AOE profiles - Elbe Day Update

New AOE profile is...
Option Distribution Votes
81%
19%
Total votes: 42
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Apr 2014, 21:03 PM

There have been many changes to this game, but none more stupid than this. The AOE profile that basically buffs any AOE literally means that any encounter, on any range vs. a tank with infantry = if the tank can hit, you will die.

Now if your opponent is able to get a tank leverage on you, you will loose units and probably a lot. the ability to take out a tanks with infantry is next to none, Pgrens will die, Guards will die, Conscripts will die, Grens will die. It's not uncommon to instantly loose 2-3 infantry models on the first sight of a tank on any range, making it impossible to react to. Your only chance of surviving it, if the tank misses, you can't out range it.

Congrats to you Mr. Qumsieh you finally did it.
25 Apr 2014, 21:06 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 21:03 PMFilske
There have been many changes to this game, but none more stupid than this. The AOE profile that basically buffs any AOE literally means that any encounter, on any range vs. a tank with infantry = if the tank can hit, you will die.

Now if your opponent is able to get a tank leverage on you, you will loose units and probably a lot. the ability to take out a tanks with infantry is next to none, Pgrens will die, Guards will die, Conscripts will die, Grens will die. It's not uncommon to instantly loose 2-3 infantry models on the first sight of a tank on any range, making it impossible to react to. Your only chance of surviving it, if the tank misses, you can't out range it.

Congrats to you Mr. Qumsieh you finally did it.

Welcome to the community with this bullshit first post MVGame.
25 Apr 2014, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
lol
25 Apr 2014, 21:49 PM

You mean your post?
25 Apr 2014, 22:01 PM

I think it was a much needed addition/change/feature, I like it.
25 Apr 2014, 22:02 PM

One of best changes.

Gone are the days of tiger running half the map from a lone conscript squad.
25 Apr 2014, 22:16 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2014, 21:03 PMFilske
Now if your opponent is able to get a tank leverage on you, you will loose units and probably a lot. the ability to take out a tanks with infantry is next to none, Pgrens will die, Guards will die, Conscripts will die, Grens will die.
The German T2 building has a unit, it's called the PaK40. The Soviet T2 has a unit, it's called the ZiS. If you set them up in the general direction of enemy armour, they sort of shoot shells at it rather effectively.

So you want to be able to counter tanks with infantry alone. Cute. What's the investment for the earliest medium tanks, 200 fuel? 250? 300? Please tell me more how basic infantry available at 0 or 20 fuel should totally counter them into oblivion.
26 Apr 2014, 00:26 AM

I think this is a great change. Infantry chasing tanks across the map was ridiculous.
26 Apr 2014, 00:59 AM

Good. tanks should dominate infantry.
26 Apr 2014, 12:23 PM

Lol. Just because I haven't spammed the forum, does not mean this is my first time. It means this topic was too big of a pressing matter to me that I couldn't shut up about it.

I don't feel people are really discussing the matter, and maybe I wasn't making myself clear, I'm not talking about what infantry can do to tanks(ofc tanks should dominate over infantry in general) I'm talking about how incredibly hard it is to survive a tank, if you're so unfortunate to step into ones range.

Scenario

Before patch: A wild T-70 appears, gets off 5 burst on a Gren squad and it dies because the player wasn't paying attention.

After patch: A wild T-70 appears, gets off 1 burst on a Gren squad, kills 2 models instantly on max range, the Gren squad retreats and gets killed because they can't outrun a T-70.

- This is not an uncommon scenario as I see it.

Even if you were in range of actually being able to pull off a Faust or a At grenade, you will most definatly not survive it, and that's ridiculous, considering how important unit preservation is in this game.

Again, this is not about Pak 40's, or anything els, they work just fine, this is about how insane that AOE profile will most likely kill 2-3 infantry models whenever it just as much as hit anywhere close to your squad, no matter the range.
26 Apr 2014, 12:37 PM

He mad.

Anyway, I think it's better than before.
A Tiger against a conscript squad and no kills, finally these days are over. If a squad stands right before a tank, and the tank fires at the squad, you don't think some people can die?

And it's not like you are saying 'it hit somewhere near your squad'.
26 Apr 2014, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2014, 12:23 PMFilske

Lol. Just because I haven't spammed the forum, does not mean this is my first time. It means this topic was too big of a pressing matter to me that I couldn't shut up about it.

I don't feel people are really discussing the matter, and maybe I wasn't making myself clear, I'm not talking about what infantry can do to tanks(ofc tanks should dominate over infantry in general) I'm talking about how incredibly hard it is to survive a tank, if you're so unfortunate to step into ones range.

Scenario

Before patch: A wild T-70 appears, gets off 5 burst on a Gren squad and it dies because the player wasn't paying attention.

After patch: A wild T-70 appears, gets off 1 burst on a Gren squad, kills 2 models instantly on max range, the Gren squad retreats and gets killed because they can't outrun a T-70.

- This is not an uncommon scenario as I see it.

Even if you were in range of actually being able to pull off a Faust or a At grenade, you will most definatly not survive it, and that's ridiculous, considering how important unit preservation is in this game.

Again, this is not about Pak 40's, or anything els, they work just fine, this is about how insane that AOE profile will most likely kill 2-3 infantry models whenever it just as much as hit anywhere close to your squad, no matter the range.

i guess it is because everything has 1 armor :S
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 11
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %