Login

russian armor

Do you think this patch is balanced?

31 Mar 2014, 10:51 AM

I find the biggest problem being in the early game. Especially 2v2.
It's quite easy for Mg42 supported by grens/pios to move up and pin Cons in green cover.

This is the problem because Cons or Penals cannot really flank Mg42, due to being shredded by support units. And cannot really stay in green cover because MG42 just moves up and pins them, forcing retreat.

It means that territory is lost and resources become scarce.

Couple of bunkers and couple of mortars later it just becomes huge struggle to do anything.

Soviets are designed to be like USA in VCOH and be mobile, flanking etc.
But have been made very impotent with latest patch, cause they are not very well suited for defensive play (early game) and now they are not that useful as offensive weapon.

P.S. Mortars are just ridiculous this patch as they shoot squads on the move and get promoted in a sec.

And yes, I did try to use soviet mortar to fight mg42 + mortar, but by that time there are usually scout cars or halftruck supporting German infantry = easy to lose that mortar, hard to kill opponent mortar.

Game just becomes progressively harder for Soviets as it goes.

Once again this is 2v2 game description, and its a lot easier to play as Soviet in 1v1 as you can just move to the other side of the map. Still a lot harder to play as Soviet then German tho, even in 1v1
31 Mar 2014, 10:55 AM

Was the mortar performance actually buffed? I didn't think so. (Sure, hes overall better because he can shoot bunched up enemys in green cover, and in general forces the opponent to attack.) But the promotion and shooting stuff on the move?
31 Mar 2014, 11:02 AM

Was the mortar performance actually buffed? I didn't think so. (Sure, hes overall better because he can shoot bunched up enemys in green cover, and in general forces the opponent to attack.) But the promotion and shooting stuff on the move?

Bad wording, it gets promoted quite quickly dropping shells on inf in cover. Then it becomes real pain because it starts dropping shells on moving infantry. Not every shell, but it becomes considerable threat

and this is case with both Soviet and German mortars
31 Mar 2014, 11:09 AM

hmm, I guess you are right, more kills ---> more vet ---> more kills :D
31 Mar 2014, 13:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

While I agree that Soviet infantry could use a slight DPS buff and that the LMG might be a tad too powerful at close range, I strongly disagree with everything else in the OP.
31 Mar 2014, 15:24 PM

Granted this poll is not scientific it certainly shows the perspective of the community. Fail on the balance.
31 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

Scout car needs nerf + su 76 or t70 needs to get back to T2 to counter a scout car under 6 min scout car under 11 min t70 ... doesn't make sense + when u do get a t70 there's a p4 knocking on the door like 1/2 min after u got it
31 Mar 2014, 16:36 PM

I find your answers ridiculous.

We can see what do you think, we have not the choice in answers.

THE BALANCE IS PERFECT or I suck with soviet, germans OP ...

So like you : Do you think the game had a "PERFECT" balance before the patch ?

I think not many people would answer yes --'

Anyway :

1) I don't want a spam cons vs spam gren once more with Rng for decide who win.

2) I find the patch extremly good, because i find you need more skill, more technic.

You need to make a good use of your units for get the range where they are efficient
vs grens, with penal you need to get the close range vs gren for exemple.

vs pzgren, you need to keep the middle-long range

etc, i find the game more tactic, more technic, requier more skill, more difficult.

Conscripts are rape vs grens at long range at the beginning, but they are good at close range with ppsh later.

3) The Time of Infantery combat duration is higher now, I find this extremly good.

4) Rng decrease because all units are good, but their efficiency depend of the range now.

A patch for balance in my opinion need to be :

1- Maybe change some things in "cross wood" because I think this map have a problem because it's a real open map, grens have the advantage at the beginning of the fight everytime.

2- I think G43 need to be extremly nerf at close range, and good at long range like currently. If they have a sort of sniper weapon, at close range they need to suck.

3- Increase CPs for all call-in tanks because of the fuel cost increase for buildings.
31 Mar 2014, 16:47 PM
Patrion 14

i feel units vet super quick with more dmg they do and more dmg they take. i think vet could use a little more effort to get.
31 Mar 2014, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2014, 16:47 PMpigsoup
i feel units vet super quick with more dmg they do and more dmg they take. i think vet could use a little more effort to get.

+1
31 Mar 2014, 17:07 PM

I find your answers ridiculous.
A patch for balance in my opinion need to be :

1- Maybe change some things in "cross wood" because I think this map have a problem because it's a real open map, grens have the advantage at the beginning of the fight everytime.

2- I think G43 need to be extremly nerf at close range, and good at long range like currently. If they have a sort of sniper weapon, at close range they need to suck.

3- Increase CPs for all call-in tanks because of the fuel cost increase for buildings.

I agree with all but the third, another suggestion I like is slightly reducing the cost of conscript squads as well.
31 Mar 2014, 17:21 PM

I also would like to add that both SCs should cost less mp (30-45) and more fuel (+10 or +15) to stop spamming them without any impact on teching as now the soviet scout car spam (5 fuel/car) into T.34.85s is becoming the new meta :D

Also soviet T3 needs a cost reduction (-20 or -30 fuel) or deserves better AT options late-game, but Relic's next patch will focus on soviet late-game AT either so I'm waiting for awesome things :)

Also guards needs some sort of love 'cause ppl only get them to counter early T2, the lmg upgrade costs too much and 360mp for the squad 30/man (i know about merging but atm cons suck so much that ppl dont go for them as i saw) is too much to keep them in late-game without suffering mp bleed.
31 Mar 2014, 21:00 PM

I agree with all but the third, another suggestion I like is slightly reducing the cost of conscript squads as well.

How would decreasing the cost of cons help address the early game issue of the soviets being at an extreme disadvantage at range? Realistically, a small decrease in cost might let you have 1, maybe 2 additional conscript over the first 5-10 minutes of a game?

They would still lose handily at long/medium range vs vanilla grens and get destroyed once the grens were upgraded to either LMG or G43. Even moving with cover and Oorah! to close the gap vs grens is a death sentence right now most of the time. Flanking is possible but very situational as you need to pray for a Tru Sight blind spot to pop out from. Otherwise the flanking squad will get focused and whittled down before it can do anything meaningful. Not to mention there's likely to be an MG42 or another gren squad in the flanking squad's face.

Don't get me wrong, I like the overall direction of this patch and the increased infantry lethality. Soviets don't need 1-2 more of a lousy unit, they need a way to increase said units survivability or increase its ranged ability to be slightly more effective at the long/medium range. I think a munitions upgrade would be preferable to a base stat change as the disparity really becomes glaring once grens get access to the LMG.
31 Mar 2014, 21:53 PM

Im not saying its balanced or not. I dont see too many people adapting to the new mechanics. I cant really tell yet because it seems too early to understand the new meta game.
31 Mar 2014, 22:13 PM

I think just need to rise CP.
1 Apr 2014, 08:09 AM

Im not saying its balanced or not. I dont see too many people adapting to the new mechanics. I cant really tell yet because it seems too early to understand the new meta game.

I adapted!! Its quite natural for anyone who was decent VCOH player to use cover, vehicle kite, move mortar after 2 shoots fired, set up killing field traps, use cover to flank, etc.

The problem is German players are adapting as well, they know that you cannot come close range to LMG gren, they will defeat you on open and if you stay in cover they can just move up MG42 to pin you or mortar your ass.

120mm mortar was very effective in 2v2 for 1 day, until most German players figured out that mortar HT is like a God unit currently. Pretty much impossible to kill in 2v2 with decent support.

Problem is, I play with Soviets and I try every possible tactic and build to defeat German players who didn't adapt, don't use cover well, they still charge units in green cover and I have a very hard time defeating someone with poor micro with very good micro.

I play as German, I just wipe the floor with someone who doesn't micro excellent

That my friend isn't balanced game.
1 Apr 2014, 09:38 AM

I have a very hard time defeating someone with poor micro with very good micro.

I play as German, I just wipe the floor with someone who doesn't micro excellent

That my friend isn't balanced game.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight