Login

russian armor

While We Wait

7 Feb 2013, 16:40 PM
7 Feb 2013, 16:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Totally uncalled for. :P

Who is "Koch Media"?

'Koch Media is a leading, independent producer and marketer of digital entertainment products and accessories in Europe and North America. Its business areas include distribution of media products, including movies, videogames and software products, and games publishing under the Deep Silver label.'
7 Feb 2013, 18:57 PM

Arma 2 is amazing, if only they had better presentation and quality control (most of the improvements are by the community, for the community, with great support form the devs). Arma 3 doesn't look superior, except in graphics, but I am hoping DayZ brings more fandom to the genre, and BIS.

Im playing:

DOTA 2 (got several beta keys, if you guys want some)
Natural Selection 2
Arma 2 CO

Biggest disappointment is, without a doubt, Diablo 3.
Biggest surprise: Dishonoured. Too linear for my tastes, but if they did it in the style of Elder Scrolls, the universe is amazing and full of potential.
9 Feb 2013, 15:51 PM

What I play most outside of CoH:
Kerbal space program, make a spaceship/spaceplane, no missions just do what you want with what you have in a solar system.

Victoria II, a grand strategy game, choose any country in the world, and rule it from1836 to 1936, let the South states win the civil war, make Germany a great colony power...

Faster than light (FTL), fun rouge-like game, short and hard with very high replay value. Spaceship you must take from point A to point B but with a unique experience every time.

Best game... I'd say my greatest enjoyment was the episodic game The walking dead, great game that I really sunk into.

Worst game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown, I like to play it from time to time because of how it is squad based, that optimally everyone have one unique role. But there are tonnes of bugs and I find it very unbalanced and repeptive (No such thing as randomized enviromnents as they claim).

What I had hoped for was squad play as in Silent Storm, a great game with a few years on its back but great fun.
9 Feb 2013, 20:22 PM

Pronounced C-aw-k Media xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oCh5dJ3GeaA

actually, it's not: hit "listen to".

you just can't pronounce it properly :-P
9 Feb 2013, 20:47 PM

I don't know if I'm waiting for COH2 or the stand alone of DAYZ :/
10 Feb 2013, 01:15 AM

That stand alone game of DayZ is it called WarZ? If so, I heard this game WarZ is utter crap from a lot of people.
10 Feb 2013, 01:44 AM

WarZ != DayZ...

WarZ is a DayZ clone, that simply beat DayZ to release...

doesn't mean that the DayZ final will not be riddled with cheaters either, once it's released ;-)
10 Feb 2013, 03:01 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

actually, it's not: hit "listen to".

you just can't pronounce it properly :-P

My sarcasm just went over your helmet.
Moy
11 Feb 2013, 10:50 AM

I'm the midst of testing xcom enemy unknown.
Got tried of borderlands 2, as it was just a new story for the old game.
Diablo 3 was a big let down. But then again I haven't played the first or second so.
I like Path of Exile but I've gotten stuck as it seems to repeat it self.
Was about to buy BO2 gotten all of the previous from MW1 and up. But metacritic convinced me otherwise. Anyone able to tell me about it?
11 Feb 2013, 15:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2013, 01:44 AMcr4wler
WarZ != DayZ...

WarZ is a DayZ clone, that simply beat DayZ to release...

doesn't mean that the DayZ final will not be riddled with cheaters either, once it's released ;-)

The fact that War Z was announced AFTER Day Z went massively popular, and released beforehand with THAT many flaws, indicates it was trying to climb on the DayZ bandwagon :)

People seem to think that because DayZ will become standalone, that it will be "so much better". It will open the doors to revenue so they can improve it, but it will still consist of development by BIS staff. Graphics won't change, engine wont change. It will come with all the inherent weaknesses of the Arma engine... and its strengths.
11 Feb 2013, 15:36 PM

Spec ops:The line was amazing. :)
16 Feb 2013, 05:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2013, 15:22 PMRa11
FarCry 3 really worth to buy??

I purchased Far Cry 3 a while back and got totally sucked into it. I don't usually buy games close to their release, and honestly I hardly game at all these days. But I've been getting back into it and after watching the first 10 to 15 minutes of an FC3 LP, I decided to fork over some dollars. It probably helped that the game was on sale at the time too.

I feel like I completely got my money's worth. It's what Far Cry 2 should've been. Not perfect, but a much better step in the right direction. It's a good mix of FPS-RPG play with a fairly unique and interesting story behind it.

RPG-wise, it's quite a bit of fun to upgrade your gear so you can hold more ammo, rockets, med-syringes, etc. The "side quests" are a bit repetitive, but they don't detract from the overall game and aren't really necessary to do. It's a little too black-and-white sometimes - for example (and Rogers pointed this out to me), when you clear a hostile base in order for your side to use it as a base, and you to use it as a save location/quick travel point, the enemies that otherwise patrol and drive around the area are suddenly absent. You can basically expect no jeep ambushes while running around that particular area anymore.

I didn't care about this too much because I thought it was a very annoying problem in FC2 where you'd be driving around and suddenly be lit up buy a recently spawned tactical full of bad guys. It felt, to me, that your actions had little to no impact in the virtual world, whereas in FC3 the lack of hostile encounters around a friendly base feels like you actually had an impact. But, like I said, it's a bit too black-and-white and sort of feels like the devs went just a little too far to correct the issue from FC2. That being said, it didn't take much away from the game for me at all.

Gameplay-wise, it's surprisingly varied. There are these "signature" weapons if you're the type that loves having an unfair/OP advantage over the computer. I like it every now and then, especially when I get completely owned while trying to take a base from the pirates or mercs. But you can simply use the weapons you earn, customize them a bit and go to town. You can do everything from equipping a rocket launcher, a grenade launcher, a .50 caliber sniper rifle and a Desert Eagle/.44 Magnum revolver and just announce to the world that you're laying waste to their shit... or you can grab a bow, a silenced pistol, a silenced MP5, and even a silenced .50 cal sniper rifle (which can, admittedly, be immersive breaking for some), and be mister stealth. Take out their alarm boxes, knife bitches and drag them away, snipe the dudes in the watchtower before they get a bead on you, and arrow Mister Suspicious creeping around your body-dump site.

All in all, it's highly enjoyable and definitely re-playable. The story and characters are interesting and unique in the current gaming industry and it was, for me, very immersive.

That being said, I'm currently playing Civilization V from time to time. It's very fun if you're into long strategies, but the payoff is very time consuming for larger games.

Also jamming Dead Space as I bought it on sale a while back and it's pretty good so far, especially for $5.
16 Feb 2013, 08:21 AM

Been having internet issues lately, so sometimes I jump on my xbox and play Fallout 3. Havn't played it ages but its actually pretty fun. Basically have a guy that looks like Duke Nukem and I am only allowed to use melee, shotgun and pistol MVGame
Hux
16 Feb 2013, 16:21 PM
Patrion 14

Sniper Elite V2. Baked.

Provides a nice timeline transition: end of WW2: Germany.

Being able to shoot people in the testicles and watch them explode. Best addition to gaming since the RTS IMO
17 Feb 2013, 08:57 AM

.Dishonored (One of the best games I have played in decades)
.Max Payne 3 (A fantastic 3rd person shooter with a great story, great follow up to one of my favorite franchises)
.Spec Ops:The Line (Fantastic story!)
.Skyrim(Mods really made this game something very special. Fantastic Open world game)
.Hitman Absolution (While not as good as Bloodmoney to be sure, it is a good game, it is a faithful hitman adaption. I am thoroughly enjoying it.)
.Civilization V (What a game, an incredible turn based civ builder. This game will absorb your soul, pick it up!)
.Men of War Assault Squad (Great world war II RTS, one of the most detailed and interested games I have ever played)
18 Feb 2013, 17:39 PM

Modding and playing Skyrim
Modding and playing Shogun 2
Faster than Light
Dota 2

And I picked up Endless Space, it doesn't have much replayability but even 2 games is like 30+ hours and quite entertaining. Was worth the $15.
18 Feb 2013, 18:12 PM

Anno 2070
Guild Wars 2
WoT

Hopefully SimiCity in march :)
19 Feb 2013, 08:15 AM

Anno 2070 is great game , i hope they still make more Anno games. What games are you guys waiting in 2013 ? Some big names (other than coh2)? I think new simcity, new command & conquer will be worth to check out atleast...
20 Feb 2013, 07:31 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

minecraft... minecraft... minecraft.

As soon as we get the clan system/clan forums installed here, I think Lynskey and I will spam screenshots of our adventures and creations in the Reborn minecraft server.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★