Login

russian armor

New Explosive Profiles and Their effects

1 May 2014, 11:55 AM

I have been messing around with things like Arty, Mines, Katushyas, and Precision strike as the Soviets this patch and have made some non scientific observations.

Soviet Standard Mines seem alot more lethal

Precision Strike seems borderline useless for the 82MM Mortar

Hits from Katushyas seem to be devistating I have dished out multiple squad whipes per barrage (if it ACTUALLY hits and its not stuck on cool down boy does that 10 seconds make a diff)

Precision strike with the Katushya either I am unlucky as hell or its wonky. Regular Kat hits seem to wreck squads but Prec Strike seems to ummm kill maybe 2-3 of a support team?

I dont seem to notice a change with the B3 howi.

I havent tried the ML20 or any of the German indirect fire outside the 81MM and mortar HT which I dont notice much of a change they are as deadly as ever.

Does anyone know exactly what these changes were? And if they were say applied to everything or somethings were missed? Are they supposed to say perform like the Soviet mine or is the Soviet mine supposed to perform like Precision strike? Something seems off and inconsistent as if either something got overbuffed in this change or the buff wasnt applied to everything equally.

Edit: Sorry not buff CHANGE. It wasnt a Buff I guess?

2 May 2014, 13:23 PM

" Precision Strike seems borderline useless for the 82MM Mortar ".

Confirm. My mate was a heavy support player but his precision strike doesn't seem to hit for shit.
2 May 2014, 13:35 PM
Donator 22

Nebel seems to be a little weaker on wiping squads I feel
2 May 2014, 14:07 PM

Precision Strike seems borderline useless for the 82MM Mortar

You're freaking kidding right? 82mm precision strike gives you absolute mortar dominance over german 81mm.

I only use mortars on certain maps and situations as Soviets. I see the 82mm mortar as a measure to counter german mortars so I can hold my position. German mortar auto barrage is more accurate faster and so german mortar is therefore much more useful vs regular infantry/MG units. But the soviet mortar dominates the german mortar in duels, even at vet0, at vet1 it's not even a contest.

2 May 2014, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you are going to use PS to counter mortar, be sure of a couple of things:

-3 models are hugging up
-There are just 3 models left.

Most of the time you will just kill 2 guys as the german crew tend to spread. So you just need to check (same way when you are using Rnade) how the enemy is positioned.
Same applies with Paks or Mgs.

Anyway, using it to hit a capping unit (most if all just cap still) and then quickly attacking is a good way of wiping squads.
2 May 2014, 19:55 PM

Precision Strike is definitely off. Sometimes it does no damage at all
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
unknown 25
United States 11
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W