Login

russian armor

Minor german issues.

28 May 2014, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2014, 08:05 AMwongtp

killed in matter of seconds from what? AT guns? t34s? it only happens if you run into soviet lines head first without weakening their lines 1st or hitting a mine or 2 and losing ur engine. cant blame anyone for that when a swarm of t34s comes and hunt ur weakened panthers down.

stop initiating fights with panthers. its no longer the tank it used to be when they could mess up soviet lines just by charging in. if you rush panthers into the straight into enemy lines, expect them to be taken out. instead chip away at their defenses with indirect fire and gain advantage in map control with ur superior mobility. t34s have no chance against panthers, so expect AT guns and bring along infantry to deal with them. then settle ur paks elsewhere to guard against smart players who relocate their t34s to another side of the map away from ur panthers.

there's a problem with teching cost and CP gain, no doubt about that. but there's none with the unit itself. cost does not justify a unit being OP. look at what the old tiger ace was, stupidly tanky with 2000hp, 320dmg and with a whole bunch of abilities. expensive? yes. balanced? not in any sense of the word.

i didnt mention isu152 beating it because its clearly an OP unit, needs to go out of the game together with the elefant.

Man, you don't understand. Panther is to expensive to be used in the manner you say it should be used. Understand? You want Panther to be used like a soviet tank while it's way more expensive. I can't spend that amount of resources on a tank that after every shot must run and hide because that means I wasted my investment. I said it allready: keep the Panther as it is, but seriously decrease its cost, otherwise it's simply not worth it. Decreasing Panther cost and making Pzwerfer to actually kill something from time to time, will bring back german T4 in the game and german players will have a choice, to go T3 or T4. Currently there is only one resonable and cost effective choice: T3 + Call in.
28 May 2014, 17:46 PM

Man, you don't understand. Panther is to expensive to be used in the manner you say it should be used. Understand? You want Panther to be used like a soviet tank while it's way more expensive. I can't spend that amount of resources on a tank that after every shot must run and hide because that means I wasted my investment. I said it allready: keep the Panther as it is, but seriously decrease its cost, otherwise it's simply not worth it. Decreasing Panther cost and making Pzwerfer to actually kill something from time to time, will bring back german T4 in the game and german players will have a choice, to go T3 or T4. Currently there is only one resonable and cost effective choice: T3 + Call in.

+1 and the same builds, gren gren gren mg gren gren stug stug stug maybe an ostwind, tiger tiger
or
gren gren mg sc pak ht gren stug stug stug tiger tiger
or
gren gren mg gren gren stug stug stug stug stug elephant

or
gren gren mg sc pak ht gren stug stug stug elephant

if you go mech assault there will be 2 or 3 ass grens at first and a short barrel stug. also if you go spearhead there will be a mht in ther as well. THIS IS IT. These are the only units the ost have that are actually worth the resources to build atm. its getting super boring.

meanwhile soviets entire army is useful minus katushka, mortar is pretty crap, and combat engees(but they have super mines so there are technically very usefull.
8 Jun 2014, 13:13 PM

+1 and the same builds, gren gren gren mg gren gren stug stug stug maybe an ostwind, tiger tiger
or
gren gren mg sc pak ht gren stug stug stug tiger tiger
or
gren gren mg gren gren stug stug stug stug stug elephant

or
gren gren mg sc pak ht gren stug stug stug elephant

if you go mech assault there will be 2 or 3 ass grens at first and a short barrel stug. also if you go spearhead there will be a mht in ther as well. THIS IS IT. These are the only units the ost have that are actually worth the resources to build atm. its getting super boring.

meanwhile soviets entire army is useful minus katushka, mortar is pretty crap, and combat engees(but they have super mines so there are technically very usefull.

Uhm what about Penals, T-70, IS-2 and SU-76? Penals just die like flies, T-70 too expensive for its use (Panther syndrome), so is SU-76. IS-2 either wipe every Gren squad it see or being completely useless. Soviet army relies too much on RNG. Most of their weapons either squad wipe or fail to do jack.
8 Jun 2014, 14:33 PM

We also seen to forget the Panther out ranges the IS2. I beat an IS2 with a Panther and a Pio squad and a Gren Squad.....

