Login

russian armor

ISU-152

• This thread is locked
PAGES (35)down
26 Apr 2014, 11:10 AM

Just played one game versus it. I don´t see any nerf to its anti infantry potential at all. Two of my PG squads were one-shot-killed.

Right now it seems that you have to choose the Elefant every game or die. And that´s boring.
26 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM
Patrion 310

What about using smoke from mortar to hide an assault
26 Apr 2014, 11:37 AM

Just played one game versus it. I don´t see any nerf to its anti infantry potential at all. Two of my PG squads were one-shot-killed.

Right now it seems that you have to choose the Elefant every game or die. And that´s boring.

Its AI was buffed, so why do you talk about not seeing a nerf to it?
26 Apr 2014, 11:49 AM

Ahhh, let the german fanboy whining begin! German players must understand that they have to adapt and flank now, this was told everyone complaining about last patch balance, so I will tell this now, too :) ;). You can easily destroy the ISU with an elefant... Sovjets will have many problems countering your Elefant.

1º- Watches a whining post about Soviet unit being too powerful
2º- The opening post player plays two factions?
- If No, tell him he is german fanboy
- If Yes, tell him he is german fanboy anyways. It will make you look skilled and smart.
26 Apr 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 11:37 AMKatitof

Its AI was buffed, so why do you talk about not seeing a nerf to it?
Because it was quite agreed on that there were too many quad wipes and this caused problems. WHy would anybody buff its anti infantry even further. Also if it´s anti tank performance is buffed, then there´s no way the anti infantry should be also buffed - you know, exactly the reason, why German tanks don´t have their superior range for example: Balance.

If it´s so good versus tanks and infantry now with squad wipings everywhere, I don´t see a reason why it´s reload shouldn´t be increased drastically.

Right now it´s totally retarded.
Neo
26 Apr 2014, 12:09 PM

I am by no means a German fanboy but I think the AI on this unit needs to be toned down quite a bit.

26 Apr 2014, 12:12 PM

Umm, you sure you played this patch?

Almost all tanks mow infantry effortlessly, its much easier to loose it then before the patch, short barreled stugs can wipe squads with dead on accuracy and rapid rof, ISU is just icing on the cake.

Moreover(because it also needs to be said) now there is no chance at all to survive being in front of ele with armor, so its not like germans can't inflict huge losses in short time.

Have you seen what brummbar does now? This thing murders all infantry as well, effortlessly decrewes AT guns and fights tanks as well. Its basically mini ISU which arrives 10 minutes earlier.

ISU will be seen only in longest game and by the time it arrives you should have a wide array of counters to it already. It was buffed, but its still far from invincible, 2 panthers will make a short work of it, even if its backed by AT guns, unless you have a huge wall of them.
26 Apr 2014, 12:22 PM

Everyone talks about flanking. There is no fucking flanking in everything above 1v1.
There are mines everywhere, there are guards or conscripts everywhere. Sometimes there are even AT-guns everywhere.

Clear the infantry and mines? Well, try that with an ISU that wipes your squads meanwhile.
26 Apr 2014, 12:37 PM
Patrion 14

I just played a game last night (the game to take me to exactly equal soviet and ostheer # of games played) where I dominated most of the early and middle. At one point, after destroying his T34s, I had an Ostwind, a Stug, and two Panzer IVs, with plentiful infantry support and a Pak.

Then the ISU came on the field, one-shotted my 90% health Stug, one-shotted my 90% health Ostwind, one-shotted two or three of my infantry squads. I tried to advance for a flank, but a) it was Minsk, b) the central VP was in range from just outside his base, and c) he had a Zis and supporting infantry got off an AT nade on my flanking P4. So then he two-shotted my P4, one-shotted my Pak, GG. (Well crappy G but whatever).

Admittedly, I am a mid-tier player, I do not have the best micro and I discovered too late that I had allowed him to build fuel caches on his few remaining strat points. But sorry, there is no way you can consider the ISU-152 to be balanced. It can barrage from halfway across most 1v1 maps, it one-shots or two-shots infantry AND medium armor (no other unit in the game, not even the ridiculous initially OP Tiger Ace, did that), and it has an obscene amount of health.
26 Apr 2014, 12:43 PM

It seems that we have a soviet overbuff and german overnerf at hand. :D
26 Apr 2014, 12:48 PM
Patrion 14

It seems that we have a soviet overbuff and german overnerf at hand. :D

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but it does feel like T34s overperform vs. infantry for cost, PGrens underperform for cost, and the ISU situation is not OK. That said balance is on the whole pretty good, certainly much better than last patch.
26 Apr 2014, 12:50 PM

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but it does feel like T34s overperform vs. infantry for cost, PGrens underperform for cost, and the ISU situation is not OK. That said balance is on the whole pretty good, certainly much better than last patch.

Yes, the situation is much better than in the last patch.
26 Apr 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 12:12 PMKatitof
Umm, you sure you played this patch?

ISU will be seen only in longest game and by the time it arrives you should have a wide array of counters to it already. It was buffed, but its still far from invincible, 2 panthers will make a short work of it.
Noticed something? 2 Panthers is 350 fuel now. That´s not cost effective. In fact there is no cost effective counter versus it. At guns and PG´s will get wiped. Panthers don´t work very well and will go down quite fast now. And god forbid you went T3 as Germans. StuGs get almost oneshot killed and Panzer IV isn´t effective either. Blitz is useless now.

Options now: Elefant or "GG".
26 Apr 2014, 12:56 PM

Permanently Banned
elefant is still a 99 % winrate for germans, at least for me.
Neo
26 Apr 2014, 12:58 PM

I think there are 1-2 units that are overperforming now but the balance overall is much better.

Katitof is right that most armor is far more lethal vs. infantry now. I mean Tigers rip that shit right up as well.

The issue with the ISU is that it has a lethal combination of long range, long sight, AI, AT and high DPS.
26 Apr 2014, 13:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 12:56 PMakosi
elefant is still a 99 % winrate for germans, at least for me.

When was the last time you saw an elefant 1-shot a Zis? Or even *hit* an infantry squad?

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 12:58 PMNeo
The issue with the ISU is that it has a lethal combination of long range, long sight, AI, AT and high DPS.

Exactly.
26 Apr 2014, 13:03 PM

Permanently Banned

When was the last time you saw an elefant 1-shot a Zis? Or even *hit* an infantry squad?

Exactly.

elefant will kill the tanks, while your tanks will kill their infatry . gg wp :P
26 Apr 2014, 13:09 PM

Now ISU is what it should be from beggining. Great armor, better against tanks. One word - BEAST!
Complaing about how ISU is OP in 3...2...1...
Now soviets have really good late-game AT unit, so like someone before me said, adapt to this situation!
We all know that people playing as germans wish to fight against SU-85, T34-85 in late-game using theirs Tigers, Panthers, Elephants. Now when ISU can counter those units they are complaing that it shouldnt be good AI and AT at the same time. You had late-game addvantage since release, so now lets gove soviets some fun. We know you what to keep things easy (Panthers spam, Tigers+PGrens = end game) but now you have to think and try to flank rather than going straight ahead.
Yesterday I had epic battle. 4v4 (4 germans from the same clan). After 40min it became haevy units battle. Tigers+Elephants+Panters vs Shermans+Sus85+my ISUs. I lost 5 of them but still killed 1 elephant, 5 panthers, 4 tigers and countless inf! At last we have something we can use against those germans haevy vehicles.
Before patch it was hard to make a scratch on Tiger. Now germans will think twice before attack.

PS
When you were using Panthers, it was alright to spam them (winning, right?) Now when Soviets have something really good it's bad because you cant simply spam panthers and smash everything :)
26 Apr 2014, 13:09 PM

Noticed something? 2 Panthers is 350 fuel now. That´s not cost effective. In fact there is no cost effective counter versus it. At guns and PG´s will get wiped. Panthers don´t work very well and will go down quite fast now. And god forbid you went T3 as Germans. StuGs get almost oneshot killed and Panzer IV isn´t effective either. Blitz is useless now.

Options now: Elefant or "GG".

Sorry, habit.

I meant PUMAs.
Will take some time to stop confusing the two black kittens.
26 Apr 2014, 13:11 PM

Lmao use the goddamn Elefant HEAVY TANK DESTROYER, now it has Hold Fire so its even easier. Believe, I have been using it for a looong loooong time months ago, and it was more dificult to use because it kept shooting at infantry so it had to reload to fight tanks(ridiculous).
But now that Hold Fire is present, you should have 0 problem at taking out an ISU152 in 4-5 Shots (it was 3-4 shots before this patch).
Just be careful of your flanks and watch out for IL-2 Bomber. Nothing more.
PAGES (35)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight