Login

russian armor

Hands on Western Fronts Armies

PAGES (75)down
30 May 2014, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 10:13 AMPorygon

If there is anything breaking the balance, it's the Soviet. <444>_<444>

I just can't see these 4 different armies fit in the same game without messing up everything.

I also find it a little lame that they bring back the Westernfront theater, there still is a ton of potential with the Ostfront.
30 May 2014, 10:24 AM
Patrion 14

We're talking about the *marketing* agree with Ami. The lame comments a la Von Ivan (do you do anything else?) are dull and fuck up otherwise good threads so I agree with Omega. It only takes one fuckwitted post to derail the whole thing.

Ami - constructive criticism from a supporter - mods need to mod on this forum, not just be old hands with nice avatars.
30 May 2014, 10:30 AM

all i can say is that im super excited.
30 May 2014, 10:32 AM

Umm, you can't criticize relic marketing strategy, because you can't criticize something that does not exist.

A press release 2 weeks before release and another one, one year later before expansion is NOT marketing strategy, its not even marketing at all.

Relic can make a good game, but they are completely useless when it comes to the games promotion and advertisement.

WFA will be a good expansion that will bring new life to CoH2, but with how relic "advertises" hardly anyone outside of present community will know that.
30 May 2014, 10:36 AM
Benefactor 360

Here's one. Can you break the resource system like CoH1 USA + Brit? Like can you park a OKW Resource Truck on a Fuel Point with an Opel Blitz to get stupidly high fuel income?

I actually hope not, but I'm curious.

That's a no no.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
30 May 2014, 11:59 AM

Stream viewer numbers are at what looks to be an alltime low. Right now LIVESTREAMS shows "Offline", which means absolutely nobody is streaming Company of Heroes 2. I wonder if # of streamers/# of viewers is a metric that Relic tracks, because its the only one that matters if you want to get a scene going.

I have wondered in the past if the feelings and/or attitudes towards this game as portrayed here on COH2.Org reflect the player base overall. This may tie in with the number of players online (as seen in Steam) versus how many people are streaming. I remember during one of the free weekends noticing at one point there were around 9,000 people playing almost daily for three days and when I came here, I always see the same number of people streaming and only a slight uptick of people streaming in Twitch. Personally, I don't know how Relic / Sega can make the game exciting. I got a key in my email and shrugged. As a loyal fan of the game, I will buy the expansion and play. I don't know why I am less than excited at the prospects. I predict there will be a slight uptick in the player base come the end of June, and we will be were we are right now shortly there after...and I for one want this game to succeed. I invite my friends to play when there is a free weekend, like the posts on Facebook, and still play with a good attitude in vCOH. I have been trying hard to get my stream to work, but no matter what I do, it always looks bad lol.
30 May 2014, 12:29 PM

dear god okw is the same as brits.... we are in for a roller coaster ride for balance.

Ooohh no They are not. to be honest, I expected them to be some kind of rip off of the CoH OF, but relic has done a great job. factions are brand new and the mechanics are great.
30 May 2014, 12:55 PM
Patrion 14

They don't feel like Brits tbh. The only issue I can see is on some of the smaller CoH2 maps.
30 May 2014, 13:27 PM

3 weeks to release. now if i want to pre-order i got only 10 or so screenshots and a month old 20 second gameplay trailer.
30 May 2014, 13:40 PM

A Question about the OKW: I have seen many Panthers and Panzer IV on the new screenshots i just hope that the OKW doesnt have the exactly same core Units(Panther, Panzer IV) like the Ostheer already have? Are These type of tanks part of the Ostheer on the screenshots or will the OKW are a mirrored Osthher faction with new heavy tanks?

I m just confused about this because there are also tanks left out like Hetzer and Marder III.It would be stupid if These tanks would not be part of the game and relic gives OKW the same Units like Ostheer?

