Login

russian armor

Smurfing

Do you think Relic should do something to deny smurfing practice?
Option Distribution Votes
48%
8%
44%
Total votes: 48
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Jun 2014, 06:31 AM

I was never a stats hunter, but it realy bothers me to be automached with people being place 10000 - 11000 in the ladder and playing like pros. I'm not a pro player, I really work my back to win a game and I think is not fair to face place 500 (in reality) in the ladder but, due to smurfing, being place "10000". In my opinion, smurfing is as bad as cheating. Thoughts?
6 Jun 2014, 06:41 AM

I dont understand. Placement in the ladder does not determine skill. "Smurfing" isnt intentional, at least based on how you describe it. Unless you mean abusing exploits and cheap tactics and not skill.

VVV Dont know who would spend the money just for that.
6 Jun 2014, 06:43 AM

There are very few smurfs in COH2. I know of a few who must have bought new accounts when it was on sale for $10, but I think probably only 3-4.

You may just s...

6 Jun 2014, 06:51 AM

There are very few smurfs in COH2. I know of a few who must have bought new accounts when it was on sale for $10, but I think probably only 3-4.

You may just s...

You don't need to buy new games to smurf on CoH2. You simply need to share the game via Steam Family View with another linked account.
6 Jun 2014, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2014, 06:51 AMeebies

You don't need to buy new games to smurf on CoH2. You simply need to share the game via Steam Family View with another linked account.

This. There are more than 2-3 cases, I can assure you....
6 Jun 2014, 06:59 AM

Yes, I noticed an increase in this the last couple of months. You get people who have few wins (like 15-25) and almost no loses and they are placed in the top 100 1v1 ladder for example.
6 Jun 2014, 07:20 AM

You may just s...

I be one of these people. Though the account is not meant to get a high rank on the ladder, it's more of a troll/test account for different strats. Try and find meh. MVGame
6 Jun 2014, 07:46 AM

When I finally use the steam family share account I made for coh 2 smurfing it will probably be for the explicit purpose of trying to get an awesome ladder ratio like 50:0 so I can masturbate while I look at my playercard.
6 Jun 2014, 07:50 AM

If you really want to smurf, isnt it as simple as just quitting a lot of games?
6 Jun 2014, 08:08 AM

I was never a stats hunter, but it realy bothers me to be automached with people being place 10000 - 11000 in the ladder and playing like pros. I'm not a pro player, I really work my back to win a game and I think is not fair to face place 500 (in reality) in the ladder but, due to smurfing, being place "10000". In my opinion, smurfing is as bad as cheating. Thoughts?

Wow, the game must be absolutely swarming with smurfs that do nothing but make new steam family share accounts every day so that they don't get ranked and thus affecting your ELO.

Or you could actually be at a 10000 rank skill level and are just looking for an excuse.
6 Jun 2014, 08:17 AM

I be one of these people. Though the account is not meant to get a high rank on the ladder, it's more of a troll/test account for different strats. Try and find meh. MVGame

Well for someone who plays daily, achieved a very high rank and then plays relaxed with no risks against obviously weaker players it's a dishonest practice especialy when he comes from place 10000 and screws the stats of a honest 2000 place player. Why don't you play instead with your challangers, trying to maintain your position? Better unappealably smash poor unfortunate guys that broke their bones to achieve a poor 2000 place.

From this point of view, I really apreciate Starcraf over COH.
6 Jun 2014, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2014, 08:08 AMCruzz

Wow, the game must be absolutely swarming with smurfs that do nothing but make new steam family share accounts every day so that they don't get ranked and thus affecting your ELO.

Or you could actually be at a 10000 rank skill level and are just looking for an excuse.

I know my place and my skill, it's in perfect balance with the fact that I can play only 3 times a week mostly for maybe 2 hours each. So I don't need an excuse. I'm just looking for a fair match.
6 Jun 2014, 08:50 AM

I don't mean to sound condescending here. However it is just a game and the important thing is that you have fun. You win... you lose.... That's life. Just try to enjoy your games either way. If you are taking it too seriously you will undoubtedly be taking the fun out of it anyway.
GL HF
6 Jun 2014, 10:26 AM

Sounds like you get your ass kicked by people who don't care about stats and get de-ranked trying new stats, having fun, etc

Just because someone is ranked 11,000 doesn't mean you are automatically superior player with your rank 2,000.
You probably have whole bunch of great 2v2 players that use 1v1 to try out new things and are badly ranked, for example.

P.S. You cannot stop people buying games if they really want to smurf that bad...
6 Jun 2014, 10:53 AM

If you start smurfing as a top 50 you will reach your original rank after 20-30 games so what the hell is the whining all about ? xD
6 Jun 2014, 11:09 AM

pfff... got the point. Most people don't have a clue or pretend they don't understand what it's all about.
I like the game and have fun with it, the only moment when I don't have fun with it is the situation described above. It's not about losing games, this is perfectly normal when you play with better people, even if they are ranked a few places below your position. That is normal. Loosing against place 5000 or 6000 under yours, this is not a normal thing, and place 11000 winning against 2000 (in a non-smurfing case) it's bullshit and you know it. It NEVER occured.
Smurfs are just mocking other people's work, that's all.
Well then, HF and remember this poll next time you will be matched with a smurf, loose 2000 ladder places, and then struggle for at list a week to come back.
6 Jun 2014, 11:52 AM
Patrion 14

Smurfing is pathetic. I don't really see smurfs anymore because of the rank I'm in right now, but it happened a lot to me in CoH1 and I hated it. It's just not fair to people who try their best at mid level ranks. If you want to try new strats, grow some balls and do it on your main account. If you drop a few ranks, big deal. If you're really that good you'll be back to your own rank in no time.

But anyway, if you're really gonna smurf to stomp low levels, have some honour and surrender when you've had your fun.

That said there's not really anything anyone can do about it. But it feels good to vent my old CoH1 anger :P
6 Jun 2014, 12:17 PM

I don't care for it.

I'd probably use something like that to practice strats or underused doctrines.
Hmm, need to get fiancées steam acc details :D
6 Jun 2014, 13:02 PM

Is there really much point in smirfing on COH2?! On vCOH yeah, because we had proper ranks and stuff, but now we don't.

Pointless...
6 Jun 2014, 13:12 PM

Get over yourselves. If you lost to the smurf then you would have lost to that player's main too. No one else cares about your leaderboard position and neither should you. If having fun in this game is so closely tied to your rank then you should really reconsider the reason you play this game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 9
unknown 3
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak