Login

russian armor

COH Ask the strategists

6 Feb 2013, 06:56 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Against brits as PE I would try going T3 before T4 and get out an AC and start inflicting mass damage on those tommy squads. If you play right and have good map control you can easily get out an ATHT before his Stewart hits the field. It's always better to get vehicles to fight tommy squads than panzergrens because you're not taking any casualties and you can just repair the vehicle if it gets damaged. That means you have more manpower to spend as well as reducing the amount of veterancy lts get. If you're struggling against the British blob then I would also suggest saving up for a few goliaths. Those things can immediately make the brit player call gg if you get it right.
7 Feb 2013, 03:06 AM

Hello experts ! I have been trying to formulate a strat for south ango , i have not yet implemented all of it but that is how it goes . 3 engies 3 rifles , tech to motorpool and op the far left fuel and put mine and wire at points were your enemy will cross to attack especially early at the right hand fuel produce 2 t17s / m8s (handier but fewer munitions for abilities ) to ankor the maps fuels , if all is allright get a quick sherman flamers and go for a big push , if you get stugs go rapid response and at gun , if you get early pumas or oswtinds get ab at gun and stun with t17 or block with m8 , if you can go armor and head for prshing . From your experience what are the weak points ? are snipers a thorn ? can a jeep be beneficial ? So far i have been going through unlikely pathways to avoid possible mines and my only problem was containing my self to not go for a very early attack plus a bit of m8 misshandling .
7 Feb 2013, 08:01 AM

Yeah you can do that I suppose but probably OP on the right high fuel on Angoville is much safer. I feel the majority of Wehrmacht players push left on Angoville due to America holding the north houses near the cut off can cause big issues. Another advantage is you can quickly wire of the house/hedges on the right side to prevent a quick cut off man cap from the Wehrmacht player if they try to extend from the left to the right. Since you have the extra engineer you can easily do this after you finish capping.

Other than that I wouldnt get a jeep when doing this strat because if you got only 2 rifles/jeep your opponent can really push you around on the map if they go more volk/mg based. Thats personal preference though. I think the worst thing you will have to watch out for when doing this strat is 3 volk heavy/mg play, since 3 volks can outright faust the m8 if your not careful. Snipers will be annoying in the midgame more so if you need AT from ATG rather than tanks. Make sure you get a sweeper aswell cause your m8 will have to do a bit of damage when it hits the field.
7 Feb 2013, 08:37 AM

Putting an OP either fuel on Ango is a bad idea; they are in the middle of the map.
7 Feb 2013, 08:59 AM

Putting an OP either fuel on Ango is a bad idea; they are in the middle of the map.

Yeah I agree with that, I don't use this stratergy myself I much rather have an extra unit in the early game but the OP can work. It is probably best suited for Langres if anything as the OP is relatively safe. Angoville is a flanking friendly map, especially when Wehrmacht is north. I don't think I've got m8 very often straight up on Angoville, do it more so when I am North Ango if anything.
8 Feb 2013, 06:36 AM
Patrion 14

Against brits as PE I would try going T3 before T4 and get out an AC and start inflicting mass damage on those tommy squads. If you play right and have good map control you can easily get out an ATHT before his Stewart hits the field. It's always better to get vehicles to fight tommy squads than panzergrens because you're not taking any casualties and you can just repair the vehicle if it gets damaged. That means you have more manpower to spend as well as reducing the amount of veterancy lts get. If you're struggling against the British blob then I would also suggest saving up for a few goliaths. Those things can immediately make the brit player call gg if you get it right.

Thanks HH
8 Feb 2013, 19:08 PM

Yeah you can do that I suppose but probably OP on the right high fuel on Angoville is much safer. I feel the majority of Wehrmacht players push left on Angoville due to America holding the north houses near the cut off can cause big issues. Another advantage is you can quickly wire of the house/hedges on the right side to prevent a quick cut off man cap from the Wehrmacht player if they try to extend from the left to the right. Since you have the extra engineer you can easily do this after you finish capping.

Other than that I wouldnt get a jeep when doing this strat because if you got only 2 rifles/jeep your opponent can really push you around on the map if they go more volk/mg based. Thats personal preference though. I think the worst thing you will have to watch out for when doing this strat is 3 volk heavy/mg play, since 3 volks can outright faust the m8 if your not careful. Snipers will be annoying in the midgame more so if you need AT from ATG rather than tanks. Make sure you get a sweeper aswell cause your m8 will have to do a bit of damage when it hits the field.

