Login

russian armor

True effect of Opel?

15 May 2014, 02:59 AM

I remembered the original function of Opel is getting double resource at the point they parked at, so Stuka Strafe can be called infinitely in the early patch.

But after the nerf I still don't understand their true function, they are like a callin cache to me. Can anyone give me the true stat that the Opel give?

Is it their bonus the same, when parking at fuel point and normal strategy point?
Does it stack with cache?
Does it keep working after the point is capped or neutralised?
Can two trucks parking at the same point work?
15 May 2014, 03:07 AM

I really want to know too. I think I've noticed when my partner gets it you see +X muni +X fuel appear intermittently, so I'm assuming it just kind of gives you a bit of resources every few seconds.

I don't know what the stats are though. I don't know if it has to be parked inside the capping point circle. I don't know if it stacks with anything. Definitely going to pay attentino ITT.
15 May 2014, 03:15 AM
Benefactor 115

it's a fuel and ammo cache rolled into one (+5 ammo and +3 fuel) for what would cost 400 manpower costs 300 manpower.

Same where ever you park it.
stacks with caches built on the point.
doesn't work when point is capped or neutralised.
Can't stack with another truck.
15 May 2014, 03:19 AM
Patrion 14

1. it's bonus is static now.
it gives trickle of muni and fuel in normal point.
it gives you more trickle in fuel and muni point but only the
corresponding resource (7 fuel and muni)
2. yes (Editted: i was wrong)
3. no
4. no

the true effect/purpose of opel is to keep germans op in team games
15 May 2014, 04:25 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 03:19 AMpigsoup
1. it's bonus is static now.
it gives trickle of muni and fuel in normal point.
it gives you more trickle in fuel and muni point but only the
corresponding resource (7 fuel and muni)
2. when it's on cached point, it gives the resource corresponding to
the cache (dont know the exact amount)

it's a fuel and ammo cache rolled into one (+5 ammo and +3 fuel) for what would cost 400 manpower costs 300 manpower.

This info contradicts each other, can someone clarify? I tend to trust ipkai on this one (no offense pig) but if someone can definitively say one way or another that'd be cool.
15 May 2014, 04:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

This info contradicts each other, can someone clarify? I tend to trust ipkai on this one (no offense pig) but if someone can definitively say one way or another that'd be cool.

The Opel gives only fuel on fuel points, and only muni on muni points. It gives both on standard points. Caches have no effect on it.
15 May 2014, 04:44 AM

It always gives you 5 ammo and 3 fuel every now and then no matter what point you park it at, no matter where in the sector you park it. I just drive it into some bushes at my inner points, since as i said, the income is always the same.
15 May 2014, 04:52 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 04:42 AMOhme

The Opel gives only fuel on fuel points, and only muni on muni points. It gives both on standard points. Caches have no effect on it.

I don't think this is true, I was under the impression that it gave the same resources regardless of the sector, therefore it is always best to hide it near your closest base sector, preferably out of los.
15 May 2014, 05:14 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I don't think this is true, I was under the impression that it gave the same resources regardless of the sector, therefore it is always best to hide it near your closest base sector, preferably out of los.

I confirmed this today. The fact is, most people dont bother putting them forward on a fuel or muni point because it is dangerous. Placing it on a fuel point gives +7 fuel, and muni point gives you +11
15 May 2014, 05:18 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 05:14 AMOhme

I confirmed this today. The fact is, most people dont bother putting them forward on a fuel or muni point because it is dangerous. Placing it on a fuel point gives +7 fuel, and muni point gives you +11

I'll try it later and post a video to confirm unless someone else beats me to the punch.
15 May 2014, 05:37 AM

Ohme is right. Opel gives a bonus MU or FU based on the sector and it nolonger stacks with caches.

15 May 2014, 05:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 05:37 AMy3ivan
Ohme is right. Opel gives a bonus MU or FU based on the sector and it nolonger stacks with caches.

It DOES stack with caches, it just doesnt gain any benefit or change based on the cache on the sector.
15 May 2014, 05:39 AM

doesn't work when point is capped or neutralised.
Can't stack with another truck.

I made one of opels bug by setting it down while it was moving and it moved into another territory while setting down in the one i ordered it to set on and i got double resources from both territories. I called in another opel on the territory that I ordered the first to set on and set it up there. Triple resources in total on that territory after adding the fuel cache. :D
15 May 2014, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 05:38 AMOhme

It DOES stack with caches, it just doesnt gain any benefit or change based on the cache on the sector.
It does normally you put a fuel cache on a normal point and it gives +3 extra to your income then when you put an opel it adds on another 3 and 5 muni. I loved spammming opels and caches on steppes when I played 4v4. :D I got crazy fuel income, popping out panthers with +90 fuel income. If I lost a panther I quickly replaced it with another one. :D
15 May 2014, 06:01 AM

Are Opel resources shared?
15 May 2014, 06:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Are Opel resources shared?

Yes, all teammates benefit from them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W