Login

russian armor

Honest opinions about Balance - Soviet adv

PAGES (21)down
5 May 2014, 08:45 AM

Permanently Banned
I still cant believe germans now do not have a heavy infantry unit, this patch also went way too far in terms of buffs for russians. Lets be honest here. Decent russian players are steamrolling better skilled german players. The balance was changed too excessively and far too drastically.
5 May 2014, 09:02 AM

There's no way you dodged rifleman grenades if you can't dodge molotovs.

IMO the problem with any grenades or molotovs is that the warning comes too late. The warning sound comes when your guys are already in flames or the squad has 1-2 guys left after a grenade explosion. Dodge that when you are microing elsewhere.
5 May 2014, 09:09 AM

Some observations I've made in 2v2;

-handling conspam is extremely hard on maps like semoski or charkov because the amount of shot/sightblockers and cover that make it fairly easy to avoid and flank mg42s.

-since they changed the Pgrens, the jerries lack some proper closecombat infantry to flank and clear out weapon teams.

-t3>t4 panthers and brummbärs are not costeffective compared to stugs, ostwind and pIV and the Panzerwerfer takes forever to reload just to hit nothing when you finally fire (much like the Katusha).

-Soviet call ins are absolute beasts; having a Pak 43, Elefant or Swiger Ace is mandatory.
5 May 2014, 09:17 AM

Some observations I've made in 2v2;

-handling conspam is extremely hard on maps like semoski or charkov because the amount of shot/sightblockers and cover that make it fairly easy to avoid and flank mg42s.

Didn't find it very difficult to counter. Depending on what you are using. If one player uses AG and the other regular grenadiers and mgs I wouldn't place my bet on cons.

-since they changed the Pgrens, the jerries lack some proper closecombat infantry to flank and clear out weapon teams.

Sigh. So true. Fact is that "the jerries" have fewer infantry choices compared to soviets and the only reliable choice now (AG) have no AT capabilities whatsoever and are stuck in just one doctrine.

-t3>t4 panthers and brummbärs are not costeffective compared to stugs, ostwind and pIV and the Panzerwerfer takes forever to reload just to hit nothing when you finally fire (much like the Katusha).

No, WORST than Katiusha. Katiusha is still inflicting some damage.

-Soviet call ins are absolute beasts; having a Pak 43, Elefant or Swiger Ace is mandatory.

Yep. You can count Pak43 out, after its first shot it will be erased by: mortars, katiushas, artillery, precision strike, common infantry unstopable kamikaze attacks, sachels, and so on.

5 May 2014, 09:27 AM

Almost makes one wonder why it is top german players with long streaks and not soviets huh?
5 May 2014, 09:31 AM

I still cant believe germans now do not have a heavy infantry unit, this patch also went way too far in terms of buffs for russians. Lets be honest here. Decent russian players are steamrolling better skilled german players. The balance was changed too excessively and far too drastically.

There is nothing OP about Soviet Infantry. German Infantry are still quite decent vs Soviet Infantry. You are probably just another German Fanboy. Although I do agree the ISU is too strong atm.
5 May 2014, 10:09 AM

Almost makes one wonder why it is top german players with long streaks and not soviets huh?

This has confirmed exactly what I figured about you intelligence levels. You think the longest streaks determines which faction is superior, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I guess you're one of these guys that thinks that because more players play a particular faction it means they are OP.

5 May 2014, 11:34 AM

This has confirmed exactly what I figured about you intelligence levels. You think the longest streaks determines which faction is superior, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I guess you're one of these guys that thinks that because more players play a particular faction it means they are OP.

Instead of being a dick(I suppose you prefer to be ass judging from your avatar) you could pull your head out of your ass(now your avatar actually makes sense) and see that I'm pointing out what german exclusively players love-exaggerations without an end.

Anyway, from your posts you're just a sheep that follows the ones who scream the most so why should I care for what you say? You're not even trying to be constructive or provide any feedback, you don't even have your own opinion and instead of providing one, you prefer to go all out ad hominem.

And apparently for you, when factions are balanced(aka no german superiority) that automatically translates into "soviet op", which is exactly what we see from day 1 of this patch that brought factions to equal level.
I know you loved the last patch when the game was "balanced" for you, but that doesn't change the fact that you're here to scream and whine until germans will be op again.

Well, too bad for you, they won't be unless relic fucks up something again. Start enjoying equal games, they are here to stay.

I'm not going to get you out of the dark if you're not willing yourself. Players like you love to lie to themselves and deny reality.

Now, lets see how long it takes for the rest of the german only sheeps to start barking at me again.
5 May 2014, 11:53 AM

You idiot, Penals weren't always 270mp were they? The problem with said combo is that Ostheer do not have a reliable counter to such combo that doesnt require a little luck or a mistake from the Russian player.

Would you like PGrens in Tier 1 also?...
Pro tip:build one mg or two
5 May 2014, 11:57 AM

Ok, let me tell you something about balance.
Let's start from beggining.
Cons/Penals vs Grens.
Grens have grenade and faust for free (just jump to T1 for grenade).
Cons need upragde witch costs fuel!!
Penals have very powerful grenade but only noob player won't handle to run.
Grens have much better weapon than Penals and Cons. They can be upgraded with MG without doctrine.
Cons can get PPSH only from commander.
Penals can get flame.
What's the point? PPSH and falme work only in close-range. By the time they get close, MG will wipe them out.
T1,T2 vs T1
In 1v1 I go only for T2. Guys who lost with me call me MG noob (I don't think 3MGs is MGs spam) but what else I can do? Bring mortar od AT guns against grens? Or maybe cons (I don't like them) and see how they get ripped by MG? I would be very glad if I could get in T2 some nice inf with MG and AT gun as Germans.
Now we need to choose do we want MG, AT and mortar or go for clown and sniper (which push us for fast t34 cause we don't get any AT power).
Shocks vs Assault
Shock may be better but it's assault grens who enter battlefield at 0CP. Give us 0CP shock or Guards and we are fine.
Guards vs PGrens
First one doctrinal. If we won't choose them then we are left with very powerful AT nades (btw faust is free and almost always make engined damaged (even on heavy tanks), AT nades have to be bought and often it even make no dmg on Pz4...)
Without DP28 they are really shit. With they are medium long-range inf. 75uprade + 40 for blind ability. Their dmg to vehicles is a joke so the only use for them is to stick them close to t34/SU and blind every vehicles. PGrens are not doctrinal. Not bad vs inf and awesome vs tanks. They can bring down SU easliy. Hmmm wonder how Guards can destroy Stug or Pz4...
AI tanks
Best soviet AI tanks? ISU-152 and IS2. I can bring them whenever I want! Oh, wait... Those are doctrinal opposite to Brrumbar...
AT tanks/assault guns
T34 is still worst than Pz4 so don' cry.
Su-85? Quite good but need some backup to prevent flanking. That's all we have. What Germans have? Pz4. Great middle game units. Panther - unit which can be used in very late game against everything so in fact you don't need to choose commander with Tiger.
Soviets need to choose commander with (MEDIUM!! THIS SHOULDN'T BE DOCTRICNAL. LET'S MAKE PANTHER A DOCTRINAL UNIT ALSO!!!) T34/85, IS2, KV-2 or ISU-152. If you think that game can take some time you need those commander to counter Tiger or Panther. Germans can easlity counter IS2 by Panther so you're not bind to doctrin with Tiger.

Button is doctrinal so don't cry and use doctrinal counter (Pssst... it's a smoke if you don't know).
No heavy inf... For god sake... Give our guards schrecks!!
As I said, PZ4 is still best medium-game unit.
Yea, soviets tanks have great survability... Check some SU-85 or T34.
Elite troops useless? Dude... I beg you... Check this forum and you will see many threads about how this commander is OP...
Useless? Al right... I get it. It was just to "click" and attack from behind SUs and ZiSs.
Reduce sniper to 1? Ok but give me MG and AT gun in the same tier.
ISU-152 should be a beast ad deal with it. It's doctrinal unit so you have to counter it by other doctrinal abilities.
"enough advantage" - key words. There shouldn't be any adv! Faction should be equal.
Mines - sweepers. (Germans also can put mines)

Some of you may not agree with me but after 420h played by both factions I see some big
disproportion between soviets and nazis.

PS
I know it's a looong post and most of you will just skip it :D

Great summary, man!

Definitely Plus One!

