Login

russian armor

L2P thread of post-patched Soviet

PAGES (8)down
27 Mar 2014, 20:07 PM

It is a psychological issue. No russian wants to play if germans just have to sit on their asses to win.

And what about that time when shocks and guards were 1cp? Oh look a shock squad making all the german T1 army retreat. I could easy say that oration you mentioned but backwards.
But no, I kept playing germans, no matter if soviets were EZ mode that time, I just keep playin and playin, and now Im happy about the coh2 right now. This is where the game should have started. (but nerf a bit pios, yes)
27 Mar 2014, 20:08 PM

Yeah... but the game is set in 1944.
Anyway, to be serious I want to warn all German fan boys - getting easy and brainless wins over and over again eventually gets really boring. Also, finding a team game with lobby disposition 98% to 2% will be taking quite long time.
Mark my words.
27 Mar 2014, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 20:08 PMtokarev
Also, finding a team game with lobby disposition 98% to 2% will be taking quite long time.
Mark my words.

Yep. Why should there exclusively be a learning curve for the Soviets? It's obvious Soviet's are at a disadvantage when threads like this exist and the lobby population are hovering 80%+ in Ost favor and will remain there until the next patch. Just look at the leaderboards between Ost and Soviets and their recent winstreaks.
27 Mar 2014, 20:34 PM

The Soviet Faction itself is poorly designed, which makes it very difficult to balance. In some ways it's even worse than the British faction in vCoH. Relic really needs to completely redesign the Soviet faction. The faction itself is not that fun to play with compared to the Germans. The faction is just ruined because of it's terribly designed abilities.
27 Mar 2014, 20:38 PM

Yep. Why should there exclusively be a learning curve for the Soviets? It's obvious Soviet's are at a disadvantage when threads like this exist and the lobby population are hovering 80%+ in Ost favor and will remain there until the next patch. Just look at the leaderboards between Ost and Soviets and their recent winstreaks.

ummm no when sovs had 1cp gaurds and shocks which gave them a HUGE advantage, there was still more people playing germans. sov whinegirls stop with that bs. i bet there would still be more germans if relic gave you turds an invincible unit. you would still whine.
27 Mar 2014, 20:54 PM

Nobody is whining. We only want to address to a vivid disbalance in current meta.
I will personally switch to OH side just because playing with OH is the only way to enjoy the game. I am living a very busy life, and with 60+ work schedule and night classes at communtiy college I simply don't have enough time for getting my ass whooped by players with less skills and experience. I don't want to get angry over this.
I just simply follow the flow.
27 Mar 2014, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 20:54 PMtokarev
Nobody is whining. We only want to address to a vivid disbalance in current meta.
I will personally switch to OH side just because playing with OH is the only way to enjoy the game. I am living a very busy life, and with 60+ work schedule and night classes at communtiy college I simply don't have enough time for getting my ass whooped by players with less skills and experience. I don't want to get angry over this.

1+

Same here
27 Mar 2014, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 20:54 PMtokarev

well now you know how us Ost players felt with 1 cp gaurds and shocks for 3 months. you really didnt need any tactical or micro skills as sovs before this patch, just spam. so i will admit it is too early to tell if Ost has the upper hand right now, however this is a much needed learning lesson to the sov players, that cover and tactics are now more important than ever, like vCOH.
27 Mar 2014, 21:24 PM

well now you know how us Ost players felt with 1 cp gaurds and shocks for 3 months. you really didnt need any tactical or micro skills as sovs before this patch, just spam. so i will admit it is too early to tell if Ost has the upper hand right now, however this is a much needed learning lesson to the sov players, that cover and tactics are now more important than ever, like vCOH.

balance its a Developers task, not the players, they should not be blamed for poor design. This is not about factions, germans or sov, this is about poor game mechanics, bad balance, bad design, etc...

its always the same history, they release a new patch and then one faction is stronger than another and so on...
27 Mar 2014, 21:38 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I played only 2 games with germans since patch, both easy win, no fun.
So I played soviets, like 30+ games now, all 1v1. Went from rank ~30 to 100 in a hopeless losing streak, winning only when I met really different skill players.
But I'm finally slowly understanding how soviets have to be played now, and am climbing the ladder again.

Use cover, don't charge, etc etc, this has been said again again.
But I'll give you other things I noticed.
1. You will need ammo, way more than before. Plant mines and demos as soon as you can. Use oorah to charge or escape an engagement.
Do not hesitate to build an ammo cache if you can afford it.
2. Flamers are your friends. They will stop pio/pgren charge and make them crawl instead of charging you, and they also deal more damage vs units in cover (if I'm not mistaking).
3. Pio are overestimated. Sure, they will win 1v1 vs cons if they are close, but if they have to close in while cons focus them, they will lose. So, stay calm, do not charge them, and you should be fine.
4. Counter to german scout car => mines. Plant mines. I know, I said it yet, but I'll say it again, plant fucking mines everywhere.
5. You'll have to lose to learn new soviets, deal with it. Forget your so beautiful winning streak and stats, play, lose, and learn from it. Then you'll start to win.

Nice post. Definitely agree that people just need to step back and re-evaluate.
27 Mar 2014, 22:30 PM

god i hate commie fangirls. thank god they are too dumb to use cover and tactics. so much fun getting revenge for the easy mode soviet spam ran around with shocks and kill all german infantry. ahhh yes let the tears flow. comrade stalin will have to hand out free passes to his moustache rides to calm the hordes of sov whinegirls.

You are happy because now the strat for your comprehension level works.
I will personally hold a bucket for your tears when tank combat gets same treatment and your a-move armor will be in danger. Difference is I will adapt and you will run here whining lika a sissy for nerfs on soviets like you always do.
27 Mar 2014, 22:39 PM

When top players with both factions don't touch Soviets post-patch you have to stop feigning ignorance and admit that something is wrong with this game...
27 Mar 2014, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 22:30 PMKatitof

You are happy because now the strat for your comprehension level works.
I will personally hold a bucket for your tears when tank combat gets same treatment and your a-move armor will be in danger. Difference is I will adapt and you will run here whining lika a sissy for nerfs on soviets like you always do.

lol no sorry. its you soviet whinegirls that are failing to adapt moron.
28 Mar 2014, 00:26 AM

Now look, all of you guys can say adapt and learn to play, but if you honestly think the game is balanced even when the balance developers admitted that it's unbalanced, you're delusional and naive.

This is why no one takes this forum seriously and remains irrelevant. It's just filled with people who only play one faction and whines about the other. They say learn to play as a faction even though they never touch the other faction.

The same crap happened during the beta. Certain Danish moderators on the sega forum began removing threads when ever a tester stated constructive criticism about certain tanks. (When Panthers had same HP and frontal armor as the tiger)

I'm going to be honest though. Yes, though I agree that majority of people who complain here aren't using proper cover and continue to use the same tactics. They're right about one thing, this patch highly favors the germans. Either way, I can just use 1 to 2 units and not even try. It has came to the situation where I could just half-*** my micro and watch tv on the other monitor, while my opponent attempts to combat me. The whole new cover and damage profile favors germans.

Just watch high skilled players stream and you will understand if you're open minded.

Though this game is heading into the right direction for once. In higher ranked coh2 gameplay, the game is basically unplayable and one sided.

Also, ps. Wiking, you should be the last person saying l2p, you mortar your own units, don't get minesweepers when you see a bunch of mines, badly support your units, and just overall a bad player. I say this since all you do is come here and tell people to l2p when an Medium AI is better than you.
28 Mar 2014, 00:28 AM

Changes need to be made, sure, but this isn't the apocalypse for soviet players and is definitely no worse than 1cp shock troops German players had to endure.
28 Mar 2014, 00:31 AM

Changes need to be made, sure, but this isn't the apocalypse for soviet players and is definitely no worse than 1cp shock troops German players had to endure.

1 cp shock troopers were bad but no where as bad as windustry when it first released. 1 CP shocks weren't bad in 1 vs 1 matches but in 2 vs 2 it was awful.
28 Mar 2014, 00:48 AM

Penal with flamer upgrade, really good. Backed by guards. And use maxims moving with your troops. And use cover.
28 Mar 2014, 01:02 AM

all those people saying you need to 'step back and re-evaluate'

sure, let's do that. we can come up with new tactics.
but stuff like, 100% ON THE BALL MINING, DEMO CHARGES, AND FLANKS FOR DAYS is a lot more micro intensive than what the Germans have to do

IE: attack move grens

and that's why i'm frustrated, maybe it's not that soviets are too hard. i think they're cool, and the new system could be cool... but germans are too easy.. there is not enough room for fault for the german player...

understand what i mean? i know i come off childish but i post on these forums at ungodly hours so i might seem a bit weird
28 Mar 2014, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2014, 00:48 AMBeWee
Penal with flamer upgrade, really good. Backed by guards. And use maxims moving with your troops. And use cover.

I love Penals now also. They are now the backbone infantry for Soviets now for me. Guards are great also.
28 Mar 2014, 01:40 AM
Donator 11

I think soviet early game is fine, just use conscripts as rifleman in vcoh... ITS RIFLEMEN WITH OORAH!!!

You can easily get in closecombat with oorah and conscripts win grenadier in closecombat now.. and if grenadier have LMG just molotov to keep them moving and you will win the fight, noneed to bring 2 cons for 1 gren

If they use assgrens just use ppsh cons, they win the fight if assgrens charge.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Russian Federation 37
South Africa 1
Germany 397
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W