Login

russian armor

Russians on Western Front? Really?

PAGES (7)down
29 Mar 2014, 18:23 PM

You're making this seem too ridiculous as if it was Germans and Americans fighting soviets. It's not like that at all. They were co-belligerents. We should take out moscow outskirts from multiplayer since the game takes place in 1944 right? Same with the majority of the maps. It's a video game, not a documentary or some movie.
A map name is different to a whole faction. Moscow outskirts could also be some village in Poland in 1944.

A whole faction alongside another who never ever fought together is stupid.

Imagine you have a nice European looking map and suddenly while you are chasing off the Germans from that Belgian village in the snow, the Japanese start a Banzai charge! Yeah, cool! I´m in the middle of WW2. (- And at this point, the gaming experience is so fucked up, that I wouldn´t even mind nazi ufos flying over the map and dropping laser beams.)
29 Mar 2014, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 18:10 PMspajn

LOL!!! so you think just because panzer elite has the word "elite" in it and panzer lehr was an elite unit its the same?? hahaha.

How the FUCK do you know panzer elite is not 1st SS-Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler?

thanks for a good laugh

No because they are called Panzer Lehr Division in the campaign and their units say stuff like "Kampfgruppe Lehr ready for battle"
29 Mar 2014, 18:38 PM
Donator 11

Yeah lol lets have 10:1 ration army size in soviet favour because its realistic lol!! Multiplayer takes place around 1943-1945 right? kk germany was losing then so germany should lose everygame because its immersive lol!

Why is there no MG-34 in this game? it was more common than Mg42.. what about the immersion??!?! How come sniper one shots but Kar98 doesnt??! the sniper uses g43 rifle right?, kar98 should be more powerful yet it doesnt one shot what about THAT immersion???

Why can we have Tiger tanks in moscow outskirts?? Tiger didnt see action before 1942 and german army reached moscow 1941.. and why is there IS2 on that map?? where is my immersion???.. OMG why not just do nazi ufos with v9 rockets lolz!!!

/sarcasm
29 Mar 2014, 18:43 PM

In the end there isnt much to discuss here: Some people dont care, others do.

For me CoH isnt about realism but still about immersion. Just like some movies: Im fine with Band of Brothers, Saving private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates. They are entertainment, just like Company of Heroes.

But I'd still be annoyed if the soviets would land on omaha in the first scene of SPR. I dont watch them to learn things about WW2 and yet I do want some basics to be right.

29 Mar 2014, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 18:38 PMspajn
Yeah lol lets have 10:1 ration army size in soviet favour because its realistic lol!! Multiplayer takes place around 1943-1945 right? kk germany was losing then so germany should lose everygame because its immersive lol!

Why is there no MG-34 in this game? it was more common than Mg42.. what about the immersion??!?! How come sniper one shots but Kar98 doesnt??! the sniper uses g43 rifle right?, kar98 should be more powerful yet it doesnt one shot what about THAT immersion???

Why can we have Tiger tanks in moscow outskirts?? Tiger didnt see action before 1942 and german army reached moscow 1941.. and why is there IS2 on that map?? where is my immersion???.. OMG why not just do nazi ufos with v9 rockets lolz!!!

/sarcasm

/flawed logic

rather.

Nobody ever said that the game should be perfectly realistic.
29 Mar 2014, 18:44 PM
Donator 11

No because they are called Panzer Lehr Division in the campaign and their units say stuff like "Kampfgruppe Lehr ready for battle"

pioneers say "you want some thing built? or blown up?" yet they dont blow anything up.. so its stuff they put in the game at first and later took out but didnt bother change the voiceacting but fact remains, they dont blow anything up and panzer elite is not panzer lehr...

maybe panzer elite was meant to be panzer Lehr at an early stage but ultimately they changed their minds.. they named them panzer elite.. a division that never existed so as i said the name and in the end, the faction, is fantasy.
29 Mar 2014, 18:47 PM
Donator 11

/flawed logic

rather.

Nobody ever said that the game should be perfectly realistic.

then why cant us and soviet fight together? they were allies and their armies met up together in germany before the war was over.
29 Mar 2014, 18:47 PM

A map name is different to a whole faction. Moscow outskirts could also be some village in Poland in 1944.

A whole faction alongside another who never ever fought together is stupid.

Imagine you have a nice European looking map and suddenly while you are chasing off the Germans from that Belgian village in the snow, the Japanese start a Banzai charge! Yeah, cool! I´m in the middle of WW2. (- And at this point, the gaming experience is so fucked up, that I wouldn´t even mind nazi ufos flying over the map and dropping laser beams.)

Again, over exaggerating.
29 Mar 2014, 18:50 PM

Again, over exaggerating.
Soviets fighting among US is stupid in the same way. Imagine a nice duell between a Tiger and an IS-2. And then a Hellcat comes by and finishes it? Incredibly dumb.
29 Mar 2014, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 18:47 PMspajn

then why cant us and soviet fight together? they were allies and their armies met up together in germany before the war was over.
Germany and Soviet Union were allied too at the start of the war. At least they worked together, splitting Poland and stuff. Why shouldn´t they be able to team up? What does make that scenario less laughable than US and Svoiet troops standing next to each other fighting?
29 Mar 2014, 18:51 PM

In the end there isnt much to discuss here: Some people dont care, others do.

For me CoH isnt about realism but still about immersion. Just like some movies: Im fine with Band of Brothers, Saving private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates. They are entertainment, just like Company of Heroes.

But I'd still be annoyed if the soviets would land on omaha in the first scene of SPR. I dont watch them to learn things about WW2 and yet I do want some basics to be right.

This, am I not going to watch movies such as inglorious basterds since they killed hitler in the end. Or am I not going to watch Schindler's list or titanic since some of those things didn't actually happen. Hell no. I watch that movie for entertainment. It's not 100 percent realistic or immersive, but at least it isn't over exaggerated.
29 Mar 2014, 18:52 PM

The distinction between Panzer Elite and Wehr in vcoh is nonsensical.

Panzer Elite is supposed to replicate some of the units and activities of a Panzer division: armored recon battalion (the armored cars/halftracks of PE), mechanized infantry battalion (halftracks, AT halftracks, mortar halftracks,etc.), motorized infantry (Panzergrenadiers), the Panzerjaeger battalion (Marders, self propelled artillery (Hummels), SP anti-aircraft batteries (Wirbelwind) and the Panzer regiment (Panthers).

Wehr is basically a sprinking of the german army and put together into a miss mash. There are squads/units from various formations put together called 'Wehr'.

For instance you have SS Panzergrenadiers (stormtroopers), volksgrenadiers and grenadiers together which is odd.
29 Mar 2014, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 18:44 PMspajn

pioneers say "you want some thing built? or blown up?" yet they dont blow anything up.. so its stuff they put in the game at first and later took out but didnt bother change the voiceacting but fact remains, they dont blow anything up and panzer elite is not panzer lehr...

maybe panzer elite was meant to be panzer Lehr at an early stage but ultimately they changed their minds.. they named them panzer elite.. a division that never existed so as i said the name and in the end, the faction, is fantasy.

Yes they can blow stuff up. And yes the Panzer Elite is supposed to be Panzer Lehr and yes: A name is still something different than nation mixing.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2014, 18:47 PMspajn

Because they never fought together.

For some people thats enough to break the immersion. For others riflemen with m16s would break the immersion and then there are people who already hate the game because of wrong uniforms.

Its personal preference.
29 Mar 2014, 18:53 PM

Germany and Soviet Union were allied too at the start of the war. At least they worked together, splitting Poland and stuff. Why shouldn´t they be able to team up?

Great, another logical fallacy. The United States and Soviet Union were actually co-belligerents till end of the war. Why are their Polish Partisans fighting with the soviet army in the multiplayer. Even though the Soviet Union later screwed them over. Yet I don't hear you complaining. You're again, over exaggerating.

The Americans and Soviet Union never fought side by side. I know that's true. But honestly who cares. You're just that minority who cries about something when something is inaccurate when we all know it.
29 Mar 2014, 18:58 PM

Great, another logical fallacy. The United States and Soviet Union were actually co-belligerents. Why are their Polish Partisans fighting with the soviet army in the multiplayer. Even though the Soviet Union later screwed them over. Yet I don't hear you complaining.
Ah, so the fact that USA and Soviet Union didn´t have anything to do with each other, didn´t fight together and the only thing that happened was that the US sent them supplies, is enough to match them together? Because of that invisible bond that they were Allies?
29 Mar 2014, 19:01 PM

Ah, so the fact that USA and Soviet Union didn´t have anything to do with each other, didn´t fight together and the only thing that happened was that the US sent them supplies, is enough to match them together? Because of that invisible bond that they were Allies?

Yes, they didn't fight side by side like the Muricans did with the British. But they didn't betray each other like the Nazis did with the Soviets. Yes, it's unrealistic, but who cares. They were in the same continent and next to each other by end of the war. Unlike your stupid argument with japan. The United States fighting side by side with the Soviets would be significantly more realistic than Germans and Japanese fighting side by in the eastern front. That's my point. You're just over exaggerating since you want to find something to cry about.
29 Mar 2014, 19:02 PM

BUT THEY MET A FEW TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

#logic
29 Mar 2014, 19:02 PM

Why the hell not. People always made excuses that Russians are played like Americans. Just deal with it.
29 Mar 2014, 19:04 PM

Yes, it's unrealistic, but who cares.

I do, some people do. You dont, and thats fine. That doesent mean that those who do are "wrong" in any way though.

They were in the same continent and next to each other by end of the war. Unlike your stupid argument with japan.

See? Thats where you draw the line. And others draw the line somewhere else, i.e. allies should have fought together if they fight together in CoH2.
29 Mar 2014, 19:05 PM
Patrion 310

Yes they can blow stuff up. And yes the Panzer Elite is supposed to be Panzer Lehr and yes: A name is still something different than nation mixing.

Because they never fought together.

For some people thats enough to break the immersion. For others riflemen with m16s would break the immersion and then there are people who already hate the game because of wrong uniforms.

Its personal preference.

The M16 wasn't invented until 20 years later. Riflemen with M16's isn't anything to do with immersion, it is fantasy and even if you stretch the truth a stupid amount, it still doesn't make sense.

What I don't understand is all these people complaining about immersion and realism, why do they play the game where every unit has infinite ammo? Where tanks tank 3+ shots to kill or the fact that infantry take several bullets to die. How about the fact that infantry become suppressed by an MG - in real life you can still run at it if you are crazy enough. The majority of the game isn't realistic. Should the Americans get a nuke because they had them in real life and even used them. Should it be GG for Germans @ 30 minutes because Americans unlocked a nuke? If the game was realistic it would simply suck and would be so imbalanced it would be insane. Every game would end up the same, Germany losing. It is realistic after all.

Edit: Could anyone upset about Soviets and Americans playing together please post their player card. I am interested to see something.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS