Login

russian armor

S-Mines

3 Jun 2014, 14:47 PM
Donator 11

Well it's easy to spot em, go around em, just get mine detectors asap, though when your unit's retreat through it, its a sad day
3 Jun 2014, 17:39 PM

I'm not calling for a nerf, their design is the problem. They are too effective even when you know they are there, they can lock down every flank route after 2 mins on some maps like kholondy or semois.
3 Jun 2014, 17:39 PM

Only problem is the build time and retreat path. Cant tell you how many times I was on one side of Semoisky and a smart Ost player waved his magic wand as I hit retreat and insta built them right in my path resulting in multiple whipes.

They build way too damn fast. Outside of that they have signs and yes they can be hard to see but the BOOM isnt hard to hear. Hit stop and retreat.
3 Jun 2014, 17:43 PM

I'm not calling for a nerf, their design is the problem. They are too effective even when you know they are there, they can lock down every flank route after 2 mins on some maps like kholondy or semois.

That is impossible, german player will not have enough ammo to afford the s mines 60ammo cost by that time, let alone be able to spam them on every flank. Making s mines comes at a high cost for the german player including not being able to upgun 221, get lmg and medic bunker, throwing rifle grenades, etc.
3 Jun 2014, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2014, 17:43 PMAbdul

That is impossible, german player will not have enough ammo to afford the s mines 60ammo cost by that time, let alone be able to spam them on every flank. Making s mines comes at a high cost for the german player including not being able to upgun 221, get lmg and medic bunker, throwing rifle grenades, etc.

Yes your right I did over exaggerate but it's not as far as off as you might think. You. Only need around 75 muni to shut down kholody centre. Easily done after just a few mins. I'll try and get a few replays of me abusing them...

What you have to realise is that just a few munis makes flanks nearly impossible
3 Jun 2014, 20:06 PM

Yes your right I did over exaggerate but it's not as far as off as you might think. You. Only need around 75 muni to shut down kholody centre. Easily done after just a few mins. I'll try and get a few replays of me abusing them...

What you have to realise is that just a few munis makes flanks nearly impossible

ok lets see the replys, I would love to pick up a start where I can cover few flanks early
3 Jun 2014, 20:21 PM

They need to be cleared by sovie minesweepers faster. It takes way to long to sweep them right now, that's the only problem I see.
3 Jun 2014, 20:36 PM

They need to be cleared by sovie minesweepers faster. It takes way to long to sweep them right now, that's the only problem I see.

Yep. That's the main issue.
Too quick to plant
Too long to get rid
3 Jun 2014, 20:49 PM

Simple solution, and one that would make the game better:

add suppression to s-mines and soviet mines.
3 Jun 2014, 21:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yep. That's the main issue.
Too quick to plant
Too long to get rid

My only issue.
3 Jun 2014, 21:28 PM

In Vcoh, the main purpose of mines was not to outright kill squads but to either spoil flanks by suppressing the victims or to provide engine crits. If you ask me, that was a more sensible design approach than the current situation. S-Mines are essentially very expensive area denial and yes, if someone gets very sloppy, they might actually kill a squad every now and then, but overall its a gimmick. In any case, they are crap compared to Soviet mines which as we all know kill even full health squads fairly regularly for a modest 30 muni investment... In the interest of balance, I reckon the best approach might be to allow the planting 15 muni patches of S mines without the warning signs and to significantly increase the build time as compensation. That way, the all important asymetry (TM) would be preserved while giving the S-mines a higher utility.
3 Jun 2014, 21:36 PM

pioneers can go deep into territory, start laying mines, if he gets shot at then he retreats but he will have put up at least one segment already due to their very short build time

The fuck, is this an argument? Pio's can go deep in and start layin mines?

When spammed they become ridiculous area deniers.
- When spammed defensively around the cut off it basically becomes a no go zone as one mg can pretty easily lock down a massive area.

When spammed. When spammed they are indeed area deniers, for 1 bloody second. Mortar, any vehicle or MINEDETECTORS can handle it.

Too hard to get rid of.
- When put down offensively they become a nightmare to get rid of. Sweepers take soooo long to clear them that it's nearly cost effective even if they don't kill anyone.

Are you aware of the fact that there are signs, that you can get a minesweeper and that they cost 60 ammo?

What is this topic?
3 Jun 2014, 23:04 PM

Just for the record; the soviet mine costs half the ammo, has about equal buildtime, has no signs, wipes inf squads and cripples vehicles.

4 Jun 2014, 02:34 AM

What is this topic?

The same as most topics on this forum: "I lose at CoH2, but it's not my fault. Here's a list of things to change so I can win more without having to improve".
4 Jun 2014, 06:52 AM
Donator 22

The same as most topics on this forum: "I lose at CoH2, but it's not my fault. Here's a list of things to change so I can win more without having to improve".

:clap::thumbsup:
4 Jun 2014, 07:19 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2014, 11:33 AMsteel

I can understand the ISU nerf ( just make it have more scatter at long range). The soviet mine can't say much since mines are meant to kill people anyway but rifle grenades? It's not as powerful as last patch and costs 30 ammo. It's quite expensive for something that does not guarantee the death of enemy squads. Care to state your reason?

They seem to do about as much damage as a Guards/PG nade, but with more range, and being much harder to dodge. May be just me though, I've never heard others complain about it (except for one Soviet guy I used a lot of nades against a couple of games ago :P)
4 Jun 2014, 09:22 AM

This isn't a moan OP thread, reading back through my posts it does seem that way... I don't have a problem with their balance but S-mines are gimmicky and just annoying to deal with. They were pretty poor when they had the long build times but just to "balance" the fact that they have signs they've been given this quick build time which means you can lay a patch in literally a second.

They don't promote good game play and never have done in any patch, much like the "area wire" we had before, I'd rather it be replaced with a more conventional mine.

4 Jun 2014, 09:24 AM

Just for the record; the soviet mine costs half the ammo, has about equal buildtime, has no signs, wipes inf squads and cripples vehicles.

15 muni a segment (just need 60 to start laying).
much less build time per segment.

Also soviet mine is stupid at the moment with its AOE profile, but everyone knows that....
The soviet mine needs its stats changing.
The ost mine needs its concept changing.
4 Jun 2014, 09:41 AM

15 muni a segment (just need 60 to start laying).
much less build time per segment.

Also soviet mine is stupid at the moment with its AOE profile, but everyone knows that....
The soviet mine needs its stats changing.
The ost mine needs its concept changing.

Ok, the ability to build single minesegments needs to go/be changed. Other than that S-mines are fine.
4 Jun 2014, 10:30 AM

Ok, the ability to build single minesegments needs to go/be changed. Other than that S-mines are fine.

to be honest i wouldn't mind if they created a single segment ability. what is the use a of a minefield when you need to lay mines at a choke point?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS