Login

russian armor

M3 opening aka "jeep rush"

29 Apr 2014, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Did somebody tried starting with M3 then immediately go and harass the enemy pio? If the pio come closer , can kill the M3(lol), but at max range, i think the M3 rush could be pretty usefull. The enemy pio could only capture max 1 point before retreating.

I tried Cons M3 start then molotov, put the cons into m3, go and kill the pio, then kill the first 1 or 2 grenadiers while they dont have 25(?) ammo for faust. ( or go to the enemy base and wait the next t1 unit)

Thoughs?
29 Apr 2014, 17:56 PM

Seems kind of risky, if that Gren squad gets a faust off at all you've blown the car and probably will have to retreat the cons. And because they can't repair the car it's most likely forfeited.

Someone with better micro than me could probably make this work, but I'd be too paranoid of losing the car and then being behind the eight ball the rest of the match.
29 Apr 2014, 19:47 PM

Would be interesting if u can make it work, but it's not going to be able to jeep push to prevent a cap like the coh1 jeep. And if it gets close the gun does not fire propperly. Generally doesn't not micro as cleanly as the USA jeep.. So yeah maybe more risky.
29 Apr 2014, 22:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Not quite the same idea, but I'm going T1 and Scout Car first a lot on Rostov these days.

That tends to be an early rush to get position into the town and sending one of these to the enemies routes tends to make them stop moving in order to fight you and that early delay can give you a crucial advantage

Penal follow up is excellent for blowing up bridges (if you have the South start) or MG42 squads inside buildings

30 Apr 2014, 06:10 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i like its ballsy we need more of that. :D
30 Apr 2014, 09:20 AM

The problem is it's all fine and dandy until SC's crazy AI kicks in and it runs around or gets stuck, like in Semoisky.
3 May 2014, 14:09 PM

The problem is it's all fine and dandy until SC's crazy AI kicks in and it runs around or gets stuck, like in Semoisky.

There are maps where it works better than on others. Semoskiy isn't a particularly good map for this IMO, unless you focus the west fuel and don't over commit in the middle.
6 May 2014, 14:03 PM

Langreskaya also have this syndrome in the middle, I swear micro this thing is 10x harder than the old bike push in vCOH.
7 May 2014, 15:10 PM

With the recent patch, a successful start for this build is engineers, M3, Penals, M3. You have the first engineer squad get in the M3 and harass a unit right off the bat to keep the Ostheer player on the back foot rather than just keep taking the few territory you have. That is the down side to the M3s start is that you trade off higher combat efficiency (after all, you will drain MP while not loosing any because repairs are free) for the inability to take territory as effective. The more you sit on your thumbs taking territory with the few units you have means more time for the Ostheer player to get a bunch of grens and tech up to get an armored car. Also like other players have said, this strat does not really work well on cluttered maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★