Login

russian armor

Poll: About limiting heavy tank call ins

9 May 2014, 17:49 PM

No, not all heavy tanks only for the Elephant and ISU152.
9 May 2014, 18:18 PM

I don't see why anyone would want to limit the amount of variety in army composition. Limiting this will just double the amount of medium tank spam people are always complaining about (shermans, used to be panthers...). I'm against anything that limits tactical options.
9 May 2014, 18:54 PM

Same. Limiting options is just bad design.

1. If it's too easy to get heavy call-ins then hurdles can be added (tier requirements).

2. Since some heavies are basically better versions of non-doctrinal units, there is also a need to make doctrinal units more unique. (eg. A tiger is basically a better P4. There is nothing a P4 can do that a Tiger can't and that should change because it reduces options by design)

3. If we accept that there's a place for Tiger/IS2 spam, then there should also be a valid counter for that composition. Currently, getting 2-3 Tigers or IS2s invalidates their natural counters (AT guns), and that's just not right. The game should not be about reaching that 3x heavy tank composition in order to win, because once again if such compositions have no effective counters they effectively reduce strategic options.
9 May 2014, 19:08 PM

Ick... the irony is people do not know how bad this will backfire.
12 May 2014, 12:05 PM

ISU152 is a game breaker.
12 May 2014, 14:15 PM

I support a maximum of one heavy tank callin on the map at anytime, but others can be call as replacement.
12 May 2014, 15:07 PM

We did have a similar poll here before? I vote that each topic have a limit of one poll.
12 May 2014, 15:36 PM
Patrion 310

Bah not again... Please no. Good heavens no.
12 May 2014, 15:47 PM

I don't want this. Not because it wouldn't help, but because it doesn't actually fix the real problems.Which are:

1. Left over fuel from not teching. Players can abuse the fact that they don't have to tech getting an advantage against those who do spend 100 something just to tech to T3 or T4. Giving Call-in only players a huge fuel advantage to spam their choice of call-ins.

2. Heavy tanks performing better then their worth in medium tanks. Having two tigers should compound their weaknesses, making flanks to their rears even more devestating. Instead multiple heavies still have huge health pools and deflect way too many shots aimed at their rear.
25 May 2014, 20:01 PM

I think heavies like Tiger and IS2 should be limited to 2 on the field at a time. ISU152 and Elefant should be limited to 1 at a time. I think that's perfectly reasonable. Even in a really good game I'll never have more than 2 tigers out anyway.

25 May 2014, 22:03 PM

How many call ins did we see in the SNF today? Heavy tanks are much more cost\effective than tier tanks. This need to be changed. Coh1 style was good.
26 May 2014, 06:08 AM
Patrion 15

In my opinion any change to the heavy call-ins needs to include something to make the window of opportunity for those who choose to tech a little bit more rewarding. As it stands, teching to T3 gives you about 2-3 minutes to make an impact with the fuel that you have spent to get armor out earlier. This is simply not enough when a heavy will be available shortly after.

Not only are call ins much more effective, but the fuel saved from teching makes them extremely cost effective as well. The player that capitalizes on an early fuel advantage should be rewarded with a significant window to punish his opponent. I feel like at the moment its much to cost effective to stall your opponent with T1 + T2 play into heavy tanks. We need an option to punish this sort of play style, because as it stands it is extremely hard to end the game by teching and getting out the first vehicle. Your opponent simply stalls until his much, much more effective heavy tank rolls out, in the mean time saving enough fuel for a 2nd to either seal the deal, or replace the first.

I think that simply pushing back the CP requirement could work quite well. This would allow players who want to save the fuel for call ins to do so, while putting themselves at a significant disadvantage in the mid game if their opponent decides to tech. IMO 20 minutes is too early to call in a tank as effective as the Tiger or dual T34 85s. They seem fit for around the ~27 minute mark, which is what I would consider late game.

Another option, as has been mentioned before, is to require some level to tech before you can call in the heavies.

What do you guys think about pushing back the CP requirement without making teching a requirement for call ins?
26 May 2014, 06:25 AM
Patrion 14

In my opinion any change to the heavy call-ins needs to include something to make the window of opportunity for those who choose to tech a little bit more rewarding. As it stands, teching to T3 gives you about 2-3 minutes to make an impact with the fuel that you have spent to get armor out earlier. This is simply not enough when a heavy will be available shortly after.

Not only are call ins much more effective, but the fuel saved from teching makes them extremely cost effective as well. The player that capitalizes on an early fuel advantage should be rewarded with a significant window to punish his opponent. I feel like at the moment its much to cost effective to stall your opponent with T1 + T2 play into heavy tanks. We need an option to punish this sort of play style, because as it stands it is extremely hard to end the game by teching and getting out the first vehicle. Your opponent simply stalls until his much, much more effective heavy tank rolls out, in the mean time saving enough fuel for a 2nd to either seal the deal, or replace the first.

I think that simply pushing back the CP requirement could work quite well. This would allow players who want to save the fuel for call ins to do so, while putting themselves at a significant disadvantage in the mid game if their opponent decides to tech. IMO 20 minutes is too early to call in a tank as effective as the Tiger or dual T34 85s. They seem fit for around the ~27 minute mark, which is what I would consider late game.

Another option, as has been mentioned before, is to require some level to tech before you can call in the heavies.

What do you guys think about pushing back the CP requirement without making teching a requirement for call ins?

or make them buildable (once cp unlocked) in later tier buildings
26 May 2014, 06:57 AM

There are multiple ways to fix it. But not as it is right now.
Please, Relic, change something and lets try it. If it doesn't work we can modify it until we get the desirable effect.

I think people in this community contribute really good in balance with good ideas. Not many of them are applied in the patches.
26 May 2014, 06:59 AM

All commander units should be called in from the buildings.. For exaple; ur commander has Tiger call-in, whenever it is unlocked by CP, u can call it in from t4 building..

I remember in the alpha or beta phase of the game. It was like this. But they changed it in the release version, probably after getting some feedbacks..
26 May 2014, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2014, 06:59 AMErguvan
All commander units should be called in from the buildings.. For exaple; ur commander has Tiger call-in, whenever it is unlocked by CP, u can call it in from t4 building..

I remember in the alpha or beta phase of the game. It was like this. But they changed it in the release version, probably after getting some feedbacks..

I doubt that was a reason Relic decided to ditch the idea of callin attached to tier buildings and i never remember relic post regarding to this during alpha/beta.

It was only implemented during alpha stage to close beta, where swappable commander are still not yet been fully implemented yet and they needed feed back on those units. How quickly Relic change them to commander callin ability during the last few beta stage with intention on supporting various Commander (DLC).

As per topic, there are multiple ways of solving it.
IE:
(a) making them very heavy MP investment
(b) limiting them by unit cap (as per discussion)
(c) minimum tier prerequisite (which maybe a bit problematic on balancing tier on both side)
(d) making heavy tanks callin slightly higher in cost and pop cap
26 May 2014, 10:26 AM
Donator 33

No.

Just balance them properly and it'll sort itself. Saying yes is accepting that they are more cost efficient and all-round than other units.

Then again, if you don't trust Relic to balance them properly, it's a way of minimizing the damage they do to the game.
Neo
26 May 2014, 10:50 AM

No.
Saying yes is accepting that they are more cost efficient and all-round than other units.

To my mind, saying "yes" is accepting that they are currently more cost efficient and increasing their cost to better align it with their performance.

The current situation is:

Your first T34/76 costs you 120+100=220 fuel.
Your first IS2 costs you 230 fuel.

Your first SU85 costs you 120+120= 240 fuel.
Your first ISU152 costs you 260 fuel.

German numbers are similar to this. (Just think about a Tiger at 230 fuel vs. a Panther which has a build cost of 175 alone, to say nothing of the teching cost)

Change the costing system to requiring tiers to call in heavy tanks and you change 2 things:

1. Extend the mid-game and end Company of Call-ins (tm)
2. Align the cost of heavies with their performance

P.S. ISU and Elephant still need nerfbat application to the face.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★