Login

russian armor

April 24th Patch Notes Discussion

PAGES (17)down
24 Apr 2014, 02:10 AM
Patrion 14

Dude, your last comment was funnier than this one, your degenerating or what??

#Aerohank If thats true and Elefant doesnt drop pen at max range, this is good news for me :p

cool. then we are in agreement that you cried about unit stats that only existed in your head.
24 Apr 2014, 02:13 AM

I like the idea of this patch but I think that Soviets are going to have a distinct lack of useful AT if they go T3. The raise in penetration is matched by a change in P4 armor, and ram being nerfed will make T34 all but worthless against heavy armor. I get the idea with the penetration at range changes, but I don't think the T34 is really that much faster than the P4 to say that it will be able to flank on a reliable basis, let alone a panther.
I just don't see how T34s are supposed to counter anything heavier than a P4 without ram, when now they cost as much as an Ostwind.
But we'll see I guess. Who knows.
24 Apr 2014, 03:35 AM
Donator 11

Remember they mentioned coh2 was always bugged with tank acceleration... now t34 may actually have a severe speed advantage compared to german tanks.
24 Apr 2014, 03:36 AM

I like the idea of this patch but I think that Soviets are going to have a distinct lack of useful AT if they go T3. The raise in penetration is matched by a change in P4 armor, and ram being nerfed will make T34 all but worthless against heavy armor. I get the idea with the penetration at range changes, but I don't think the T34 is really that much faster than the P4 to say that it will be able to flank on a reliable basis, let alone a panther.
I just don't see how T34s are supposed to counter anything heavier than a P4 without ram, when now they cost as much as an Ostwind.
But we'll see I guess. Who knows.

You shouldn't be going T3 without going T2 first (AT guns). This has always been true, and always will be true.
24 Apr 2014, 04:05 AM

DSHK HMG

-Penetration from 1/1/1 to 2.5/2.0/1.5
-Armor piercing rounds now provides 3x penetration rather than an additional +9 penetration at all ranges
-Properly received the +25% received accuracy like all other team weapons
-Damage from 12 to 10

Finally. The dushka received well deserved nerfs across every aspect of the unit. Now its reign of terror will come to an end. Relic's sense of perception is as flawless as ever. Thank you Peter, now they can't even be used in comedy builds.
24 Apr 2014, 04:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 04:05 AMHambone
DSHK HMG

-Penetration from 1/1/1 to 2.5/2.0/1.5
-Armor piercing rounds now provides 3x penetration rather than an additional +9 penetration at all ranges
-Properly received the +25% received accuracy like all other team weapons
-Damage from 12 to 10

Finally. The dushka received well deserved nerfs across every aspect of the unit. Now its reign of terror will come to an end. Relic's sense of perception is as flawless as ever. Thank you Peter, now they can't even be used in comedy builds.
Well atleast the doctrine isn't as useless as it once was. If soviet core units really do hold up in the late game then you won't need to have late game call-ins to stay relevant. If so using an early game commanders like the defense doctrine might actually be feasable.
24 Apr 2014, 04:26 AM

Looks pretty good overall, not sure about the StuG and the SU-76 though...:unsure:

Edit: Words
24 Apr 2014, 04:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 18:53 PMKyle

Yes I understand that. But I think Relic should change it around: G43 should be the long range asset but LMG should only be close to medium range.

I mean for god sake G43 is a long range Rifle, WITH SCOPE. I mean SCOPE for better aiming at far range, not to be god as medium and close.

And MG usually got shitty long range accuracy. They should be good in medium and close range.

I understand that in the last patch, G43 was OP. But they should nerf it when enemy get in medium or close range, not the other way around.

I fear that Russian play will start playing with the Guard + ISU doctrine now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, may I ask what is your way to counter Russian Sniper Spam ? I saw some people get 2 snipers, wipe out Grenadiers try to close it at them. Wait for 2CP and get guards, upgrade with DP-28. No, German Rifle Grenade will not do anything good because good Rus player will move always when they see the animation.

Then they start moving Guard at front, sniper behind them. A 222 try to close in will get button, Grenadiers try to rush in with get eat by sniper and DP-28.

Then they go Tier 3 to get M3, T34 and wait for ISU. with the T34 can fight tank better now, they will use it to wait for the " russian tank destroyer "

And no no, I just simply ask how are you going to counter that ? I try gren with G43 and 222 and mostly I failed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is little off topic, but 1 OStrupen squad + halftrack to support works well for me.
24 Apr 2014, 04:36 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 03:36 AMlink0

You shouldn't be going T3 without going T2 first (AT guns). This has always been true, and always will be true.

Unless your VonIvan, then it's T1-T3 unbeatable Strat MVGame
24 Apr 2014, 04:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

id love to see someone try tier 1, tier 3 and back tech to teir 2 i hvan't seen that in awhile. :)
24 Apr 2014, 04:50 AM

ISU and IS-2 may become the god tanks. The ISU got big buffs everywhere, and after some simple judgement, i think the IS-2 had its AT AND AI buffed. It deals 2/3rds the normal damage 1/3rd of the time faster (scatter is only twice as bad at MAX range). It gains 15 frontal armor, but loses 20 rear armor. (205 rear armor is still a ton!) It gains 50 pen, and overall, it costs even cheaper. All you have to do is wait one more cp than usual.

I have a feeling the new tank gun profiles will make a big difference on these tanks, so they wont look too op. The IS-2 would have more pen than the Tiger (It always has, but the gap between their pen is a tid bit bigger; AKA favoring IS-2), so i have a feeling the tiger will have better penetration and accuracy at long range compared to the IS-2's shots at long range.

So basically,

Soviet tanks hugging german tanks = win.
24 Apr 2014, 06:02 AM

Can the Dev explain WTF did they do to Blitz?

Panzer takes no time accelerating to max speed before, and the new blitz removed increased speed and just increase acceleration. Are you designing an ability spending 30 muni for nothing?

They said they intend to change blitz is a retreat to safe spot ability, how the hell this can help escaping without speed increase? and also, popping smoke is the one of this use. Without high speed flanking, how the hell German can win SU85 spam or unbeatable ISU?

and fuck elefant, putting a single working counter in a doctrine is bullshit.

I didn't see people (except noobs) have problems with blitz before.
24 Apr 2014, 06:03 AM

Hold-fire on tank destroyers and the pak43 is a really nice touch-up, maybe they'll add it for anti-tank guns soon?
24 Apr 2014, 06:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

accleration is added into the game it was broken and didn't exist before it will be in game so tansk will take time to speed up and slow down.

before any unit always moved at max speed all the time. as regiards to blitz the instant max speed on a panther, actually means somthing. :)
24 Apr 2014, 06:11 AM

Very interesting changes! I was very unhappy with the latest patch because it felt "incomplete". Now that they have adjusted vehicle balance and made some alterations to the Infantry gameplay, I'm definitely looking forward to try this out.

I just hope that the buffs to the ISU-152/IS-2 combined with the nerfs to the Tiger/Panther won't make the former overpowered. I'm also a little sceptical about the changes to the Su-76 /Stug, they seem to be very "glassy" now. Infantrywise I'm glad to see that they buffed cons but I don't understand the PG nerf.

All in all the patchnotes leave a solid impression on me
24 Apr 2014, 07:01 AM
Patrion 310

arent the t70 and t34-76 going to be less viable to go for? Although they are more reliable, you'll be forced to go T-2 Zis because Panzer 4 simply comes way earlier now. Otherwise, is the elite doctrine balanced? Cause they did not adapt anything.

Very satisfied on the other notes. It increases effectivity of my strat :>
24 Apr 2014, 07:05 AM

Penetration decreases with range. Especially for low-velocity guns like the ISU 152 has. The ISU-152 will still not be a long-range anti tank gun like the elephant, but now it won't be so easily killed from up close. It might now be actually something worth getting in a 1v1, rather than a free vet bonus for panthers or tigers.

It fires HE rounds, so no decrease
24 Apr 2014, 07:07 AM
Benefactor 117

Why hold fire for su85 and pak43 but not for pak40 and Zis?!o_O
24 Apr 2014, 07:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 20:54 PMakosi

MVGame

Don't you mean as a proud Troll?
24 Apr 2014, 07:35 AM
Patrion 15

It fires HE rounds, so no decrease

I'm not sure if this is the case with ISU-152s. I thought I read a post somewhere saying that the penetration values in respect to HE rounds only applied to artillery. Can someone confirm/deny?
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 51
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias