CoH 2 Hype

22 Feb 2013, 00:55 AM

Same

This.

Greets
Schepp himself
22 Feb 2013, 06:54 AM

how is that quote inappropriate?

If it is perhaps the end of the beginning, hes saying that it is perhaps time for the beta
22 Feb 2013, 07:13 AM
22 Feb 2013, 07:39 AM

February 22nd and still nothing ?

It'll be pretty bad if they wait until March 1 to announce the March 2013 release window is out and the game is delayed again.

Worse still if they just let March roll on by and say nothing.

The longer the silence the worse it will be for pre-order cancellations...
22 Feb 2013, 13:38 PM

how is that quote inappropriate?

If it is perhaps the end of the beginning, hes saying that it is perhaps time for the beta

Because the end of the beginning suggest it is still the beginning, which is still quite far way from the actual end (the beta/game). This quote, if used properly, is aimed to temper over-optimism as there is still a long way to go. Thus, the quote is inappopriate in this case, as the aim was not to temper over-optimism about the (announcements of the) beta, but to create optimism about the proceedings.
22 Feb 2013, 13:50 PM

Because the end of the beginning suggest it is still the beginning, which is still quite far way from the actual end (the beta/game). This quote, if used properly, is aimed to temper over-optimism as there is still a long way to go. Thus, the quote is inappopriate in this case, as the aim was not to temper over-optimism about the (announcements of the) beta, but to create optimism about the proceedings.

Relic is on the clock. This ain't Blizzard or NASA and there is not an infinite pile of money set aside to develop a game that will be life and death to sell half a million copies at full price.

Pure financial necessity dictates this game is out in 3 months at the absolute latest.
22 Feb 2013, 18:43 PM

I just replied to the usage and meaning of the quote. Whether relic is on schedule or not is a different issue.

Its too hard to defend any predictions at this point, as every previous prediction has been proven wrong.
22 Feb 2013, 19:53 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

This.

Greets
Schepp himself

(+1) But I think the new publishers will probably exact higher standards, even if it means waiting a while.
22 Feb 2013, 21:33 PM
Donator 22

Meh..hype.

They HAD hype. Now we don't know exactly what we have. That's the problem.

I don't understand complete silence for a month and counting. I get it that they are 2 companies merging and that takes time. Thats fine. Work hard together and get it right. No problem.

What I don't understand is the almost complete lack of communication. Anything at this point is better than nothing. Something along the lines of...working hard to get a community manager hired. We want to speak with you! Or.... made some significant progress today with Coh2. Stay patient! Let us know what steps they have to complete to get to BETA launch and how far along they are. Or even if its a delay, communicate that...Working hard to get you a hard BETA launch date ASAP. We value you!

Anything right now beats total silence.

Its almost like they won't acknowledge the buildup that THQ and Relic created with their statements in Oct-Jan and its spooky. We are...after all...their customers. Many of us have already ordered the game months in advance based on those statements. Right now, I'm sorry, we deserve better.
23 Feb 2013, 01:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2013, 21:33 PMMortar
Meh..hype.

They HAD hype. Now we don't know exactly what we have. That's the problem.

I don't understand complete silence for a month and counting. I get it that they are 2 companies merging and that takes time. Thats fine. Work hard together and get it right. No problem.

What I don't understand is the almost complete lack of communication. Anything at this point is better than nothing. Something along the lines of...working hard to get a community manager hired. We want to speak with you! Or.... made some significant progress today with Coh2. Stay patient! Let us know what steps they have to complete to get to BETA launch and how far along they are. Or even if its a delay, communicate that...Working hard to get you a hard BETA launch date ASAP. We value you!

Anything right now beats total silence.

Its almost like they won't acknowledge the buildup that THQ and Relic created with their statements in Oct-Jan and its spooky. We are...after all...their customers. Many of us have already ordered the game months in advance based on those statements. Right now, I'm sorry, we deserve better.

i agree with you all the way
23 Feb 2013, 02:25 AM

Within the confines of his job descriptions ,Quinn Duffy is doing his best to hype the game. He is posting every week now on the Relic web site.

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/BETA-21064?page=2

It's clear this title needs a community manager. This "lets pretend THQLynx is hte CM" isn't working out so great.
23 Feb 2013, 11:10 AM

He says they are now adding a lot of stuff, wich imply Master Sega may have found the game a bit too rushed and told them to take the time to make it better.

If I keep speculating I'd think it's an obvious reason for the deafening silence of the past weeks, they can't say "we had order to rush an unfinished product but now it's cool".

So, that's a good news I guess.
24 Feb 2013, 00:31 AM
Patrion 15

Ya know, I love both Starcraft and CoH, but i'm a bit disappointed in the level of hype for CoH2 thus far.
When i look at how well Blizzard is hyping the new Starcraft expansion it makes me sad to see how neglected the new Company of Heroes 2 is at this point.

Wow. That is an amazing cinematic. I wasn't going to get HOTS but after seeing that, I probably will. Blizzard makes amazing cinematics. Unfortunately Relic doesn't have the budget to do something like that for COH2. The trailers we've seen so far pale in comparison. I feel the marketing for COH2 has really been lacking so far.
24 Feb 2013, 00:56 AM
Benefactor 115

I'll pass on HoTS. Played the beta for some time and it just didn't do it for me, it didn't feel like a jump from SC to SCBW or RoC to TFT.

The cinematic is nice but I can always watch them on youtube.
Hux
24 Feb 2013, 02:21 AM
Patrion 14

Wow. That is an amazing cinematic. I wasn't going to get HOTS but after seeing that, I probably will. Blizzard makes amazing cinematics. Unfortunately Relic doesn't have the budget to do something like that for COH2. The trailers we've seen so far pale in comparison. I feel the marketing for COH2 has really been lacking so far.

I Agree. Although it gives me hope that, now Sega has acquired the rights for the Dawn of War series, they can get some really good cinematic hype going for the next game in that series. I think more fantasy style-ised games can get away with that kind of cinematic easier than a game with a setting such as CoH 2. Im not saying I myself haven't been disappointed with the lack of Video trailers (Because I have!) But I dont think it would be that easy for CoH to pull off one of those Blizzard style trailers.

Would have liked to have been proven wrong though if one is still in the making..

EDIT: OT: I think its probably right to suspect that Relic have been given more time to 'polish' what was going to be shipped as a Hail Mary back at the start of the year. Good, I'm glad. I'd rather wait for a mint game that's properly done than be turned away from the series forever by a rushed game that's obviously not ready. (See: Gearbox - Aliens:Colonial Marines)

Maybe we'll all be praising Sega in 6 months for rescuing the franchise from a future of RTS mediocrity like C&C.

This is the point i'm most excited about CoH - I didn't think it was that appealing in the Alpha - there was potential however. And perhaps SEGA has picked up on this.
24 Feb 2013, 02:46 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I am so tierd of seeing CoH vs SC debates here and other forums. This is a CoH site, not a site made for SC and how the team supports the game so much better and how they have more resources for SC to succeed, end of story. If you want to give glory to SC, go ahead and cheer for it in SC forums. CoH and SC are not the same game, not by a mile. So please stop, this is just childish.. i like this candy more than the ones they are bringing out soon. Well QQ, get over it n00bs.
24 Feb 2013, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2013, 02:46 AMSpanky
I am so tierd of seeing CoH vs SC debates here and other forums. This is a CoH site, not a site made for SC and how the team supports the game so much better and how they have more resources for SC to succeed, end of story. If you want to give glory to SC, go ahead and cheer for it in SC forums. CoH and SC are not the same game, not by a mile. So please stop, this is just childish.. i like this candy more than the ones they are bringing out soon. Well QQ, get over it n00bs.

SC is sort of the model for competitive RTS's though. And there are objectively many things better about SC2 than CoH. If Relic wants to compete for my money, they should think about offering similar features. I don't want to pay for a dumbed-down, bare-bones and unbalanced game, and CoH2 hasn't much displayed to me (Albeit it really hasn't done anything yet, so we'll see) that it will be different from the above. Still hoping, but skeptical.
28 Feb 2013, 18:09 PM

I am almost ashamed of what i will say but EAs handling of generals 2 in the public relations department is way more ''liberal'' and perhaps better at creating hype than this radio silence than the one employed for coh2
28 Feb 2013, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2013, 18:09 PMkafrion
I am almost ashamed of what i will say but EAs handling of generals 2 in the public relations department is way more ''liberal'' and perhaps better at creating hype than this radio silence than the one employed for coh2

I guess.. but it doesn't change the fact that EA generally screws up in the other departments. Aka they want to (read will) make as much money with as little effort possible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★