Login

russian armor

As an experienced US player, you often go T4 for?

As an experienced US player, you often go T4 for?
Option Distribution Votes
49%
32%
19%
Total votes: 57
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Apr 2014, 13:20 PM

And why? ;)

As for me: M10/M18 (mostly M18).

Tank destroyer is the only necessary T4 unit for the American. You could remove the other two and it wouldn't make much of a different.
20 Apr 2014, 14:32 PM

it depends what the opponent is going for....
20 Apr 2014, 14:40 PM

Most voted "Croc for real man" ? oh the liars..
20 Apr 2014, 14:43 PM

Depends on the situation really.. Vs T2 heavy strats, Sherman, otherwise M10 train Vs Stugs/T4
20 Apr 2014, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 14:40 PMPepsi
Most voted "Croc for real man" ? oh the liars..

I didn't expect that lol.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 14:32 PMbuckers
it depends what the opponent is going for....

Of course it depends on what the opponent is going for but it also depends on your playing style, too.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 14:43 PMKhan
Depends on the situation really.. Vs T2 heavy strats, Sherman, otherwise M10 train Vs Stugs/T4

Against heavy T2 strat i would rather go BAR and Snipers than Sherman. Sherman is just for quick victory when you already have the advantage.

Similar with Stugs, AT guns with airborne/rangers would do much better than M10s.

Oh btw please tell me how i can see who voted what? I can't find the option... :(
20 Apr 2014, 20:14 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I mostly go T4 for the sherman I find that it is a reliable anti-tank and anti-infantry unit that is very mobile.
20 Apr 2014, 21:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Depends on if vs PE or Wehr but I'd say more generally for M10's.
20 Apr 2014, 21:42 PM

M4 Sherman of course, best tank in WW2!
20 Apr 2014, 21:57 PM
Coder Red Badge

Against PE almost always M18s. If the PE player doesn't go Tank Destroyers you can get one Sherman, but generally you can deal with PE infantry using only flamers, leaving you free to invest in better anti-vehicle.

Against Wehr, Tank Depot is generally only useful against T3 and on Sturz. Because of the fuel on Sturz you can rush a Sherman like you would an M8 on other maps, then get some M18s and backtech to AT guns if you need better anti-tank. On other maps, getting a single Sherman is great because it can tank a lot of damage and kill infantry quickly. You usually only want one however, since they're fairly useless against StuGs and Wehr T4. The rest of your TD production should be M18s.
20 Apr 2014, 23:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 21:57 PMInverse
Against PE almost always M18s. If the PE player doesn't go Tank Destroyers you can get one Sherman, but generally you can deal with PE infantry using only flamers, leaving you free to invest in better anti-vehicle.

Against Wehr, Tank Depot is generally only useful against T3 and on Sturz. Because of the fuel on Sturz you can rush a Sherman like you would an M8 on other maps, then get some M18s and backtech to AT guns if you need better anti-tank. On other maps, getting a single Sherman is great because it can tank a lot of damage and kill infantry quickly. You usually only want one however, since they're fairly useless against StuGs and Wehr T4. The rest of your TD production should be M18s.

+ you can run over the infatry with the tank destroyers
21 Apr 2014, 04:36 AM

Shermans against whermacht, m10 against PE unless they are spamming 4man PG squads.
21 Apr 2014, 04:50 AM

I use M10s most often and then 1 Sherman Croc if I need anti-infantry later on. But M10s I get immediately just to clear the field of axis armor.

Against infantry I used combine arms (m10 + infantry) instead of shermans.

I actually don't like the Sherman much since I find that only the 76mm is very good. The 75mm is not effective enough against panzers' front armor and the Sherman is not always fast enough to do the necessary flanking. It's a good infantry killer but that stug spam comes fast..............
22 Apr 2014, 05:41 AM

Uh. Shermans are fantastic, you just need an M1 57mm following them around like a lost puppy. Do that and you're golden.
22 Apr 2014, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 20:14 PMDevM
I mostly go T4 for the sherman I find that it is a reliable anti-tank and anti-infantry unit that is very mobile.

Yes DevM i think the choice really suit your play style as an offensive player, rely on solid (though costly) units and aggressive micro to bring you advantage :thumb:.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2014, 21:57 PMInverse

Yeah i agree with you Inverse. I find it hard to handle Puma and Axis armor late game in larger map such as Beaux Lowlands without tank destroyer (i love the map so i don't want to untick it). Though my main AT is still ATG i always try to get one or two M10/M18 as soon as possible, really help a lot in those maps.

Ok everyone here come my guess :D.

Like DevM, those who choose M4 Sherman are very dangerous opponents if they have the micro to back their choice up! But if they don't they'll lose fast and hard.

The players who choose M10/M18 option should be someone who play style is a little more passive, they prefer long game, rely on cost effective method and combine arms to get the upper hand in battle. They have to plan each one of their attacks more carefully because if they can't success and force their opponent out of his position AND cause enough damage then they have little chance to come back. The loss will slowly, inevitably come.

And finally, those who choose M4 Crocodile should be someone who have little faith in US T4. They play passively, rely almost completely on infantry and ATGs to counter Axis Armor and vetted infantry, very manly aren't they? Their front is strong, almost impenetrable. They can hang on to the game forever and even winning against huge odds if their opponents don't have enough cunning and courage to discover a small weak point in their defensive line and explore it. Someone like Symbiosis is a clear example of this type of player.

22 Apr 2014, 17:09 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Well I think this is a subjective topic since every player will have different opinions depending on the playstyle.
For example, I disagree with inverse statement that it is better to get M18/M10's against PE since I believe that the sherman offers enough of the anti-tank capabilities that you need to beat PE (you will be mostly killing light vehicles aside from the hetzer and the panther) and it is a really big threat to any PE infantry.
23 Apr 2014, 04:31 AM

When I was playing 1, my most built unit from T4 was the Sherman, by far. When smoke was plasma shields, still Sherman.
23 Apr 2014, 04:56 AM

Depends on the AT situation, but usually if it's PE I'll go Hellcats for their speed and ability to easily run over shreck squads. :P If it's against wehr usually a Sherman will suffice. However if I am dealing with multiple stugs I might just go for a horde of hellcats instead. So there is no right answer to this question imo as it really depends on what is happening in-game.
23 Apr 2014, 13:23 PM

And finally, those who choose M4 Crocodile should be someone who have little faith in US T4. They play passively, rely almost completely on infantry and ATGs to counter Axis Armor and vetted infantry, very manly aren't they? Their front is strong, almost impenetrable. They can hang on to the game forever and even winning against huge odds if their opponents don't have enough cunning and courage to discover a small weak point in their defensive line and explore it. Someone like Symbiosis is a clear example of this type of player.

"manly"? Did Symbi beat you and you are still sore from that?

Couldn't you turn the same argument into a positive? Those you consider "unmanly" go on to win even though the longer game is playing into the hands of the opponent. Or do you think there some sort of late-game US OP strategy that no one else has ever heard of?

You use play styles that suit you. We don't all have godly micro skills so we play in a way that works. The whole concept of "micro" is something I learned in my 40's since I was 12 when Pong came out. I am never going to be able to play with superb micro skills. But my strategic sense is darn good. Good enough to make me a solidly mediocre player. ;)
25 Apr 2014, 09:52 AM

The regular Sherman is better for passive play though, you can kite with it and it's actually useful once your opponent techs to T3/T4.

On paper the Croc has its uses against heavy T2 play, but most of the time T2 actually means T2-T3, where stugs can easily fend off your croc and you can't stop pumas from munching through your rifle with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★