Login

russian armor

Essential German doctrines & why?

1 May 2014, 19:17 PM

Hi guys, i played CoH since first released, now i am new in CoH2, i dont like pay2win commanders logic, its kind of hunger for money..
So, i examine the pay2win commanders and i think some of them are necessary for good playing. Which commanders should be bought and essential, why?
1 May 2014, 19:34 PM

Welcome.

Pay2win is a stupid argument.
Elite & Industry are indeed pretty powerful doctrines, don't need to buy these.
1 May 2014, 19:39 PM

I wouldn't say there are any essential commanders, however, there are a few solid ones that you can buy if you want to optimize certain playstyles.

1: Spearhead. All the other abilities in this doctrine are good.
This commander comes with the Mortar Halftrack, a very nice peace of equipment to use against enemy support weapons and snipers. They have a distinct advantage over regular mortars in that they are not easily counter-barraged and can drop incendiary shells which can do terrible damage.
For the lategame you have the mighty tiger, recon runs, frag bombs that are great for clearing out AT guns and other support weapons, and of course the smoke dischargers which are never bad to have.

2: Mechanized assault doctrine. A bit less well rounded than spearhead, but it offers a very unique way of playing hyper aggressively with the Germans.

3: Joint operations doctrine. If you like defensive play, this is a nice doctrine to have for obvious reason.

1 May 2014, 22:24 PM

Mech assault is a nice one to have. Great early game use once you know how to use it.
6 May 2014, 13:33 PM

Pay 2 win is the right term for almost every new paid commander in the first month.

Do I need to remind you guys how is AG, Ost, Windustry and Acer ?
6 May 2014, 13:39 PM

ass grens were always super easy to counter.

There were only 2 really op doctrines.

Industry
Elite troops
Now they are fine.

Your fine with the standart commanders, you don't need to buy any of them.
9 May 2014, 22:53 PM

Firstly, thanks for everything for replying. Elite Troops looks like cool but in late game Russians have crowded inf, lots of tanks and ATs, I think Tiger Ace no chance, Machine is good at first 10 minutes of game but again in late game looks like no chance, most useful are spearhead and joint opp. in late game i think. Usually im good at first 20 min of the game with every commander againts Russians.. Any idea for being strong late game with doctrines?
9 May 2014, 23:00 PM

A tiger is pretty damn strong man, just make sure you support it :)
9 May 2014, 23:35 PM

Remember Jaeger armor doctrine. It must not lack in your arsenal. It counters Soviet T4/ISU152/IS2 (Elefant) and also Howitzers and some ZiS guns (Stuka 50kg bomb).
10 May 2014, 01:28 AM

Remember Jaeger armor doctrine. It must not lack in your arsenal. It counters Soviet T4/ISU152/IS2 (Elefant) and also Howitzers and some ZiS guns (Stuka 50kg bomb).

That commander is one of the standard commanders. The OP is asking about the payed content.
10 May 2014, 22:37 PM

I really like Lighting war for the G43's, Tactical movement and Tiger. I'm also starting to warm up to the 240Muni AT Strafe, been getting more and more use out of it lately.

I also like to have either fortified armor (Elefant + Hull down) Or Jaeger Armor (Elefant + spotting scopes)

Spearhead is also a solid Doctrine.
10 May 2014, 22:44 PM

That commander is one of the standard commanders. The OP is asking about the payed content.

Lol, later, we whine about p2w system....
10 May 2014, 23:23 PM

Lol, later, we whine about p2w system....

Hm that is true but if you just go off the Title it reads as if it covers all Doctrines, but the last line of the OP Then specifies Paid Commanders. ^^
12 May 2014, 08:21 AM

I think it's fair and relevant to state normal commanders which are well worth taking, as it helps decide if/which DLC is desired.

Personally 1v1 I don't like Elefants, as they are so slow, easily flanked and only AT and expensive. Tigers are more useful, more of the time.

1v1, Elite is still strong because of cheesey vet mortar/sniper/scout car.

12 May 2014, 08:34 AM

Spearhead is my favourite. MHT, Panzer Tactician, Recon Run, Fragmentation Bombs, Tiger. It has everything you need in a 1v1.
14 May 2014, 17:22 PM

Is joint operations a good doctrine for 1v1 i think it is but i am not a very skilled player for 1v1 its seems pretty micro intensive with officer and pak 43
15 May 2014, 04:29 AM
Patrion 15

This patch? Anything with a Tiger tbh. Sad but true, teching just isn't worth it. My favorite commander this patch is the ass gren commander. Having an anti-inf armor unit at 6 cps, even if its really squishy, is excellent, especially when its followed up with a tiger.

I also like any doctrine w/ spotting scopes, or the command tank.
15 May 2014, 08:42 AM

Joint operations is a good commander, but mainly because it gives you lots of options. Its a more rounded commander in team games as a support commander, but in 1v1 your unlikely to build both the Pak43 and a howie, although it is useful if you want to have either as a potential option without taking up two commander slots. They are both situational units, so having them squeezed into one doctrine ''just in case'' allows your other two to be more common doctrines.

If you dont find yourself ever building the howie, your better off with Festug Support if you want a pak43 doctrine.

15 May 2014, 12:58 PM

regarding the joint ops commander, what would be a good build order to be able to identify what to use be it the pak 43 or the howie. i guess thats the problem i have, i dont invest in much of any unit untill i try to figure out what is coming at me with the recon plane. but by then its to late.
18 May 2014, 22:07 PM

Pretty much any tiger commander is essential.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★