Thnx mate , yeah i learned my self that jeep is not ideal for the strat the hard way (hunting a a scumbag sniper who proved bulletproof -.- ) before reaading your post
8 Feb 2013, 20:41 PM
Patrion 14

Still having problems with Brits... funnily enough Semois isn't too bad but Langres is a bitch. Played a good level 10 Brit and the speed at which he went from one Tommy squad to a wailing, crawling armada of PIAT and Bren spitting death.... was scary.

My AC micro simply wasn't up to it and by the time I had an AC halftrack there was a fucking *Cromwell* on the field.

I suck.
1 Mar 2013, 04:55 AM

I have major issues against PE. I try to rifle stall as best as possible for either a 3 rifles wsc build if there's a lot of PG's or ill try some sort of fast m8 play if i can actually cap my fuel ( If i don't get pushed off it every time i nearly cap it...). Some games the kill/death ratio is just ridiculous as if all his PGs r on meth and invincible lol. Then when im actually about to win they just disable the vp's and stack panthers... I usually try to to AB but most of the time im soo xp starved from rifle stalling or not getting any fkn kills that his AC is out before i even have 2 cp's. Ill try and find a replay for an example. Thanks in advance!

Heres an embarrassingly bad showing. I was playing really good that day too until this game.

http://www.gamereplays.org/companyofheroes/replays.php?game=25&show=details&id=279086
1 Mar 2013, 06:16 AM

don't worry about the K/D ratio the PE will always win big there, vehicles destroyed is in more important in that matchup. If you do aimstrongs strat you will be able to slighly compete in kills/deaths.

3 engineers upgrade flamers > 4 rifles > stickes / triage > TD (airborne/armor...usually Airborne but Armor is good if you win big in the early game)
1 Mar 2013, 10:54 AM

Hello experts , i have another question for you , recently i have been playing against huge t1 wehrmacht armys , like 4 volks ,2mgs bikes and more followed by a quick puma or ostwind , i have been trying to counter this with fast m8 or bars if i am in a real good position and bars , airborne (for at ) if its going down the tubes with moderate success. problem is that volks have the advantage early on if well positioned and even when i win the engagements i loose comparable manpower with not enough map control to show for it. how would you counter this , early triage , flamers , wsc , nades , 3 flamerrs ?
2 Mar 2013, 01:09 AM

Hello experts , i have another question for you , recently i have been playing against huge t1 wehrmacht armys , like 4 volks ,2mgs bikes and more followed by a quick puma or ostwind , i have been trying to counter this with fast m8 or bars if i am in a real good position and bars , airborne (for at ) if its going down the tubes with moderate success. problem is that volks have the advantage early on if well positioned and even when i win the engagements i loose comparable manpower with not enough map control to show for it. how would you counter this , early triage , flamers , wsc , nades , 3 flamerrs ?

It's one of the things that's really hard to counter this patch cuz of the cheap but relatively effective volks. The best/only way I am able to deal with it (and still lose sometimes ^^) is by going fast bars with mass flamers and 3/4 rifles. It's all about getting rifle vet, in the first part of the game you'll have trouble with keeping map control, but once you get some vet, you will finally be able to deal with the volks and slowly win with t3 or t4 follow up. Just be careful you have at in time in case he has lots of fuel and goes direct t3/t4.
2 Mar 2013, 09:38 AM

If his T1 is that big, he won't have access to proper AT for a long time. A fast M8(possibly even two if you see he's not getting T2 at all) is great in this scenario, because you can force a lot of retreats, either by chipping away at his units or driving into his base, forcing his volks to retreat just to get a faust off. When he does this, he'll have less units on the field, so capitalize on that by attacking his remaining force. At this point you'll have superior positioning and map control, which you can relatively easily hold by getting BARs and then using mines and buildings/cover to stall him from getting back on the map properly while you get a lot of free vet. If your M8 is still alive(it should be if you microed it properly), pull it back and use it as counter-harassment rather than attacking. Making a come-back from this position is really hard, as long as you manage to maintain proper map control and tech accordingly to what he decides to do.

Alternatively you can do what Symbiosis said: just attack him with all you've got and get your rifles vetted up. I prefer the more methodical approach mentioned above rather than a big all-in-ish attack, but that's me.

Also, remember that buildings are freaking great against anyone who doesn't have a sniper or a mortar. He'll either need a flamer, which are pretty darn squishy and can be focus fired by your other units, or just brute force to flush you out, in which case he'll bleed a lot of MP and vet to you if you've got BARs.
7 Mar 2013, 20:32 PM

I tried to combine your advice , that is symbiosis's agressive way and naeras's conservative m8 , and what i did was , a 2 engie 4 rifles stall ,after i got my 1 st cp i picked inf rhs and combined mines and wire with the riflestalling , a couple of engegements and kabooms later vet 1 started to flow in , then i went for bars and created choke points of wire , and then i got my m8 and an atg , long story short my m8 cleared the mgs and sweeprs away , he could not take me in medium range so he used lots of munitions on mp40s and started charging me but stationary vet 1 bared rifles seem to hold just fine , plus that the mp drain and overusage delayed his pak , the whole game culminated in an epic volk charge that costed me no squads and gave me 2 vet 2 rifles afterwards he quited since he lost 3 volks or sth
8 Mar 2013, 00:10 AM

I tried to combine your advice , that is symbiosis's agressive way and naeras's conservative m8 , and what i did was , a 2 engie 4 rifles stall ,after i got my 1 st cp i picked inf rhs and combined mines and wire with the riflestalling , a couple of engegements and kabooms later vet 1 started to flow in , then i went for bars and created choke points of wire , and then i got my m8 and an atg , long story short my m8 cleared the mgs and sweeprs away , he could not take me in medium range so he used lots of munitions on mp40s and started charging me but stationary vet 1 bared rifles seem to hold just fine , plus that the mp drain and overusage delayed his pak , the whole game culminated in an epic volk charge that costed me no squads and gave me 2 vet 2 rifles afterwards he quited since he lost 3 volks or sth

Good to hear :)
8 Mar 2013, 16:19 PM

Hey mr Strategist.

I've run into a 2v2 problem. I usually play vanilla factions and so does my teammate, and as double wehr (around lvl 8 right now) we're facing a lot of mixed allies. The brit player usually moves up a bit for the forward base, but not aggressively enough to be punishable for it early on without us committing to a full out assault without flamers and shrecks. The problem comes when the mortar pit goes down and I find it really hard to cap or fight around that area. I've heard several times that attacking is better than capping against brits, but I find it really hard to get an attack in on the brit mortarpit (that is really what is giving them the early advantage) when he can just retreat all of his forces back to his HQ. Also recon sections makes flamers a risky investment for someone who is a bit bad at using them.

The general advice I would appreciate (since I'm not bringing a replay I know specific advice is hard to give) is if you could tell me when the time is to push a forward brit base (say, at their high fuel with a mortar pit, recon, bren squad and a lt going for a support truck cpt stuart tech). Timing pushes seems to be all against brits and since tehre are few good 2v2 with brits that I've seen on pro level, I really need advice on when they are. :)
8 Mar 2013, 17:00 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hey mr Strategist.

I've run into a 2v2 problem. I usually play vanilla factions and so does my teammate, and as double wehr (around lvl 8 right now) we're facing a lot of mixed allies. The brit player usually moves up a bit for the forward base, but not aggressively enough to be punishable for it early on without us committing to a full out assault without flamers and shrecks. The problem comes when the mortar pit goes down and I find it really hard to cap or fight around that area. I've heard several times that attacking is better than capping against brits, but I find it really hard to get an attack in on the brit mortarpit (that is really what is giving them the early advantage) when he can just retreat all of his forces back to his HQ. Also recon sections makes flamers a risky investment for someone who is a bit bad at using them.

The general advice I would appreciate (since I'm not bringing a replay I know specific advice is hard to give) is if you could tell me when the time is to push a forward brit base (say, at their high fuel with a mortar pit, recon, bren squad and a lt going for a support truck cpt stuart tech). Timing pushes seems to be all against brits and since tehre are few good 2v2 with brits that I've seen on pro level, I really need advice on when they are. :)

If a mortar pit goes up and you can't kill it quickly enough with bikes then I suggest you just stay out of range from the pit and if they can't be helped, I would constantly keep moving my forces. If you can I would try and sneak a couple of shrek grens to the area and destory it when you have the chance. Try and time this with a distraction somewhere else on the map so most of the allied forces will not be there to defend it. Also your right in thinking that flamer pio's are a risky investment and I would advise getting them in 2v2 because they die so easily. I would suggest you invest your munis in shreks rather than flamers.
8 Mar 2013, 17:41 PM

Good to hear :)

Thank you both for taking the time to give me advice ( better late than never i guess :P )
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★