Login

russian armor

soviet mines - squad wipes

28 Apr 2014, 20:50 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I agree with the point here but I think it's broader than just mines. Squad wipes are just too prevalent all around. I remember back in beta when the mortar used to wipe squads all the time, and they nerfed it (overnerfed it at first), why not do the same here?

Agreed the squad wiping potential should be equal for both sides. I think that was brought up in another thread so I won't repeat myself again.
28 Apr 2014, 21:17 PM
Patrion 14

German smines don't wipe squads after one explosion. You have a chance to retreat.

s mines can wipe squads with one bang if units are clustered. just like what happens when sov mine wipes squads
28 Apr 2014, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 16:16 PMpagodas
Had last match at least 4-5 squad wipes - also full health ones. I noted that since last patch (Elbe)
those seem to be more frequent now. Any one else noted this issue?

squad wipes is the smallest problem of this patch
28 Apr 2014, 23:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I have yet to see a single S mine kill a full health squad.
28 Apr 2014, 23:25 PM

Its not a single s mine, its the infantry that continue to march into the minefield and trigger 1-2 more that cause the squad wipe. Pretty unreasonable to think anyone can react consistently before the second mine is triggered.

Otherwise, I haven't noticed full squad wipes on full health squads becoming more frequent. 3/4 is a regular occurance though.
28 Apr 2014, 23:44 PM

How do those smaller anti-infantry mines work post patch for the Soviets?
29 Apr 2014, 01:57 AM
Donator 11

makes you wonder how much work relic actually put in multiplayer, it seems like some intern did it in a weekend. Why did they fuck up how mines should work? vcoh had it perfect, why did they fuck up mortar? why did they fuck up so much when they could easily have copied the same GAME MECHANICS from vcoh? Not to mention some core units are almost useless while some very important units are locked behind commanders.

It seems PQ is in charge of balance now but whoever was before him had no clue what they were doing.
29 Apr 2014, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 01:57 AMspajn
makes you wonder how much work relic actually put in multiplayer, it seems like some intern did it in a weekend. Why did they fuck up how mines should work? vcoh had it perfect, why did they fuck up mortar? why did they fuck up so much when they could easily have copied the same GAME MECHANICS from vcoh? Not to mention some core units are almost useless while some very important units are locked behind commanders.

Dude, it's not vCoh2, it's COH2.
Go play vcoh if you want these mechanics.

Ontopic;

The squad wipe potential is too high for it's cost. The mines are too powerful.
29 Apr 2014, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 23:44 PMNapalm
How do those smaller anti-infantry mines work post patch for the Soviets?

These of 7muni's?
Curious about that too.
29 Apr 2014, 10:42 AM

Agreed, soviet mines need a serious look at. Wiping one squad at the start of the game for 30 munis is incredibly influential on the game. Mines need to less damage to infantry imo so they don't have the potential to wipe entire full health squads.

then we need s-mines base build not commander and wait t-mines can f*** up ur tank
29 Apr 2014, 11:04 AM
Donator 11

Ontopic;

The squad wipe potential is too high for it's cost. The mines are too powerful.

lol i knew someone would say that. If they wanted to make a game completly different than vcoh they should not use "kinda the same mechanics, but completly broken". Is that whats make a good sequal to you? the same unit, almost works the same way.. but totally broken?

Thats like making the mg42 work as it does now but kill a entire squad in the first burst, if someone complains? tell them to go play vcoh because this isnt vcoh2.
29 Apr 2014, 11:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 11:04 AMspajn

lol i knew someone would say that. If they wanted to make a game completly different than vcoh they should not use "kinda the same mechanics, but completly broken". Is that whats make a good sequal to you? the same unit, almost works the same way.. but totally broken?

Thats like making the mg42 work as it does now but kill a entire squad in the first burst, if someone complains? tell them to go play vcoh because this isnt vcoh2.