I really hope all German players will read this to understand the potentials of their army.
5 May 2014, 12:11 PM

How about you watch a video of people that actually know how to play this game and base your opinion on this rather than trying to base it on your very own ideas and observations. I am not saying that's bad and you shouldn't do this but you need to be on certain level for your observation to be valid.
As you can notice after watching this majority of points presented her is BS that comes from inexperience and/ or the lack of skill and the truth is very different.

5 May 2014, 12:30 PM

Would you like PGrens in Tier 1 also?...
Pro tip:build one mg or two

Build and MG or two against Snipers, pro tip man, thanks heaps for sharing that one! Moron.
5 May 2014, 12:36 PM

Instead of being a dick(I suppose you prefer to be ass judging from your avatar) you could pull your head out of your ass(now your avatar actually makes sense) and see that I'm pointing out what german exclusively players love-exaggerations without an end.

Anyway, from your posts you're just a sheep that follows the ones who scream the most so why should I care for what you say? You're not even trying to be constructive or provide any feedback, you don't even have your own opinion and instead of providing one, you prefer to go all out ad hominem.

And apparently for you, when factions are balanced(aka no german superiority) that automatically translates into "soviet op", which is exactly what we see from day 1 of this patch that brought factions to equal level.
I know you loved the last patch when the game was "balanced" for you, but that doesn't change the fact that you're here to scream and whine until germans will be op again.

Well, too bad for you, they won't be unless relic fucks up something again. Start enjoying equal games, they are here to stay.

I'm not going to get you out of the dark if you're not willing yourself. Players like you love to lie to themselves and deny reality.

Now, lets see how long it takes for the rest of the german only sheeps to start barking at me again.

Go ahead make fun of my avatar, that's always a solid strategy when you know you having NOTHING. Just remember you are the one who came out with the hilarious argument that Germans are OP because the pro players have longer streaks with them. Then you tried to make out you said it sarcastic.

If you hadn't realised already, I am referring to 2v2 Russians and the Penals, Snipers, M3 and Guards Combo being stupidly hard to counter as Germans. This is the only balance gripe I have right now, everything is due to the shitty design of the factions and the game, which will never be fixed.
5 May 2014, 13:31 PM

You're the one who jumped on me you god damn hypocrite...

Also, the exact combo you are complaining about I have hardcountered recently as I play 2v2 mostly as well.

Get normal 3-4 grens, HMG42 get to T2 and get two scout cars. He will not have enough menpower for more then one guard squad and you will easily hunt down snipers, even if he buttons one AC there is still high chance it will survive if you move in with grens at the same time and focus guards.
5 May 2014, 13:36 PM
Patrion 14

For fucks sake. Greendevil, Katitof, would you stop arguing already? If you guys are going to make a sport of it to make each other feel butthurt with you comments, hire a fucking private chatroom and do it there. If you don't get along, suck it up and stop replying to each other. Do we seriously need to babysit the lot of you like a bunch of 4 year olds? Really?
5 May 2014, 13:38 PM

Didn't find it very difficult to counter. Depending on what you are using. If one player uses AG and the other regular grenadiers and mgs I wouldn't place my bet on cons.

Sigh. So true. Fact is that "the jerries" have fewer infantry choices compared to soviets and the only reliable choice now (AG) have no AT capabilities whatsoever and are stuck in just one doctrine.

No, WORST than Katiusha. Katiusha is still inflicting some damage.

Yep. You can count Pak43 out, after its first shot it will be erased by: mortars, katiushas, artillery, precision strike, common infantry unstopable kamikaze attacks, sachels, and so on.

I'm not reading this non sense.
Neo
5 May 2014, 14:03 PM

This thread is one whole big FailBoat full of FailFish.

The title is a bad start and it just goes downhill from there.

Genuine major balance issues right now:

1. ISU and Elephant too dominant in team games and even 1v1
2. Soviet mines wiping squads

Whichever faction I play with, I lose when I play worse than my opponent and win when I play better. That's balance.

Stop the QQ and L2P.
5 May 2014, 14:26 PM

germans lack non doctrinal close range units, soviets lack non doctrinal long range units.
5 May 2014, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 14:26 PMBurts
germans lack non doctrinal close range units, soviets lack non doctrinal long range units.

Pioneers and Panzer Grendiers to some extend.
5 May 2014, 18:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Well, you know the game is balanced when german fanboys like SSHeini starts complaining ;) Good job relic, really enjoy the game atm!!!
PAGES (21)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 66
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %