Login

russian armor

puma without main gun upgrade

27 Apr 2014, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned
can we get it like in CoH1, so it would be good against infantry? And those who need the upgraded gun could buy it for ammo? I just dont see to worth calling in, because of CoH1 experience,but I admit it is better than the Blitzkrieg doctrine atm.
27 Apr 2014, 15:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

im sure it will be present in the western front.
27 Apr 2014, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2014, 15:31 PMSpanky
im sure it will be present in the western front.

+1
27 Apr 2014, 16:00 PM

What´s the big deal with pumas now? Germans get this and Soviets the Ace Sherman? To think that Soviets at the time use to call it "a bed of honor [grave] for six men". In the West it was call the "Tommy cooker".
28 Apr 2014, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2014, 16:00 PMRugal
What´s the big deal with pumas now? Germans get this and Soviets the Ace Sherman? To think that Soviets at the time use to call it "a bed of honor [grave] for six men". In the West it was call the "Tommy cooker".

The M3 Lee was called the grave for six men. But then, everybody disliked the Lee despite it being a solid tank for the year it was developed.

The soviets actually loved the Sherman. Admittedly part of that was because it was much more pleasant to work in than a T34.

Ironically, most Shermans used wet ammo rack technology and where noted by Soviets to be much more resistant to catching fire and exploding magazines than the T34. The Sherman got a bad reputation for burning simply because they were being hit by some ridiculous high velocity german cannons.

http://english.iremember.ru/tankers.html
One of these accounts was from a Soviet sherman tanker, but I forget which.
28 Apr 2014, 01:03 AM

Loza (the tanker at the very end) was a Sherman 76 tanker. The lend lease shermans and halftracks actually fully outfitted the elite 1st Guards Mechanized Corps.

Loza also wrote a book about his experience (he won hero of the soviet union). It's called 'With the Red Army's Shermans' or something like that.
28 Apr 2014, 05:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2014, 00:42 AMHambone

The soviets actually loved the Sherman. Admittedly part of that was because it was much more pleasant to work in than a T34.

People underestimate things like ergonomics, layout and radios.

If you just look at the triad of Armour/Gun/Mobility you don't get the whole picture.
28 Apr 2014, 05:54 AM

More on the topic I don't think the Puma should start with the 2 cm, unless the upgrade is fairly expensive. Maybe a global upgrade from the tier building like for Shermans in vCoh. Having a vehicle that can destroy infantry early game and tanks late game sounds like a panzergrenadier squad on wheels, something I don't think is a good call. I'd rather have it remain a strictly anti-tank vehicle and have the Luchs be the anti-infantry tank for OKW.

But we'll see, no sense speculating on stuff we know nothing about.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak