Login

russian armor

Idea for Twitch Ingame

20 May 2014, 15:49 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So after the removal of twitch in-game I wondered how we could better incorporated it. Currently we now have this slideshow system, featuring certain highlights and I thought why not create a twitch highlight as well? Take a look at the images below to see what I mean. The new game Landmark is a prime example of how one would go about creating such a highlight. After clicking on the highlight it should take you to the twitch coh2 directory like so http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Company%20of%20Heroes%202.

What do you guys think?
20 May 2014, 15:53 PM

Someone should slap Relic for not thinking of this when changing main menu.

Then relic should slap themselves for not thinking of this in the first place.

Then they should get it in ASAP because it most likely takes no huge effort that would require one month of waiting.
20 May 2014, 15:57 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This honestly wouldn't take long to do at all. Just a picture and a link to twitch. That's it. Come to think of it that could add highlight's here to advertise tournaments and other events. Relic have no excuse now :snfQuinn:
20 May 2014, 15:58 PM

Agree with Katitof

Great idea Hans, doubt that relic will do smth that the community asks though.
20 May 2014, 17:26 PM

Let's also not forget that the new battleservers could theoretically rout game state data to any number of connections (ie. Observer mode).

I can definitely see a "watch live games" panel somewhere in there, with filters by rank, commander selection, .. :drool:
20 May 2014, 17:31 PM

Let's also not forget that the new battleservers could theoretically rout game state data to any number of connections (ie. Observer mode).

I can definitely see a "watch live games" panel somewhere in there, with filters by rank, commander selection, .. :drool:

It is worth it for games like LoL/DoTA that get a ton of viewers but for a small viewer boase that CoH2 get I think it will be unlikely they adopt a method like this, despite it being a good choice. I would love to see something like that as well.
20 May 2014, 17:49 PM

It is worth it for games like LoL/DoTA that get a ton of viewers but for a small viewer boase that CoH2 get I think it will be unlikely they adopt a method like this, despite it being a good choice. I would love to see something like that as well.

I really hope that Relic doesn't see things this way.

"Game could be great, but it's not. So why bother?"
20 May 2014, 19:16 PM

Quinn Duffy guarding all the good ideas Relic should've implemented in the game:

"They must get through me first before they can ever dream of the wonderful things I have in store behind me but never plan to implement.....cause.......#RelicLogicBestLogic."
20 May 2014, 19:22 PM

Relic's important value is;

Don't implement great stuff in the game, they might boost the game.
20 May 2014, 19:39 PM

If Relic won't to this, adding some basic features and support for the game maybe they should allow the community to help them (like solving this problem), we have so many good, creative members who could help the game's development.
21 May 2014, 05:53 AM
Patrion 15

Verry nice idea Hans..... So that can se many people who don't know about players like Hans who streamt every day great stuff... Maybe the number of coh2 twitch viewer will grow so.

Ps: sorry for my bad English
21 May 2014, 06:54 AM

Twitch was removed from the game?
21 May 2014, 06:55 AM

I actually think this is a good idea, Bravo Hans.
21 May 2014, 12:59 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Bump. Would any artists be interested in creating this highlight image btw?
21 May 2014, 14:12 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

First step would be to get the necessary image pixel dimensions required by Relic. Why don't you ask them, Hans? Would also be good to know if they are even interested in something like this before an artist starts to put alot of work into it.
21 May 2014, 14:58 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

First step would be to get the necessary image pixel dimensions required by Relic. Why don't you ask them, Hans? Would also be good to know if they are even interested in something like this before an artist starts to put alot of work into it.

I have asked a few Relic staff to look into this, still waiting on a response.
31 Jul 2014, 22:53 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Bump. Seriously don't know why Relic hasn't done this. It shouldn't take much effort at all to do really. Let's get more support for this idea.
31 Jul 2014, 22:58 PM

Good idea Han's I like it, I don't know why Relic haven't done it but there are a lot of things they "should" do like customizable hotkeys, fixing game optimization, actually Improving vehicle pathing and collision, etc.
1 Aug 2014, 00:29 AM

1 Aug 2014, 05:11 AM

Good idea Han's I like it, I don't know why Relic haven't done it but there are a lot of things they "should" do like customizable hotkeys, fixing game optimization, actually Improving vehicle pathing and collision, etc.

True but one step at a time.

This could be step number 1 LOL.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 10
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L