Login

russian armor

2p_Working_Title

1 of 5 Relic postsRelic 9 Feb 2013, 04:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hello all,

As some may be aware - I have a map work in progress which I've been livestreaming of. Well, I now have a first pass ready for testing and feedback.

And feedback I need.

The map looks like ass, I don't art maps until it's tuned - so be prepared for crappy visuals. Anyway, send me PMs with feedback if you have the chance to try it.

Current TacMap (v3)

Updated 02/11/2013 - v3
- Yet another territory layout change
- Few minor object placement changes/tweaks

Updated 02/10/2013 - v2
- Culled out some buildings in the town, including swapping a few out for different ones
- The Monastery on the left VP has been removed and replaced with an open field with little cover
- Several roads have been replaced with versions that do not generate negative cover
- Moved some resources about slightly.
- The Fuel points outside the bases have been swapped to medium
- Fuel points on right side of map are now strategic points to maining +15 fuel
- Added some fields in mainly to break up the constant barrage of yellow grass everywhere

Updated 02/09/2013 - v1
- Re-built map on a smaller scale (288x288 as opposed to 352x352)
- New territory layout - this should feature more cutoffs.
- 3 fuel (3x Low)
- 3 munitions (2x High, 1x Med)
- 2 Manpower
- Several areas re-built.

CURRENT VERSION: V3
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vtqsne5zq38j35k

V2
http://www.mediafire.com/?d4zpry1uzqkzo

V1:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7xgbrufvhx69e6d

Stream:
www.twitch.tv/tribalbob41
9 Feb 2013, 07:10 AM

So just some first impressions.

Map looks ok, way too big though for a 1v1 map. Maybe you can make it a 2v2 map? Otherwise compress it a little.

The fuel placement is less than stellar to me. Put the fuels on the wings to encourage people to work the whole map. Strat point placement is also a little weird, Change it around to encourage more cutoff action. You might also need to get rid of some strat points, at least 2 of them.

I think you can also add a few more hedges for chokepoints and define where you would like to see players camp their territory.

Also can you upload a tacmap version of your map? It's hard to see the resource layout on the stream.

That's it from me atm. Good luck with your map.
9 Feb 2013, 07:20 AM

Code
08:14:59.83 GameObj::OnFatalScarError: [string "DATA:scenarios\mp\2p_working_title\2p_working_title_ID.scar"]:8: malformed number near '12azors_shack'

dude, srsly, wtf? :-P
9 Feb 2013, 08:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What was it, 352x352 playable area? It seems indeed quite big for a 2 player map, especially if the bases are positioned in the corner and you also want action on the wings of the map by positioning VPs there. Quite a good chance to transition this into a 2vs2 map though.
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 10 Feb 2013, 03:41 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Since the Territory and Size were two of my main concerns, I re-built the map at a smaller scale with a new resource layout. Link is updated in original post.

The left-most VP area might be sort of... balls.
10 Feb 2013, 07:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Bob! I just gotta say how awesome it is that you're streaming the creation of a COH map. That has massive significance to this community. Thank you for doing this. Followed.
10 Feb 2013, 10:36 AM

this map looks more balanced than argentan crossroads :/
10 Feb 2013, 20:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I played 2 games on this against Chains earlier today. I'll attach the VoD's from the games in this post.

Some feedbackz:

- Too many buildings in the town ; That provided a few issues -> 1: It's a nightmare to setup there as wehr. The buildings are blocking nearly all the LoS for the MG42's. 2: It promotes campy play (I'm gonna sit in this building, and your opponent takes the building on the other side of the road)

- The roads in town ; Because of all the buildings, you're forced quite alot to charge in over the red cover roads. I don't have to explain the hurt in MP loss that results in..

- Lack of a +10 fuel somewhere ; We both had issues with getting up T2 in decent time. There just wasn't enough fuel to hold.

Btw, keep on streaming this kind of stuff. Checked the VoD's of you making this map, was interesting to see.

Right, the VoD's (ignore the tunez, I just like to play with music on :P )

G1:

G2:

3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 11 Feb 2013, 00:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Thanks, GeneralHell - I had gotten some feedback about those same issues from a few folks; map has gotten a pass and is updated in top post
11 Feb 2013, 01:12 AM

Possible name suggestions;

Saint Perrie (San Pair-ree)
Toulais (chew-lay)
Requains-Mar (ree-kwain)
Julletan (Joo-lay-torn)
11 Feb 2013, 07:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge

ImperialDane called it 'Tribalbobville', I kinda liked that for a name :P
11 Feb 2013, 07:28 AM

this map should be called Bartsdorf
11 Feb 2013, 07:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge

A few points from looking at the tacmap
  • The resource balance seems to be a bit off. It has turned out that having fuel/munitions balance of 1/2 is the best. Some factions are more heavy on munitions (wehrmacht) and others rely more on teching (US). With 1/2 balance it seems to play out best. You currently have 30fuel/82munitions, which will most likely lead to a rather slow tech...
    On the other hand the +10fuel is directly connected to the base, like on Semois. It may play out, but i would have a close look.
  • I am not a big fan of the strat point layout on the right side in V2. Having a strat point in the corners of a map doesnt really serve any purpose. You don't cut off or connect anything with them...
    At the same time you make the map left hand side heavy, cause the only thing that attracts to harass the right is the VP, but if you concentrate on that side you're low on resources...
    Maybe swap one of the SPs with one of the +5 fuels from the left?!
  • The placement of the two middle +16 munitions points seems to favour the north base. the left one seems to be in the middle, while the right one is much closer to the north even with a chunk of forrest to separate it from the south.
  • Not sure what to think of the most northern +10 munitions sector. Its very large, but the resource point is on the very right edge of the sector. It looks a bit odd. Might be just my oppinion though.
11 Feb 2013, 09:39 AM

I thought this was a coh2 map -.- Why bother making a coh1 map at this stage, or is it possible to copy maps to coh2 :P?
Moy
11 Feb 2013, 10:45 AM

GeneralHell how come I can't see those two games!?!?
11 Feb 2013, 10:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2013, 10:45 AMMoy
GeneralHell how come I can't see those two games!?!?
/
Not sure, twitch is just weird lately..

Here are the direct links:

G1: http://www.twitch.tv/generalhell/c/1914890

G2: http://www.twitch.tv/generalhell/c/1914931
11 Feb 2013, 12:10 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

• I am not a big fan of the strat point layout on the right side in V2. Having a strat point in the corners of a map doesnt really serve any purpose. You don't cut off or connect anything with them...
    At the same time you make the map left hand side heavy, cause the only thing that attracts to harass the right is the VP, but if you concentrate on that side you're low on resources...
    Maybe swap one of the SPs with one of the +5 fuels from the left?!

agreed with this one
11 Feb 2013, 13:01 PM

I think there is too little fuel, needs 2 more +5s or something. And I don't like how the +10 fuels are right outside the bases, doesn't seem right. On Semois it was harassable due to the river forcing you to go all the way around. And the fuel imbalance on the map between left and right sides means that the north base is OP by just camping the left hand side they can get all the fuel.
11 Feb 2013, 15:20 PM

as i see on GeneralHell stream, this map should have one or two major points worth taking it, i suggest to make +10 fuel or +16 in middle or in very west/east side of map

And fix those green barrels :D
4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 12 Feb 2013, 01:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge

There was another version released - please try it out! If anyone's going to livestream it, let me know; I'd love to watch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★