Login

russian armor

Are the Soviets going to get a huge revamp in WF?

3 Jun 2014, 20:31 PM

Yeah I wonder how the old factions will function with the new ones.

Exceptionally well and nothing will change, everyone will still scream "soviet OP" because soviets are always op, even in old TA and march deployment patch :jk:
4 Jun 2014, 07:57 AM
Donator 11

Trust me, OKW will be fine vs M3 spam :)
4 Jun 2014, 11:31 AM

HA!

Oh yeah, that is another unique thing for the Soviets that pretty much toned down, I can understand from a balance point but without ram the T34 is the most boring tank in the game next to the US Sherman which is going to rolling around the battlefield with smoke nade launchers whilst switching between AT and AP rounds whilst at vet one they passively boost allied tanks. Not saying the Sherman will be OP but they sound much more fun...

It more from a design preceptive that make me grumble at the Soviets, what made CoH1 so sexy was how flexible units were to other RTS games which only had units that only did one function, the Ostheer feels like a more flexible version of the Wehr with tier 1 units that scaled and they are fun to play with or fight with. Part of reason why people really disliked OF was how one note the PE/Brits were with their units and faction buildings were (Build Tier 4 for AP OR3 for AT), the Soviets just feel gimped next to the depth of even CoH1 US and very much like the PE.

Now before anyone says "...but that was how the Soviets were in WW2" then:

Part of the reason why the Soviets took so many casualties was due the insane risks Soviets officers took and were able to hammer the German Army into ruin. The Soviets were known for their tank riding, the Soviets were known for their insane love of smoke as pretty much every unit with a cannon used smoke shells (the average shell load on a T34 had sizeable amount of smoke and those massive "pods" you see on the rear of the T34-85 in game model were smoke canisters), the Soviets were known for "deep striking" which the Germans had issues with (the closest thing to this is the T-34 vet one ability), the Soviets were known for their slow but hard hitting artillery, the Soviets were known for their misinformation, the Soviets were known for...

You know what? I could be be here all day telling you what made the Soviets into a cool and interesting army but CoH2 manages to make them rather bland next to CoH1 and now WF's US forces which do sum what made the US faction so unique in WW2...
4 Jun 2014, 12:03 PM

"heard" the OKW has no counter against 120mm mortar with guards + Cons. (Except Stuka zu Fuß which can be destroyed fastly by M3 with Guards).
4 Jun 2014, 12:21 PM

"heard" the OKW has no counter against 120mm mortar with guards + Cons. (Except Stuka zu Fuß which can be destroyed fastly by M3 with Guards).

4 Jun 2014, 13:24 PM

very helpful comment ! :)
4 Jun 2014, 14:16 PM
Patrion 310

very helpful comment ! :)

What do you expect him to say?
4 Jun 2014, 15:35 PM

What do you expect him to say?

I would never expect anything from him.
4 Jun 2014, 15:48 PM

why do u still complain about ram ability? was nerfed to Death only an idiot right use hit t34 an axis tank lol!
4 Jun 2014, 16:02 PM

I guess someone didn't got the subtle "don't believe rumors" message.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★