You are not only talking about the mines, but also mortar and stuff.
29 Apr 2014, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2014, 11:04 AMspajn

Well, if there are still people so delusional that they expect the same balance in two different games, then it is their own fault for being stuck so behind that they aren't even trying to adapt to new game and prise old one, wearing their favorite pink glasses.

Because something in two games is named exactly the same, it doesn't mean it will work the same way.

And between vcoh and coh2 thats pretty much.... EVERYTHING.

Play vCoH if you like vCoH or adapt to new mechanics in CoH2.
29 Apr 2014, 13:39 PM
Donator 11

You are not only talking about the mines, but also mortar and stuff.

well yeah i meant how mortars was at release, any model inside the explosion effect was gibbed. You could insta kill a gren squad with 1 mortar shell.. you didnt even need the 120mm
Vaz
1 May 2014, 08:28 AM

They need to tweak the accuracy values for the explosions and if they haven't already, think about having the mines lerp, which has proven to be a better mechanic than the simple near/far system. They are too cheap to be taking out full health squads, that is annoying. I have no problem with them taking out injured squads though. I really want them to have the pinning effect they used to have, this made them effective for dealing with blobs.

I agree with the thing about s-mines, if they added pin, the infantry wouldn't trample all over them before you can react (granted the player missed the skull and crossbones signs).

I too have seen a lot of squad wipes with the new AOE, it's very punishing. I mostly notice it with infantry that come into range of Tigers. They are so powerful now.
2 May 2014, 11:53 AM

Soviet mines are too strong right now. Tbh, I cannot believe, this is intended.
Minesweepers are a must right now but you cannot build 3 to 4 pios just to avoid wipes on all of your squads roaming the map.
2 May 2014, 12:35 PM

Right... Ghostbusters 2, the sequel to Ghostbusters 1, was only named like it's predecessor. The main plot was about 2 Elephants that could not find their way home after a long and hard night of drinking at some Tiki bar downtown.

It wasn't called VCOH1. It was called COMPANY OF HEROES. This is called COMPANY OF HEROES 2. So yes, people may compare it to the predecessor if they like. What's up with bashing on people comparing similar game mechanics to COH1 like it was some kind of shit game everybody hated?

I say make soviet mines cost 60 munitions and place 4 little signs around them. Then they may wipe as many squads that manage to walk over them, and blow up a freaking tiger for all I care...

Seriously though, 30 munitions for an allround mine is just way to cheap for what it does, just like S-Mines build way to fast.
2 May 2014, 16:14 PM
Patrion 310

Right... Ghostbusters 2, the sequel to Ghostbusters 1, was only named like it's predecessor. The main plot was about 2 Elephants that could not find their way home after a long and hard night of drinking at some Tiki bar downtown.

It wasn't called VCOH1. It was called COMPANY OF HEROES. This is called COMPANY OF HEROES 2. So yes, people may compare it to the predecessor if they like. What's up with bashing on people comparing similar game mechanics to COH1 like it was some kind of shit game everybody hated?

I say make soviet mines cost 60 munitions and place 4 little signs around them. Then they may wipe as many squads that manage to walk over them, and blow up a freaking tiger for all I care...

Seriously though, 30 munitions for an allround mine is just way to cheap for what it does, just like S-Mines build way to fast.

get a mine sweeper.
2 May 2014, 19:33 PM

get a mine sweeper.

Wow! After almost a year of CoH2, somebody finally found out what to do about mines!
2 May 2014, 19:58 PM

Mines should be deadly, considering how simple they are to neutralize and turn into a waste of munitions for the player who laid them. Soviet mines will wipe a squad if they're unlucky and clumped up. S-mines will do the same, but can also cause wipes on any unit not actively being micro'd, which occurs much more frequently.

I've suffered 2 or 3 wayward squad wipes to soviet mines. I usually get 2 pioneers always get a fairly early mine sweeper, but if I was actually losing games to this or thought it was a major problem, I could just get the mine sweeper a little sooner and perhaps on both pio's (1 for capping 1 for covering my forces). NBD.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★