Login

russian armor

Standalone America + Germany DLC

PAGES (9)down
28 Mar 2014, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:46 PMBurts

go play starcraft II, this is a WW2 rts for a reason. If they really enable sovs+ US matches in one game i will quit the game.
Retarded.

go play with miniatures or read a history book, this is a competitive rts for a reason. If they really don't enable sovs+US matches i will quit the game.
Retarded.

See? There are two sides to the argument. I'm not really calling you retarded btw, just mirroring your statement. I can appreciate that it's a WW2 game, and I would want the single player to be accurate, but if you want CoH to be regarded as a true competitive game, then limiting options for matches seems counter-intuitive. I dunno, I find it fun either way but this is the first community for a competitive game I've ever seen want to limit options to the player to benefit 'historical realism'.
It's like if I was playing King of Fighters and demanded SNK not allow Terry to fight Andy because they are brothers in the storyline and it wouldn't make sense. Or my opponent can't pick the same character as me because it wouldn't work like that in real life.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:56 PMBurts

Well thats what i will apparently be doing. Or just doing 1v1 as sovs only. That way there is no americans. That might still work.

Everyone is free to find their own way to enjoy the game.

german faction was called 'obercommand west' if anyone was wondering.

i guess americans will just be that or USA
28 Mar 2014, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:54 PMQubix

MoW ? Wargame ? why aren't you playing these kind of games when realism is so important to you ?
o_O

Those games are not more authentic than US+Sov in one team.
28 Mar 2014, 16:00 PM

Great news!
Did they say anything about the new factions - will they implement the same commandersystem as for soviets and ostheer?

They did say that the german faction is very unique in their new ressource system and how their tiers work and even how they capture territory ... now...thats gotta be an interesting faction to say the least :D
28 Mar 2014, 16:00 PM
Patrion 14

link in shout box:)
28 Mar 2014, 16:01 PM

Yes yes historical accuracy is one of the actually important aspects in a competitive multiplayer environment
28 Mar 2014, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:57 PMMadeMan

go play with miniatures or read a history book, this is a competitive rts for a reason. If they really don't enable sovs+US matches i will quit the game.
Retarded.

See? There are two sides to the argument. I'm not really calling you retarded btw, just mirroring your statement. I can appreciate that it's a WW2 game, and I would want the single player to be accurate, but if you want CoH to be regarded as a true competitive game, then limiting options for matches seems counter-intuitive. I dunno, I find it fun either way but this is the first community for a competitive game I've ever seen want to limit options to the player to benefit 'historical realism'.
It's like if I was playing King of Fighters and demanded SNK not allow Terry to fight Andy because they are brothers in the storyline and it wouldn't make sense. Or my opponent can't pick the same character as me because it wouldn't work like that in real life.

this is a competitive RTS? really? Well if its a competitive rts it is the WORST competitive rts of all time.

If i want to play a competitive RTS i buy starcraft.
28 Mar 2014, 16:02 PM

They did say that the german faction is very unique in their new ressource system and how their tiers work and even how they capture territory ... now...thats gotta be an interesting faction to say the least :D

That reads dangerously like how Brits were introduced to vCoH. ;)

Otherwise looks exciting!
28 Mar 2014, 16:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:46 PMBurts

go play starcraft II, this is a WW2 rts for a reason. If they really enable sovs+ US matches in one game i will quit the game.
Retarded.

Please do. This is a video game, not a history lesson.
28 Mar 2014, 16:08 PM

Where is Katitof?
28 Mar 2014, 16:11 PM

Where is Katitof?

You wont see him for a while :D

20% of the joy about the announcement for me comes from the fact that Katitof was wrong all along :D
28 Mar 2014, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:57 PMMadeMan

Retarded.

This is not a competitive RTS by any stretch of the imagination.
28 Mar 2014, 16:14 PM

Me too. I want an option in automatch to not have American and Soviet armies mixed. That would take me out of the game as too jarring.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 15:54 PMBurts

I have no problem 2 german armies. I have no problem about the expansion pack. I have no problem the new german army + old one playing together. I have a problem sovs+ US playing together.

I also have a problem with US on eastern front maps.
28 Mar 2014, 16:14 PM

Please do. This is a video game, not a history lesson.

Yeah, guess the new "crowd" just likes bullshit like war thunder ,WoT, and soon to be CoH2.
Well , i still have my hopes up for IL-2 BOS, atleast thats not going to be an ahistorical shitfest. I bet in 70 years we will have WW2 RTS games with 19th century weapons.

It is just sad seeing one of my favourite RTS get turned into complete dog crap.
28 Mar 2014, 16:16 PM

Ah - so now we know why they broke COH1.....
28 Mar 2014, 16:18 PM

This is very great news, i dont mind this mix, it would be fun, and remeber people, THIS IS A VIDEOGAME! not an History Class
28 Mar 2014, 16:22 PM

It would be worth while to pursue this if we want to support Relic financially.
28 Mar 2014, 16:23 PM
Benefactor 115

this is not a problem if the new maps make usa spawn on their left, germans in the middle and soviets on the right :p
28 Mar 2014, 16:24 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 16:02 PMBurts

this is a competitive RTS? really? Well if its a competitive rts it is the WORST competitive rts of all time.

If i want to play a competitive RTS i buy starcraft.

they should add 'east', 'west', or both option for sure
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight