Login

russian armor

Are the Soviets going to get a huge revamp in WF?

3 Jun 2014, 13:22 PM

After watching the youtube of the US faction in play, I just have to say that they are really sexy looking faction that is flexible, mobile and looks really fun to play. You are able to use smoke with almost any unit, weapons racks look to be interesting, Officers, getting crew out of tanks to repair them, PASSIVE abilities (no really, CoH2 has hardly any passives) with a whole bunch more things that are really cool...

Then we get to the Soviets who seem to be to be really boring now, all what they have is access to bigger late game tanks, larger weapon crews, more specialized squads and tanks that ram. The overall macro side to the Soviet has always been boring (pick a building for tier 1 OR 2 and then pick tier 3 OR 4), I'm not saying that the Soviets are not going to viable but why would you ever pick them over the Americans who look fun to play:

Are the Soviets going to a make over to feel "cooler" to play or are they going to languish in the shadow of the Americans?
3 Jun 2014, 13:26 PM

Permanently Banned
play the game until WFA, then stop it for 2 months, cuz it will be company of blobs not heroes :S
3 Jun 2014, 13:30 PM

no, however, these is a big balance patch that also adjusts the old factions on june 24th. The soviets arent getting a revamp, however, they will still shine in their ability to super hard counter things en mass.
3 Jun 2014, 13:41 PM

Well, not everyone like US.
I'm going to play OKW and Soviets, because for my kind of playstyle these factions provide me with most options that I can use in fun and effective for me way.

Besides, its invaluable to have soviet ambulance truck behind conscripts in early game.
3 Jun 2014, 15:23 PM

Did anyone notice how effective the Sherman was against a p4? Maybe a little to powerful for a tank that's suppose to be "effective against light vehicles and infantry" (as said in description).

That's a lot of units for US, Micro nightmare.
3 Jun 2014, 15:28 PM

Permanently Banned
well soviets will be fine since OKW dont have counter for soviet t1 start( i heard it )
3 Jun 2014, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2014, 15:28 PMakosi
well soviets will be fine since OKW dont have counter for soviet t1 start( i heard it )

Neither does Ostheer, haha. The best "counter" is to rush T2 ASAP.
3 Jun 2014, 15:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hopefully the russians are allowed to do the same thing with their vehicle crews.
(dismounting and moving around capping)

I would literally lose my shit.

the scene at 1:15.

That would keep me playing the russians if i could do that.
3 Jun 2014, 16:08 PM

You know russian tanks can cap at vet1 and doctrinally self repair from within the tank?

Why would they need that ability to abandon tank in the first place?
3 Jun 2014, 16:11 PM

I was actually looking forward to US the most, but i got disappointed and have found myself having the most fun with Soviets and OKW. I just love these 2 factions, suit my style perfectly although the factions are very different.
3 Jun 2014, 16:34 PM

I think it's likely that the Sherman's penetration/AT is roughly at T-34/76 level with higher rate of fire. The Sherman 75mm was roughly equivalent to the 76mm IRL, too.

The shermans in the video knocked out the P4 from the rear. Also, in the video you can see that they cost 120 fuel.

As far as armor & gun go, I see them as in the middle of the mediums:

T-34/76, Panzer IV, US Sherman 75, Sherman 76, T-34/85.

Did anyone notice how effective the Sherman was against a p4? Maybe a little to powerful for a tank that's suppose to be "effective against light vehicles and infantry" (as said in description).

That's a lot of units for US, Micro nightmare.
3 Jun 2014, 17:19 PM
Patrion 27

Straight from Wiki: When the M4 tank arrived in North Africa in 1942, it was clearly superior to both the German Panzer III medium tank, with its 50 mm gun, and the older versions of the Panzer IV armed with the short barreled 75 mm gun. For this reason, the US Army believed the M4 would be adequate to win the war, and no pressure was exerted for further tank development.
3 Jun 2014, 17:53 PM

The Soviets does need a revamp. I can't explain why but it's safe to say OKW faction doesn't fare well against the Soviet early game.
3 Jun 2014, 17:56 PM

The Soviets does need a revamp. I can't explain why but it's safe to say OKW faction doesn't fare well against the Soviet early game.

I also can't say why, but they are fine after they get 1st CP.
3 Jun 2014, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2014, 13:30 PMBurts
no, however, these is a big balance patch that also adjusts the old factions on june 24th. The soviets arent getting a revamp, however, they will still shine in their ability to super hard counter things en mass.

Which is a bit sad really, if you want to counter a German heavy tank as the Americans it will involve lots smoke, flanking, combined arms, micro and all of the things that made CoH1 great (well until OF).

With the Soviets the only thing you can do is get a disable onto it using an simple ability and then point your SU-85 at it OR ram it with your T-34. Yeah, the macro side to the Soviets is really boring, Ostheer is fine as you can skip tiers and more unique stuff than the Soviets...
3 Jun 2014, 18:26 PM

Permanently Banned

Neither does Ostheer, haha. The best "counter" is to rush T2 ASAP.

well , with OKW even worse, so imagine.. :D
3 Jun 2014, 18:29 PM

[...]ram it with your T-34.

HA!

3 Jun 2014, 18:37 PM

T-34/85 spam and marked target are the solution to all our troubles.
3 Jun 2014, 19:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You know russian tanks can cap at vet1 and doctrinally self repair from within the tank?

Why would they need that ability to abandon tank in the first place?

Eye candy and just sheer coolness.

Or hell if they wont do that,just make the crew leave hop out the tank when its in secure mode and self repair.

It doesnt make that much sense visually anyway that the crew can self repair a tank(Including the engine) from the inside.

3 Jun 2014, 19:38 PM
Patrion 310

Yeah I wonder how the old factions will function with the new ones.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★