Login

russian armor

Small Player Base

27 May 2014, 18:06 PM

Didn't really realize exactly how small this game's player base is until yesterday my friend and I (total scrubs) were auto-matched against Ciez and NSPlayer (OMGPOP?).

Is this game just losing more and more players? I know some don't enjoy it as much as the original, but this makes me kind of worried for the future of the series. Maybe the automatch system is just flawed. I started playing kind of late but it has become my favorite game (without playing any RTS besides C&C: Red Alert, haha). It is kind of funny how small the community is, yet how dedicated a good portion of the members are to contributing towards improving the game rather than rejecting it.

I hope there is a future for COH. Can't say I've been more fascinated with a video game since THPS2.

Just thought I would start a thread for the frig of it.

also, new unit in coh2
27 May 2014, 18:16 PM

You have to get 10 games to get an actual rank. Before that I guess its pure random who your opponents will be.

On topic: last time I checked the game had an SMALL increase in players. But yeah the playerbase is small.
27 May 2014, 18:25 PM

ah, I didn't know about the 10 game thing. I guess I have more reason to get my ass handed in auto-match haha.
27 May 2014, 18:30 PM

When you get 10 games with your friend it will get better. I think the automatch is very good at the moment when you go AT.
27 May 2014, 18:36 PM

It really depends on your skill level and the time of day. Top-10 2v2AT teams frequently get matched up with 1000something rank random 2v2 players during the gap between North Americans getting off of work and Europeans waking up.
27 May 2014, 18:51 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Your "P"rovisional period (first 10 games) is not purely random. You start at the base ELO and your ELO fluctuates massively during that period as it attempts to settle in the proper place. If you win 7 in a row, I can pretty much guarantee that your 8th game will be against tough opponents.
27 May 2014, 22:01 PM
Patrion 15

Didn't really realize exactly how small this game's player base is until yesterday my friend and I (total scrubs) were auto-matched against Ciez and NSPlayer (OMGPOP?).

Is this game just losing more and more players? I know some don't enjoy it as much as the original, but this makes me kind of worried for the future of the series. Maybe the automatch system is just flawed. I started playing kind of late but it has become my favorite game (without playing any RTS besides C&C: Red Alert, haha). It is kind of funny how small the community is, yet how dedicated a good portion of the members are to contributing towards improving the game rather than rejecting it.

I hope there is a future for COH. Can't say I've been more fascinated with a video game since THPS2.

Just thought I would start a thread for the frig of it.

also, new unit in coh2

There is definitely a future for the game. Besides, if you enjoy playing it, and your getting matches in a fairly timely manner, does it really matter how many people are actively searching? The game is heading in the right direction, and even though the WF release will likely turn the game into a cluster fuck for a while, I'm confident that they will be able to get the new factions in line fairly quickly. I think we, as a community, need to ditch the idea that coh2 needs to be vcoh 2.0 and get behind the game for what it is if we want to see positive grass roots growth.

I actually like the fact that its a small community, because I think its cool to get matched up against the best players in the world (lol) and see how I stack up.
27 May 2014, 23:26 PM

There is definitely a future for the game. Besides, if you enjoy playing it, and your getting matches in a fairly timely manner, does it really matter how many people are actively searching? The game is heading in the right direction, and even though the WF release will likely turn the game into a cluster fuck for a while, I'm confident that they will be able to get the new factions in line fairly quickly. I think we, as a community, need to ditch the idea that coh2 needs to be vcoh 2.0 and get behind the game for what it is if we want to see positive grass roots growth.

I actually like the fact that its a small community, because I think its cool to get matched up against the best players in the world (lol) and see how I stack up.

I agree for the most part =). The game feels reinvigorated since the march deployment & elbe day patches, never been so balanced.

But to be honest Western fronts feels like CoH 2 is trying to be vCoH 2.0 by going back to the western front. Thus appealing the player base who stuck with vCoH. A finnish faction and a new soviet sub-faction would have been much better in my humble opinion, keeping CoH 2 about the eastern front. The balance will be a cluster fuck for a long while. People complaining about ISU-152, there's worse coming, Αα :p

Lastly the matchmaking ELO system is fair. Once i got matched vs sageofthesixth for some odd reason even if I"m a 1000 to 2000 rank player, but that's the only matchmaking hiccup I've experienced.

27 May 2014, 23:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 23:26 PMFrencho

People complaining about ISU-152, there's worse coming :p

D: O.o T_T

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 23:26 PMFrencho

But the matchmaking ELO system is fair. Once i got matched vs sageofthesixth for some odd reason even if I"m a 1000 to 2000 rank player, but that's the only matchmaking hiccup I've experienced.

sub100 here and i´ve days on which i´m paired with 500-2000. I´ve even paired with someone on the 12000 (i should had restart the search but i was af-coh-k)
28 May 2014, 21:32 PM

As of this message time.

playing 22 min ago

24-hour peak
30 May 2014, 21:39 PM

the game is far from dead. it finds a game in less than a minute usually and most of the time is quicker than it takes me to find a game in CSGO and we all know how big that game is in terms of players.

dont worry about it, coh2 is just getting started ;)
30 May 2014, 22:49 PM
Senior Editor Badge

the game is far from dead. it finds a game in less than a minute usually and most of the time is quicker than it takes me to find a game in CSGO and we all know how big that game is in terms of players.

dont worry about it, coh2 is just getting started ;)

people who say this game is dead, are CoH1 shiites :D
31 May 2014, 07:58 AM

It is slowly growing. I'd recommend that you guys if you ever encounter new players to CoH2 to direct them to CoH2.org (I didn't even know this existed until i started creeping on streams)
31 May 2014, 08:49 AM
Patrion 14

... where they will become bitter and twisted in about five minutes :D
31 May 2014, 09:16 AM

Thing is as some1 mentioned, this game doesnt get advertised enough. I acidently saw vcoh in shitiest game store, picked it up cuz of meh, loved it. Probly never would find it if not for my luck. Same with CoH2, hardly any promotion. Nothing on Steam page, Gaming review sites etc. All i see is freaking bunch of indie games and ps4VSxbox threads
P.S. just saw reviews on steam page, and have a urge to bash someones head, and run them over with tractor " it's full of pay to win DLC, riddled with net-code issues, the campaign is easy as hell and boring, PLUS if you want to be one of those guys that just plays skirmishes with the AI, don't even bother - they cheat to the point where it's not even funny" :gimpy:
31 May 2014, 14:07 PM
Patrion 15

Yeah I feel like the steam reviews certainly don't help our cause. We should probably write some positive reviews about the direction the game has taken, lets make sure that WFA gets some GOOD press. Tired of all the negativity in the community. PURGE THE WHINERS!
31 May 2014, 14:26 PM

Yeah I feel like the steam reviews certainly don't help our cause. We should probably write some positive reviews about the direction the game has taken, lets make sure that WFA gets some GOOD press. Tired of all the negativity in the community. PURGE THE WHINERS!

The "most helpful review"

complains how germans are OP with better tank, how mortars, mg and at guns are useless, how its impossible to make a comeback in comparison to coh 1 (lol) , and also complains that the game does not support turtle style gameplay and you need to play aggresivelly in order to win (lol , welcome to WW2). The guy also complains that the soviets have exactly the same units with reskins and the same tier structure like americans from Vcoh (lol).

So there you go guys, top review in a nutshell, has no idea how to play the game,zero understanding of the game, mechanics and generally clueless has only 60 hours put into COH 2 and has 4000 upvotes.
In comparison helping hans review has only 700 upvotes.
Just shows how brainded some people are and they will pretty much believe anything say them..
31 May 2014, 15:04 PM

as i mentioned in another thread
i wish someone would develop and organize this community to promote WFA and COH2 since we are left out. Maybe write reviews on major sites, devout our couples of hours to promote the game, get into steam community and change the godawful review there etc.
If not for someone to organize us, we should take things in our hands :) Goddamnit im thankful to Relic for giving me a game to play for about 4 years and have such great time. Got more than my moneysworth much much more :)
3 Jun 2014, 07:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2014, 14:26 PMBurts

The "most helpful review"

complains how germans are OP with better tank, how mortars, mg and at guns are useless, how its impossible to make a comeback in comparison to coh 1 (lol) , and also complains that the game does not support turtle style gameplay and you need to play aggresivelly in order to win (lol , welcome to WW2). The guy also complains that the soviets have exactly the same units with reskins and the same tier structure like americans from Vcoh (lol).

So there you go guys, top review in a nutshell, has no idea how to play the game,zero understanding of the game, mechanics and generally clueless has only 60 hours put into COH 2 and has 4000 upvotes.
In comparison helping hans review has only 700 upvotes.
Just shows how brainded some people are and they will pretty much believe anything say them..

Actually I took time to read that review, and its pretty much the best review of the game, just post-release, I have seen anywhere else.
For the time it was written at, it's bang on. There isn't much I would have disagreed with review at that time.
COH2 has changed a lot since then, tho. Nonetheless, it changed because not many people liked what they got and complained

Helping hans, not many people would have agreed with Hans's review at the time. Hence the free fall player numbers took in first few months.
The game was terrible disappointment for huge number of players, and this site and COH2 official site are littered with disgruntled community...

You sir have short memory
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1
Germany 818
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %