Login

russian armor

Stuka Dive Bomb

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
7 May 2014, 21:42 PM

Sorry dude, just tested it, you are wrong, Elefant doesnt turn into anything while in Hold Fire... uff I was scared, I admit it XD, but as I said:

Hold Fire <444>3

Whoops, you are absolutely correct.
18 Feb 2016, 23:54 PM

You have around 6 seconds to move your units before the bomb hits. The noise is loud enough to completely move out of the way before it hits. Adding smoke would just be nonsensical, as the noise is already a clear indicator of where the bomb will land.

Once you hear it, you should move every single one of your units in the vicinity. There is ample warning and time to move your units.

Relic has never addressed this in the past because it really doesn't need to be. It's still expensive at 160 munitions, and it doesn't unlock until the very late game. I don't see any real issues with it.

If you're complaining about air recon, that means it is costing the German player 240 munitions to bomb a single target. Recon is not free.

Also, the Stuka bomb is only available to four commanders, and only two of those have air recon - Jaeger armor and Close Air support.

You forget Luftwaffe commander which has the only loiter recon plane option. (This commander is not close air support)
19 Feb 2016, 00:25 AM

Just remove enemy base targeting from Stuka Dive Bomb. I wonder why its still possible while other heavy damage abilities that are a lot more random can't target enemy base. Its relics fault that all units in base clump up in a very tiny space so they shouldn't allow a timed attack, that will abuse this ridiculous retreat mechanic. While an IL2 can't be timed exactly to bomb retreating squads when they are arriving at home because the time the plane needs to fly depends on the size of the map, a Stuka Dive Bomb always has the same time between calling and arriving.

In additon I personally find it boring that both abilities (Diving Stuka / IL2) counter even vet3 artillery stations to 100% and there is no a single way to give them a chance to survive. Just one click and dead.
19 Feb 2016, 00:41 AM
Patrion 14

Dunno what people are on about regarding the price, at 160 ammo it is currently the best priced artillery in the game for effect it gives. Though I would play the sound 1-2 seconds earlier.

Single shell pinpoint accuracy artillery with no visual cue is precisely the most useful type of arty CoH has. Yes please. Sure the siren is a dead giveaway but in teamgames (I know, I know) you might be spread out and it is really difficult to a) hear it in time with all the extr crap going on b) keep track of enemy LOS givers (major factor in anticipating Stuka strike location) c) larger map with forces more spread out = more potential drop locations.

But really Stuka problems are mostly that it counters artillery too well for cost, it is available in very good commanders so much more ubiquitous presence in the field unlike say, il2 bomb run.

Fix it oneshotting howitzers, then we can talk.
19 Feb 2016, 01:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

wtf is this necro?
19 Feb 2016, 02:48 AM

This thread is too outdated to be brought back. 2014? roflmao.
19 Feb 2016, 03:05 AM

Two years later and people still can't adapt
19 Feb 2016, 06:07 AM

My only problem with it is thats it can be used in the base sector... Now that emplacements cant be built there there is no real reason for any strikes to be capable either
19 Feb 2016, 06:22 AM
Patrion 28

1.5 years later it got a massive AoE buff.
19 Feb 2016, 15:43 PM

can we turn all deadly off map abilities from flares into siren? I think more people would realize if that were the case.
17 Mar 2016, 20:48 PM

since Stuka Dive bomb was brought up in B4 thread, I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead.
17 Mar 2016, 21:06 PM

1.5 years later it got a massive AoE buff.
And a very well deserved one.
17 Mar 2016, 21:09 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just start a new thread instead jfc.
18 Mar 2016, 00:27 AM

I do think two things to do with it could be rebalanced.

1) That it kills a howitzer in one. Obviously the howitzer can't dodge it and that's 600 mp down the drain as soon as it's revealed.

2) The Elephant doctrine has it. Which eliminates one of the few things that can hurt an Elephant - a howitzer/b4.

I'd like to see those things adjusted. Otherwise, it's fine.

When you agree that an Allied bombing run (RU/USF) is nerfed against a LeiFH, then I will agree to have this nerf

Edit: Fkn lol, also fell for necro bait
18 Mar 2016, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

When you agree that an Allied bombing run (RU/USF) is nerfed against a LeiFH, then I will agree to have this nerf

Edit: Fkn lol, also fell for necro bait

USF don't have bombing runs.

Funnily enough though, the IL-2 PTAB Anti-Tank run is probably just what people want for howitzers to have a chance against airstrikes - it's a bit RNG, and will go from heavily-damaging a howitzer to decrewing with some health left on the gun itself, usually not completely killing the howitzer and preventing recrewing.
nee
18 Mar 2016, 01:32 AM

Besides necropost:

I personally think it should have been like a typical air strike: plane moves over minimap and can be shot down. If not shot down, then frankly you deserve whatever happens next. The plane can even move much faster like the CAS strafes.
18 Mar 2016, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 01:32 AMnee
Besides necropost:

I personally think it should have been like a typical air strike: plane moves over minimap and can be shot down. If not shot down, then frankly you deserve whatever happens next. The plane can even move much faster like the CAS strafes.

the roblem with the AA mechanic in this game is you will never shoot down the plane before it does what its supposed to (with the exception of the soviet fuel drop but thats because it has to be inferior to air supply) so you end up turning the plane into another bomb AFTER it drops its payload

but stuka would be fine if disallowed in the base sector (no abilities should be allowed in base sector)
18 Mar 2016, 17:32 PM

A few things to point about it Stuka Divebomb.

1. while the sound is obvious (except when ton's of other loud sounds happen at the same time or it bugs out, in which case you are buggered.) it's hardly any good indicator of where it is going to land. You know it's coming, but in the general direction of every unit in your army or your friends army. You have 6 seconds to guess wether you are getting bombed, which unit or move your entire army just to be sure.

2. In 2v2 and up it forces not just 1 player to react but the entire team. Compared to other arty where flares forces reactions in a specific area.

3. Other bombings gives both visual as well as sound cues, why should the stuka be any different? It's price is quite cheap compared to alot of other bombing abilities and it's a dead center hit every time.

I think the ability is quite unfair in it's design and is inconsistent with the games "rules" of giving a fair warning. Especially when the audio get's cluttered or it just bugs out and get no warning.

I'm not saying this is the only ability that feels unfair, there are others and I think they should be made more fair as well, regardless wether it is allies or axis.
18 Mar 2016, 18:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

but stuka would be fine if disallowed in the base sector (no abilities should be allowed in base sector)

THIS.
18 Mar 2016, 18:31 PM

A few things to point about it Stuka Divebomb.

1. while the sound is obvious (except when ton's of other loud sounds happen at the same time or it bugs out, in which case you are buggered.) it's hardly any good indicator of where it is going to land. You know it's coming, but in the general direction of every unit in your army or your friends army. You have 6 seconds to guess wether you are getting bombed, which unit or move your entire army just to be sure.

2. In 2v2 and up it forces not just 1 player to react but the entire team. Compared to other arty where flares forces reactions in a specific area.

3. Other bombings gives both visual as well as sound cues, why should the stuka be any different? It's price is quite cheap compared to alot of other bombing abilities and it's a dead center hit every time.

I think the ability is quite unfair in it's design and is inconsistent with the games "rules" of giving a fair warning. Especially when the audio get's cluttered or it just bugs out and get no warning.

I'm not saying this is the only ability that feels unfair, there are others and I think they should be made more fair as well, regardless wether it is allies or axis.

Unfortunately, I don't see any usual pro-Axis players commenting on this. Everyone knows it's wrong. It costs 160 muni and is a lot more effective than the Allied 200+ muni globals with flares but it's largely ignored. It can drop in base in which there is no counter for retreating units since they're uncotrollable while retreating. Penile, Mistah, Zarok. waiting on you.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 96

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment