than a K98 close range and therefore its a pure upgrade when you compare it to PPSH's, which are literally worthless beyond 5 range. Infantry is more or less balanced now. Soviets are supposed to have more infantry variety, its intentional. But no soviet infantry unit is overpowered at the moment, neither is a german one.

Also, the meta is dominated by call - ins. You cant really blame players for calling in 85's or Tigers, blame the game. Teching is often not viable enough. Also, you might say that Tigers arent that strong. They are. They are better vs infantry and armor in almost every aspect when comparing them to IS2's. The only advantage the IS2 has and that i actually know of is the better rear armor ( 205 vs 180 ). The Tiger is better in every other way. Yet both cost the same.

As you can see, balance isnt really that much off. I tried to state my opinion with this point and even if you look at my playercard, you will see that i played more games with the Soviets.
But if you look at my AT stats, you can see that i also played plenty of German games.

I dont want either faction to dominate the game, i want balance. And if one wants to achieve balance, or better if the whole community wants to achieve balance, said community cannot split up in 2 parts and call the other parts members fanboys because allegedly they only sympthasize with nerfs or buffs to a specific faction. Thats bullshit. Telling everyone he/she is a fanboy but not actually backing your own arguements is, simply put, stupid.

I really wish that the mods could also look into some cases. There are people that are behaving intentionally toxic. And this toxicity ruins these forums at the moment.

Thanks for reading, no tl;dr version, sorry :)

+ Infinity and Beyond

TL; DR

Balance is near fine there are overperforming units and underperforming units on both sides. Stop coming in here and expecting the community to made of two groups of fanboys and STFU. P.S. Mods please ban some of these crap starting trolls

:nahnah:
9 Jun 2014, 14:59 PM

Permanently Banned

Panzer grenadiers
Assault grenadiers
Flame pios
G43

All die.

And Shocks (the god mod)?
DPs that run into you infantry to make a kiss with no problem?
M3 with 6 guys flames,
AT rile,
120mm mortar,
ultra mines with aprox. tecnology (kill all the guys of the squad 99% of the times),
see, this is a 2nd war game, but the soviets get resources from aliens (the mines)...
9 Jun 2014, 18:37 PM

The only way to give soviets more early game AT, without braking stuff, would be a doctrinal AT unit, vehicle or inf.. and the rest of the doctrine was quite weak.. so no off maps, no howie, no other elite inf or heavy call ins.

I dont see why that couldnt work.
9 Jun 2014, 18:41 PM

The only way to give soviets more early game AT, without braking stuff, would be a doctrinal AT unit, vehicle or inf.. and the rest of the doctrine was quite weak.. so no off maps, no howie, no other elite inf or heavy call ins.

I dont see why that couldnt work.

Basically a worthless doctrine just for the sake of it?
9 Jun 2014, 21:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

This is called the Defensive Commander

And no one uses it because it's shit

See also:

Urban Defence
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 109

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias