Login

russian armor

Top-players and what makes the new metas

7 Apr 2014, 08:30 AM

No, now I win or loose with germans and soviets just the same. And my post was referring to the fact that some changes still need to be operated, like maybe lowering a little the light german weapons DPS while still letting them superior to soviet ones to compensate the squad size.

So no sarcasm necessary.

'Changing playing style will ruin the ladders for the faction that was "easy mode" before. That is why they are crying all over the place around here. Now we have something close to a balanced game'

Oh, but its hard not too after reading that.

I'll do my best tho :help:
7 Apr 2014, 08:33 AM

I feel like im being pointed at here, HAHA.
Im a competitive player by nature unless i screw around. When i am playing seriously i play with a strategy that i know that is solid and works in pretty much every situation, with no hard-counters against it hence i started going 5 grens because i wanted a very mobile force, and simply because the MG42's in top ranked play might block off an area for some time, but it can also sit there, be stationary and be of barely any use at all, a waste of manpower. And if it does get in the Soviets hands it can fuck my game over so i decide to barely, very very rarely ever build one when Grenadiers can do the same job, but also bleed manpower instead of just forcing a retreat.

Meta-games are ever changing. Remember when 2x MG42's were the standard? Grenadiers are so popular because they are sooo god damn worth the manpower cost. And lets be fair, most people tune in to streams in this community just to chat & interact with the streamer. 80% of my viewers atleast doesnt give a flying fuck about the game usually. The game is being worked on and i wouldn't jump the ship as of yet calling the game "dead" most people are just on a break due to the horrible balance in the game.

You are keeping the promise of fucking the elefant on the webcam, right? :p
7 Apr 2014, 09:12 AM

Nothing wrong with playing to win, but it'd be nice if the "top" players tried to figure out how to win with the faction that everyone thinks is under-powered instead of doing the same boring strategy every game.
7 Apr 2014, 09:20 AM
Donator 11

Nothing wrong with playing to win, but it'd be nice if the "top" players tried to figure out how to win with the faction that everyone thinks is under-powered instead of doing the same boring strategy every game.

exactly. like aimstrong did with americans vs pe.
7 Apr 2014, 09:23 AM

Hey Moonchild, adapt man. This is not CoH1!!! MVGame
7 Apr 2014, 09:25 AM
Donator 11

Dont need to adapt. Im totally fine with the current balance. MVGame
7 Apr 2014, 09:28 AM

Whoever spams/ abuses the most man, good balance!
7 Apr 2014, 09:31 AM

Everyone already figured it out, conspam with T2 to call-ins(Either Guard Motor or Shock Rifle Frontline, other commanders might as well not exist). It's boring and has never been particularly hard to counter, yet it's really the only chance you have without a major skill advantage.
7 Apr 2014, 09:32 AM
Donator 11

you can argue with that but i think most people put too much blame on the balance and i think its the game design to blame.
7 Apr 2014, 09:41 AM

Yeah, I think the gren (spam) build was just Ostheer players adapting to the pre patch soviet sniper builds...
7 Apr 2014, 12:55 PM

#ForeverAlone
7 Apr 2014, 13:09 PM
Coder Red Badge

exactly. like aimstrong did with americans vs pe.

Except in that case, top players never really thought Americans were weak against PE. It was mostly lower-level players bitching about things they didn't know anything about.

In all honesty, if you're playing any game competitively at a high level, you're playing to win. For players like that, winning is fun, not simply playing the game. You can't fault players for using the same strategy over and over if that strategy is winning them games. Blame the game for situations like that.

If there were more CoH2 tournaments, I guarantee you would see more creative Soviet play, because players would be forced to play both factions. Using ladder as a metric isn't a smart thing to do because any serious competitive player will tell you that ladder is a royal waste of time. Why wait minutes to get matched against someone likely far worse than you who will likely do something incredibly stupid when you can play custom games against other top players who are going to give you decent practice?
7 Apr 2014, 13:16 PM

you can argue with that but i think most people put too much blame on the balance and i think its the game design to blame.

I dont understand relic or sega. The reason to bring in huge changes to a game can be either to stabilize the balance of the game to make your existing customers happy or to bring in new customers who didnt like the game in the first place. Its all about money, right ?
But in a few month they want to release an addon which can be sold to your existing community.

What did they do ? They changed the game in a huge way. The Balance (at least in 1v1) was nearly perfect before the patch. You can compare the TOP10 player's streaks with soviets and germans. Now it clearly isnt. Apart from the balance it changed the profile for the average/good guys like me. I am not a top10 player. I am above average and i had a lot of fun in this game and trying to improve myself every day. Now i need to focus on so many things that it is no fun anymore. Every smaller mistake leads into a dead squad and yes i do mistakes cause this game was supposed to let me relax a bit and balance out my stressful days at university.

What can they do to bring back the "old flair" and still increasing the "tactical" part ?
1.) Decrease lethality by increasing dmg to infantry for all units OR increase inf HP (you still have the differences between MG, rifles and so on - what was a nice idea)
2.) Let VET give armor again to inf.
3.) Increase the difference between green cover, red cover, no cover to benefit players with good micro
4.) Think about changing the commanders to an global 3 commander (like coh1) or an single commander with individual setup.

Sorry for the long post. Might be my last post anyway.
Cheerz Guys and thx for the nice work on coh2 and thx to this nice community.

Huchtot
7 Apr 2014, 15:38 PM

I noticed some people copying some of the nuances in me and Hissys 2v2 play pretty shortly after the game was out. We were pretty good but there was no ladders at the time, people will try anything that seems to work and not just what 1 or 2 popular (and in some cases, merely above average players) streamers are doing.
7 Apr 2014, 16:50 PM

I feel like im being pointed at here, HAHA.

No, no not pointing anyone out. This is, as has been stated in the thread, universal.:) There seems to be a religios belief here that to abuse is to win.
7 Apr 2014, 21:44 PM
Patrion 310

I like the patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment