Login

russian armor

L2P thread of post-patched Soviet

PAGES (8)down
27 Mar 2014, 04:04 AM

If someone still claiming
"WTF, I played more than 500 hours in COH2, I don't need to L2P, and FUCK U it is totally broken",
I don't care

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2014, 13:40 PMPorygon

L2P

Soviet easy mode ended, just giving you guys some tips how to adapt.

(1) Vs Pios
Yeah, Pio are scary, so Chunk Norris Pio that can eat Guards alive, Thank you. We know that.
Excuse me, what do you do against Assgren and PG before? Stay in green cover, don't move. If Pio charge, they die. If you charge Pio in cover, you die. Plain easy. Charge brainlessly into Pio like before? You pay the price.

(2) Vs Grens
Since day 1 of COH2, you need 2 Cons to win a fight with 1 Gren, it is the same post-patched. Just make sure you don't get out of cover and lolotov like before. You are fine.

(3) Vs Assgren
Same method, keep your men together (but not blob). Stay in cover, stay in distance, flank them so at least his cover not protecting from two squad. You force retreat assgren. Stall and avoid them until you have enough men to engage them.

(4) Vs PG
More squishy than before. LOL, F-O-C-U-S-F-I-R-E

(5) Vs 222
Mines, covers, or just blob. PE elite driver and gunner from France had joined the Ostheer 222 department. They are no longer crap that you can oohwa AT nade and boom crap. You know how to play against PE 222, just do that.

(6) Flamer 251
RIP 25 Mar 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Soviet Units

(1) Cons
Just forget your old easy mode, blob, charge, riot, lolotov mindlessly. Stay in cover, make sure 2 cons stay together force retreat lone Grens or Pios, spam sandbag for your good and use as light "tank trap". 222 and 251 can't pass through it, but so as your M3, M5, T70. You see two Grens with your lone Cons? Just retreat or lose it.

(2) Penals
These pe_is squad are now the new Cons, backbone infantry now. Use them like what you do with Shocks before (but with covers), Grens would have a hard time.

(3) Guards
WTF those DP28 are now meat grinder. Use it. Stay in cover and watch them eat everything alive. And just don't move while shooting.

(4) Shocks
Only useful in ambush for their meh cost, use them like Neo squad before, you are fucked

(5) M3
Flamer M3? Use it with high caution, they are no longer so cheap that losing it is nothing. Only use when you know there is a lone Pio/Gren/MG42 around, or put a penal into it and use it like 222.

Avoid playing Stalingrad and Minsk Pocket until you familiar with them because these two map are too ugly that covers exist in illogical way (green cover in the centre of road, you fucking kidding me?), there is no obvious sign of covers.
27 Mar 2014, 04:37 AM

Okay it's entertaining at least

Do you think there's justification for this stuff such as pio's being so much better than combat engies or grenadiers being so much more useful than conscripts? Or the soviet scout car being so bad in comparison?

I hope we can still discuss here despite you stating in your opening paragraph that you will disregard other opinions :)
27 Mar 2014, 04:43 AM

+1 for entertainment purposes!
27 Mar 2014, 05:00 AM

LOL

you seriously believe that this patch is 'balanced?'

that's a blatant joke.
i'm sorry porygon, you're either trolling, or really really ignorant

if you're playing against a germ player who knows what he's doing.
you
simply
can't
win

conscripts and penals are too large of squads to take cover properly, maybe 2-3 of them are actually in cover, and the rest are LOL STANDING OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE

pioneers can take on conscripts 100%
why even build grens? because they're a insult to injury + YOU MIGHT NEED PANZERFAUSTS IF THE SOVJET PLAYER IS STOOPID ENOUGH TO BUILD A HORRIBLE EXPENSIVE SCOUT CAR

penals have horrible DPS, like super horrible for their cost, and they only sometimes can face off against grens, and as soon as they pop that battlphase 2 and 60 munis upgrade for that lmg you're basically GG for all infantry combat

we really need modding support.
it'l take relic like 2-3 months to make another patch, if we had a dedicated elite mod team, they'd fix all imba they made within a day or two.

27 Mar 2014, 06:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 04:04 AMPorygon

(2) Vs Grens
Since day 1 of COH2, you need 2 Cons to win a fight with 1 Gren, it is the same post-patched.

You allways whine about early Soviets dominace and now this. :rolleyes:
Senior Moderator Badge

He is just trolling, but with a little grain of truth nevertheless.

And now German easy mode has started. <444>_<444>

(Why are all the smileys smart alecky faces?)
27 Mar 2014, 06:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 06:22 AMAradan

You allways whine about early Soviets dominace and now this. :rolleyes:

I used 3 to 1 ratio as Soviet before, while I play ofc.
27 Mar 2014, 06:38 AM

Surprisingly you have -2 on Soviets now? Although everything is easy mode?

Or you haven't even played the new patch and you're just giving pro tips?
27 Mar 2014, 06:47 AM

It's always great to get pro advice on Soviet strategies (not even stategies, but whatever) from a guy who plays the Germans almost five times more frequently :D Keep trolling, brother ^___^
27 Mar 2014, 06:57 AM

Really love all this QQ. Before Ostheer need to outmicro Soviet to win, now reverse. :rolleyes:
27 Mar 2014, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2014, 04:04 AMPorygon
If someone still claiming
"WTF, I played more than 500 hours in COH2, I don't need to L2P, and FUCK U it is totally broken",
I don't care

Soviet easy mode ended, just giving you guys some tips how to adapt.

(1) Vs Pios
Yeah, Pio are scary, so Chunk Norris Pio that can eat Guards alive, Thank you. We know that.
Excuse me, what do you do against Assgren and PG before? Stay in green cover, don't move. If Pio charge, they die. If you charge Pio in cover, you die. Plain easy. Charge brainlessly into Pio like before? You pay the price.

(2) Vs Grens
Since day 1 of COH2, you need 2 Cons to win a fight with 1 Gren, it is the same post-patched. Just make sure you don't get out of cover and lolotov like before. You are fine.

(3) Vs Assgren
Same method, keep your men together (but not blob). Stay in cover, stay in distance, flank them so at least his cover not protecting from two squad. You force retreat assgren. Stall and avoid them until you have enough men to engage them.

(4) Vs PG
More squishy than before. LOL, F-O-C-U-S-F-I-R-E

(5) Vs 222
Mines, covers, or just blob. PE elite driver and gunner from France had joined the Ostheer 222 department. They are no longer crap that you can oohwa AT nade and boom crap. You know how to play against PE 222, just do that.

(6) Flamer 251
RIP 25 Mar 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Soviet Units

(1) Cons
Just forget your old easy mode, blob, charge, riot, lolotov mindlessly. Stay in cover, make sure 2 cons stay together force retreat lone Grens or Pios, spam sandbag for your good and use as light "tank trap". 222 and 251 can't pass through it, but so as your M3, M5, T70. You see two Grens with your lone Cons? Just retreat or lose it.

(2) Penals
These pe_is squad are now the new Cons, backbone infantry now. Use them like what you do with Shocks before (but with covers), Grens would have a hard time.

(3) Guards
WTF those DP28 are now meat grinder. Use it. Stay in cover and watch them eat everything alive. And just don't move while shooting.

(4) Shocks
Only useful in ambush for their meh cost, use them like Neo squad before, you are fucked

(5) M3
Flamer M3? Use it with high caution, they are no longer so cheap that losing it is nothing. Only use when you know there is a lone Pio/Gren/MG42 around, or put a penal into it and use it like 222.

Avoid playing Stalingrad and Minsk Pocket until you familiar with them because these two map are too ugly that covers exist in illogical way (green cover in the centre of road, you fucking kidding me?), there is no obvious sign of covers.

+1
27 Mar 2014, 07:17 AM
27 Mar 2014, 07:31 AM

Funny thread by funny poster.

Entertaining tho.
27 Mar 2014, 07:45 AM
Patrion 15

Honestly though, you guys should try going T1, Conscript, Penal, M3, Penal, Conscript, Guard, 120mm, T2, maxim/atg, wait for dual T34/85s....its pretty baws. Micro your Scout car just out of range of grens, use it really agressivly against the people building more than 1 pio, and think outside the box. Works quite well.
27 Mar 2014, 07:47 AM
Donator 22

I like the new patch. It is going into the right direction...
27 Mar 2014, 07:52 AM

I like the new patch. It is going into the right direction...

+1
27 Mar 2014, 08:03 AM

fix pios and we have close to a good patch
27 Mar 2014, 08:23 AM

This is actually good advice. I don't know why there is so much hate.

27 Mar 2014, 08:46 AM

This is actually good advice. I don't know why there is so much hate.

It's not good advice. All he is saying is "you have to stick together and have double the manpower in any engagement, while your opponent is always splitting up his units". Note how he has zero solutions for what to do as soviets when your opponent just blobs it up with grens or pios or PGs or assgrens (anything works)

If you build T1 you will never have as much manpower as the germans, yet you're supposed to bring more manpower to any engagement to win it. That's a pretty impossible equation.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Poland 10
United States 6
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L