Login

russian armor

The state of CoH2

5 Apr 2014, 21:22 PM

I just want to get other peoples perspective on this, because I feel I have now got to a point where I can make the following judgment.

After playing extensively since this new patch came out I think I can now say that this game is in a near unplayable state when taking on the Germans controlled by an even half tactically aware opponent (I play exclusively as the soviets). Whether it be infantry early game, or late game armor engagements the soviets now just feel like they play with a reactionary style to German play styles, I will now be waiting for further patches before I play this game again.

This game launched in a playable state and although I think the mechanics have taken a huge step forward the balancing is now way off the mark, I hope it can be rectified soon as It is one of my favorite game series.
5 Apr 2014, 21:29 PM

(I play exclusively as the soviets)
Didnt read after...
5 Apr 2014, 21:54 PM

Didnt read after...

Well it's quite obvious that Soviets are a bit UP now. Just giving mosins a slight buff would fix it for me.
5 Apr 2014, 23:26 PM

Well it's quite obvious that Soviets are a bit UP now. Just giving mosins a slight buff would fix it for me.

That and toning down G43s is pretty much all that is needed.
5 Apr 2014, 23:53 PM

Wait for next patch, sounds like they know what to fix, one can only hope
6 Apr 2014, 00:41 AM
Patrion 310

For me, regardless of the state of the game at this moment in time, the changes they made with small arms fire and delaying mid / late game is a good thing and overall I am pleased they have done it. We just need to wait for things to get balanced out.
6 Apr 2014, 18:17 PM

While I appreciate the attempt to change the meta-game, the fact that they only did a half patch, leaving tanks for another day, has broken the game... Soviets are vastly weaker than they were with their core unit, the conscript, being nearly useless. With this new patch infantry and old patch vehicle combo I find the soviets at a distinct disadvantage, especially for the more casual players.

So to answer your question, the state of CoH2 for me is unplayable, and I'm not waiting a month or more for some mythical vehicle patch. I've played this waiting on patch game during the entire lifetime of CoH1, I'm tired of it and I'm tired of Reric. So yeah, state of game for me is uninstalled. :/
6 Apr 2014, 18:18 PM

6 Apr 2014, 18:42 PM

Dude, there are 100 topics about the imbalance atm.. don't need to make another topic .
6 Apr 2014, 18:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Next patch certainly comes in 1 or 2 months great. I won't play if shit just doesn't get patched. I could rage at all these annoying German fanboys with names like 1337NaziHitlerDivsion. Haha wanna see their faces when Sovjs have a change again.
6 Apr 2014, 19:08 PM

Next patch certainly comes in 1 or 2 months great. I won't play if shit just doesn't get patched. I could rage at all these annoying German fanboys with names like 1337NaziHitlerDivsion. Haha wanna see their faces when Sovjs have a change again.

It shouldn't take 1 or 2 months to change imo. This current problem should be hotfixed.
6 Apr 2014, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned

It shouldn't take 1 or 2 months to change imo. This current problem should be hotfixed.

+1

But I think it's already too late for a Hotfix... These usually come 2 - 4 days after patch :S
6 Apr 2014, 20:44 PM

I am sorry about the generation of another post on this topic I understand its like shooting fish in barrel at the moment, but shouldn't this really worry Relic that there are so many people generating these posts?

And my issue with this game has come since the March deployment patch, up until then I thought the Germans where was at least manageable, I just felt I had to say my peace.
6 Apr 2014, 20:46 PM
Patrion 310

You can wait for the next patch and play some other game till then.. or you adapt your style and play german.
7 Apr 2014, 03:27 AM

i have came and go just the start of the year, i didnt need a major patch change to turn me away, just elefants was enough to throw me off from what might have been a good game.

looking at the infantry combat alone, which was about fine before except sniper cars, soviet ability to make conscripts with snipers at no tech cost, insane vet boosts to german units, especially the pgrens, now its a total mess, with gren + g43 dominating all ranges.

i think its better to wait out for more patches to stamp out all them glaring issues.
7 Apr 2014, 06:47 AM

The game was much much worse in the beginning. The last patch fixed somethings and broke somethings and made the game in favor of germans in somethings. For now I suggest you skip 1v1, until they fix problems with soviets.
7 Apr 2014, 07:00 AM

Well,if the changes will be as big as the soviet whining on these topics, the game will be soooo unbalanced....
I wonder if the german fanboys whining will ever be able to compete with what I saw on this forum's topics after 25th march.
7 Apr 2014, 09:32 AM

Yeah, then it will be "L2p" from then on... I was called a Panther spammer yesterday because I had 2 Panthers on the field to counter their 5 Su-85's. Of course Blitz was OP...
7 Apr 2014, 11:38 AM

Yeah, then it will be "L2p" from then on... I was called a Panther spammer yesterday because I had 2 Panthers on the field to counter their 5 Su-85's. Of course Blitz was OP...

The funiest thing is the people behaving like you said have most probably no idea how hard is to actualy build a panther considering its costs. You built 2 in a 1v1? My respects.
7 Apr 2014, 14:39 PM

The funiest thing is the people behaving like you said have most probably no idea how hard is to actualy build a panther considering its costs. You built 2 in a 1v1? My respects.

It was 2vs2, I should have mentioned it, sorry.

My point was that in 2vs2, lots of people are bitching about nothing. They blame everything on the new patch. I understand, and agree that tweaks and changes have to be made, but most of the whining is just silly. If they get 5 SU-85's, I will naturally get Panthers to counter them. That is what they are there for. Howitzers, Mortars with precision strike and Katyushas will destroy my PAK's, give my Pgrens a hard time and autamtically keep me on distance. I have really noticed that lots of players do not flank properly, or defend against flanks properly. If I can scout with infantry, faust the tanks and kill Zis guns and then send in my Panthers to finish them off and Blitz out of it, then that is not broken. I earned that Blitz and had the munitions to do so. It is a vet 1 ability, just like the (devastating) precision strike on soviet mortars. I personally see no problem with the panther... just imagine weaker Panthers against 3 or 4 SU-85's with range in their favour. Top that with mark vehicle and an AT nade/ button vehicle/ mines and it's bye bye german endgame.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★