Panthers performance is fine. Its cost is not fine. As was stated in the thread over and over again.

Learn to use all its advantages not its Need for Speed and Adamantium Armor of yesteryear.
8 Jun 2014, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
We also seen to forget the Panther out ranges the IS2. I beat an IS2 with a Panther and a Pio squad and a Gren Squad.....

Panthers performance is fine. Its cost is not fine. As was stated in the thread over and over again.

Learn to use all its advantages not its Need for Speed and Adamantium Armor of yesteryear.

MIMIMIMI in other words "I am soviet fanboy, panther is too powerful pls increase cost to 400 fuel and make range 20 and pls make isu kill everything on battlefield with no skill since im soviet only player (oh wait)"
9 Jun 2014, 17:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Because that weakness in all german tanks, i only get tiger's... lol

P4 early game is fine... But need ultra care with AT's...

But no luck if you pass a alien mine...

Panther i think is fine, but tiger is a way better, with similar price, and the brumbar??? 2Slow!!! Is a gold turtle!!! Stug is a cheap turtle...
9 Jun 2014, 17:41 PM

MIMIMIMI in other words "I am soviet fanboy, panther is too powerful pls increase cost to 400 fueanaagshdfkajgshcuchdnehuaiadhdhsududhqgusxihahsydicjwvehsuchdhajderpdhagiejfgwwgdihdbsbsbshs

BANNED

Alternate accounts for dicking around are not allowed. If you want to stink up the place, use your real account.
9 Jun 2014, 17:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Panthers would be viable if they were cheaper and T4 was easier to establish.
9 Jun 2014, 18:02 PM
Patrion 27

MIMIMIMI in other words "I am soviet fanboy, panther is too powerful pls increase cost to 400 fuel and make range 20 and pls make isu kill everything on battlefield with no skill since im soviet only player (oh wait)"

One might think you didn't even read what he wrote and are just posting to flame...
9 Jun 2014, 18:46 PM
Patrion 14

+1. i think panthers are fine when they come out but getting to them takes just so damn long. i don't know about seriously making it cheaper though. it's still a good tank and anyone who says 'it dies too fast' or complain about its health nerf, they are *******. its health got nerfed because before you could just drive around enemies' position and get out easily even in big games like 4v4.

t4 before the april patch was 'get to t4 and win' button in 2v2+
t4 after the patch is 'get to t4 and you'll get a nice diversity but that's about it'
9 Jun 2014, 18:54 PM

t4 before the april patch was 'get to t4 and win' button in 2v2+
t4 after the patch is 'get to t4 and you'll get a nice diversity but that's about it'

Wrong ,after patch its 'don't go T4 if u want to remain in the game'.
9 Jun 2014, 21:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Call in beat t4. Go t4 is a waste of resources 90% of the time..
12 Jun 2014, 02:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2014, 21:52 PMBravus
Call in beat t4. Go t4 is a waste of resources 90% of the time..

Soviets feel your pain as well. Their t4 is pretty useless too. Of course relic could not sell as many commanders with uber call in tanks if the core tier 4 tanks are balanced against them. This may be a struggle between marketing and game balance. Who knows.....
12 Jun 2014, 02:39 AM

Soviets feel your pain as well. Their t4 is pretty useless too. Of course relic could not sell as many commanders with uber call in tanks if the core tier 4 tanks are balanced against them. This may be a struggle between marketing and game balance. Who knows.....

Su -85 is hardly useless,but yeah soviets in general are more dependant on call ins to deal with lategame german armour.
12 Jun 2014, 14:46 PM

Su -85 is hardly useless,but yeah soviets in general are more dependant on call ins to deal with lategame german armour.

German T4 is useless because its so expensive. But you have the option for AI and AT.

Soviet T4 has one good unit in it and its ONLY AT. So you have to somehow supplement it with AI through doctrine or Sniper spam or something other than Cons that can actually kill infantry. SU85 is useless once the tanks are off the field or before they arrive. Even more so than a Panther.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Russian Federation 28
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak