Login

russian armor

CoH 2 Hype

Hux
11 Feb 2013, 01:12 AM
Patrion 14

OP: To be honest, I Love CoH, always did. IMHO they waited too long to release Coh2. There should have been no OF. They didn't create anything new and it just felt like a stop-gap to me. I think Relic (and associates) Missed a trick. Alpha was shit, bad design, bad pacing, and although I know it's not completely representative of the finished product, It was terrible. I can understand where you are coming from. Unless the BETA seriously pulls a rabbit out the hat (and I'm seriously hoping it does and will hapily be labelled as 'one of those who was a skeptic') I am seriously worried that I am not going to enjoy playing this game.... (based on what I've seen)
11 Feb 2013, 02:01 AM

I've been very excited for a COH sequel since before it was even announced because I think we all sensed it was in the works. Although, I think I have pretty realistic exceptions because I understand they have set the bar high and experience has taught me that sequels usually don't deliver.

I am also bearish on the current state of PC gaming in regards to unlock grinding, F2P aspects for full priced games, and DLC. All of these aspects seem to be incorporated in COH2. DLC can be great because it adds content and provides a revenue stream to keep the game supported. I've just never really seen it work out for a RTS game before. If the majority of it is in the form skins and SP campaigns than I'm fine with it. These bulletins and purchasable doctrine trees sound dubious.

I'm still pretty excited but I find this prolonged media blackout troubling. Something just doesn't smell right.
11 Feb 2013, 02:21 AM

it is telling that the most commercially successful RTS games had the basic "buy the box you own the entire game forever" revenue model without trying to superimpose some kind of microtransaction model on top of it.

11 Feb 2013, 02:23 AM

it is telling that the most commercially successful RTS games had the basic "buy the box you own the entire game forever" revenue model without trying to superimpose some kind of microtransaction model on top of it.

ROFLMAO! Awesome
Hux
11 Feb 2013, 09:05 AM
Patrion 14

Jesus I couldn't work with those guys.. Bald guy seems like a prick.

And what a waste, You put all those bottles of Stella out so the table doesn't look empty and nobody even opens one.. people at Blizzard are just weird.
11 Feb 2013, 09:07 AM
Benefactor 115

12 Feb 2013, 08:19 AM

That vid is hilarious lol
12 Feb 2013, 16:15 PM

Since I played the alpha my hype is dead.
12 Feb 2013, 20:26 PM

When I think of the experiences I had with True Sight, ColdTech and the new capping mechanics, I get all hyped up again <444>3
13 Feb 2013, 02:59 AM

I'll reserve my comments up until release date. Not that anyone cares.

People need to stop comparing Blizzard and Starcraft to other RTS. Not because they aren't an RTS, but because they are a sensation in and of itself. Blizzard has a COMPLETELY different set of opportunities when it comes to developing, simply because, until very recently, they produced and developed their own damn games. They did an amazing job at it, too.

They had incredible amounts of money and freedom to do it, something Relic, to a very large extent, didn't back then, and probably doesn't right now. Stuff like marketing gets approved in the end by the Publisher (THQ/Sega).

Do you guys even know how much money a single FMV trailer like the ones Blizzard releases costs? Don't even consider the monetary cost, just the time it takes to produce one. I remember them saying the original Tychus Findlay teaser basically broke their MentalRay renderers.
13 Feb 2013, 15:22 PM

tbh, i was absolutely unhyped before... and i'm slowly getting hyped right now :-)

Yes. That is why you have already posted over 200 posts on a forum that reads www.coh2.org............:P
13 Feb 2013, 16:46 PM

Since I played the alpha my hype is dead.

Same
18 Feb 2013, 14:50 PM

Didnt play alpha :(, but have been waiting coh2 for long time. Lately tho, hype is being washed away mostly because there is nothing new of coh2.
20 Feb 2013, 07:27 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Marcus and I were our own little COH2 hype machine for the few months leading up to SNF S4. We did a blog post to hype COH2, almost daily. I'm feeling the effects of the downtime... we don't have any concrete dates to look forward to and it's been radio silence from the official COH2 hype machine (which was the THQ Facebook) for over 3 weeks now.

Hopefully this bummer-period will be the quiet before the storm, and the machine will start pumping again. They actually have a great opportunity now to come out guns blazing.
20 Feb 2013, 07:49 AM

Dunno if they can come out guns blazing just a month after acquiring Relic, but some news would be nice :(
20 Feb 2013, 08:16 AM

Quinn Duffy posted yesterday on the offical forum link

On topic, can we get another update Quin Duffy?

tia
Very soon. We know we had to get our ducks in a row with this acquisition process, but I don't think we realized how many ducks there were. And that there are multiple rows.

To quote Winston Churchill: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning"
20 Feb 2013, 16:20 PM

Completely inappropriate quote if hes trying to claim an update will be in the timeframe of "very soon".
21 Feb 2013, 03:03 AM
Senior Caster Badge

That quote makes no sense in this context. Duffy must be smoking whatever he was smoking when he came up with the idea of the British faction in OF.
21 Feb 2013, 03:14 AM

I hear IronRoman is the dealer of this special stuff! MVGame
22 Feb 2013, 00:02 AM

Or maybe Sega actually approved something that made the game better....

...and they smoked that stuff to celebrate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★