Login

russian armor

Ways to play '' Lend Lease''

4 May 2014, 09:10 AM

It may just be my bad play style, but I feel it's tricky to go T4 and shermans. I'd rather just spam shermans, but then fuel is a waste, and Dshka is a waste because I go T2.

So for me in 1v1 I may as well just go 34/85s. For 2v2 it's really good with T4.
6 May 2014, 05:33 AM

I've been doing T1-Con-M3-Con-Con-Con-Hospital-AT Nades-T2-ZiS-M5-Shermans to pretty good effect. The scout car is very good this patch if you can keep it from getting caught on obstacles.
6 May 2014, 10:46 AM

Ive been thinking about T1+2 soviets quite a bit, giving early aggresiveness, followed by T2 stability.

I know a SC paired with the engie can be really good, Just seems like a lot to build T1 just for one SC?

Also in that build, you dont need the fuel ability or the Dshka.

So may as well do the same with either guard motor, or if you dont need guards, use Armoured Assault..
7 May 2014, 09:32 AM

Ive been thinking about T1+2 soviets quite a bit, giving early aggresiveness, followed by T2 stability.

I know a SC paired with the engie can be really good, Just seems like a lot to build T1 just for one SC?

So may as well do the same with either guard motor, or if you dont need guards, use Armoured Assault..

It may seem like it's a lot to get t1 just for M3, but I really think the early M3 is worth it in this patch. It can kill grenadiers pretty quick if you keep it at range. And pios can't do shit to it. Once you get a flamethrower you can start wiping retreating squads like it's nothing.

Additionally, you get a lot of intangible value by forcing them to turtle up or travel in groups. Against early M3 you can't send your pios out to cap alone, which allows cons to swarm the map and get great map control. This effect is increased if you can get an early squad wipe so they can't contest it. I personally think if you use it right you can cause enough mp bleed and prevent enough capping to make it pay off for itself and the T1 building.

And you're right, Armored Assault is probably better for T1+T2, but I don't own that commander unfortunately. Plus, I personally prefer the Sherman over the 85 for it's better anti-infantry if you have the option for ZiS against heavy armor.
And I hate Guards. They always seem to underperform when I use them, and you don't really need them when 2 at nades can kill a 222.
9 May 2014, 07:25 AM

If you go T1-T2 you better pray they don't go Ostwind.
28 May 2014, 17:18 PM
Patrion 27

It may seem like it's a lot to get t1 just for M3, but I really think the early M3 is worth it in this patch. It can kill grenadiers pretty quick if you keep it at range. And pios can't do shit to it. Once you get a flamethrower you can start wiping retreating squads like it's nothing.

Additionally, you get a lot of intangible value by forcing them to turtle up or travel in groups. Against early M3 you can't send your pios out to cap alone, which allows cons to swarm the map and get great map control. This effect is increased if you can get an early squad wipe so they can't contest it. I personally think if you use it right you can cause enough mp bleed and prevent enough capping to make it pay off for itself and the T1 building.

And you're right, Armored Assault is probably better for T1+T2, but I don't own that commander unfortunately. Plus, I personally prefer the Sherman over the 85 for it's better anti-infantry if you have the option for ZiS against heavy armor.
And I hate Guards. They always seem to underperform when I use them, and you don't really need them when 2 at nades can kill a 222.

Having tier one around also means you can call in Penals or Snipers for a bit more killing power later in the game if you lose some Conscripts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★