I m afraid of this because it would be another epic design fail.I want the OKW to have completely different Units and tanks and not just a army with a different Name and Panzer IV and Panther like the Ostheer as there stock Units..........>:(
30 May 2014, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 13:40 PMAffe
A Question about the OKW: I have seen many Panthers and Panzer IV on the new screenshots i just hope that the OKW doesnt have the exactly same core Units(Panther, Panzer IV) like the Ostheer already have? Are These type of tanks part of the Ostheer on the screenshots or will the OKW are a mirrored Osthher faction with new heavy tanks?

I m just confused about this because there are also tanks left out like Hetzer and Marder III.It would be stupid if These tanks would not be part of the game and relic gives OKW the same Units like Ostheer?

I m afraid of this because it would be another epic design fail.I want the OKW to have completely different Units and tanks and not just a army with a different Name and Panzer IV and Panther like the Ostheer as there stock Units..........>:(

oh dear! German faction which has a panzer IV and a panther ! COMPLETELY UNHISTORICAL. PANZER IV WAS NOT GERMAN TANK.

Seriously dude, some things do have to be mirrored,, what kind of german faction is this with no panther or panzer IV?
30 May 2014, 13:47 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What about short YouTube videos featuring units a la "let's be awesome together?" 2 min video showing a new unit, its abilities, a few shots of it in action doing its job. Release a new video every other day. Build hype? Gain followers?

JUST AN IDEA :facepalm:
30 May 2014, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 13:47 PMBurts

oh dear! German faction which has a panzer IV and a panther ! COMPLETELY UNHISTORICAL. PANZER IV WAS NOT GERMAN TANK.

Seriously dude, some things do have to be mirrored,, what kind of german faction is this with no panther or panzer IV?

I am interesting in a really unique OKW faction that is COMPLETELY different from the Ostheer.

I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU: PANTHER AND PANZER IV WERENT THE ONLY GERMAN TANKS.SURPRISE!!! THEY HAD MUCH MORE DIFFERENT TANKS!!! SURPRISE! SUPRISE!

What is the Point to Play the Ostheer faction when OKW also has Panzer IV and Panther as there stock Units AND much bigger stronger heavy tank call ins(King Tiger, Jagdtiger)?

I havent seen Panzer III, Marder III, Hotchkiss, Jagdpanther and Hetzer so far it would be absurd to left them out of the game and giving OKW Panther as a T4 unit and Panzer IV as a T3 unit. Why should i ever Play Ostheer again?
30 May 2014, 13:57 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2014, 13:56 PMAffe
I am interesting in a really unique OKW faction that is COMPLETELY different from the Ostheer.

they are unique, relax...
30 May 2014, 14:11 PM

Chill out people, good times are coming :)
30 May 2014, 14:15 PM

I think the Panzer III is in the game. It's in one of the photos.

We also have the Jadpanzer IV, which is better than either the Hetzer or Marder III.

30 May 2014, 14:22 PM

Those aren't Panzer III's, they're Panzer IV's. Because of the NDA I can't tell you how they're implemented or what Panzer IV version they are but they're Panzer IV's. (To a Relic employee who sees this and thinks I'm breaking the NDA, from the picture you can quite clearly tell they're Panzer IV's.)

And Affe, can't really answer your question because of NDA.
30 May 2014, 14:33 PM

this is a Panzer III:

Those aren't Panzer III's, they're Panzer IV's. Because of the NDA I can't tell you how they're implemented or what Panzer IV version they are but they're Panzer IV's. (To a Relic employee who sees this and thinks I'm breaking the NDA, from the picture you can quite clearly tell they're Panzer IV's.)

And Affe, can't really answer your question because of NDA.

That makes me sad because that could probably mean that we wont see Hetzers or Marder IIIs in the game.instead of adding the cool nasty Hetzer relic adds Panzer IV again to a new army......<444>_<444>

I can already imagine how they are implemented similar to Panzer Elites Panther Battlegroup.:S only in a different Version.

It feels like a copy and paste Ostheer army only with OKW as ist Name.
30 May 2014, 14:48 PM

Sorry, cannot tell you anything. :/
PAGES (75)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment