Login

russian armor

Random 2v2 - why Reilc? :(

Which style of 2v2 automatch queueing would you prefer?
Option Distribution Votes
48%
50%
2%
Total votes: 66
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Mar 2014, 22:35 PM

Hey guys :)

Does anyone else think that putting 2v2 AT and random 2v2 together was a terrible idea?
Coordinated teams seem near impossible to win against in some cases. And it's even worse given that there is no indication of the fact that you'll be facing an arranged team in a match :(

vCoH had two out of five (1, 2, 2AT, 3, 4) game modes rendered essensially unplayable due to bad map design and the overall balance paradigm (allies are strong in the early game, Whehr kicks in later). And now they seem to have managed to ruin random 2v2 as well :(

It gets rather frustrating. Does anyone else get this sentiment, or am i wrong on this one?

P.S.: didn't manage to find an appropriate place to put this topic, so Lobby it is :) Please move if it's inappropriate ;)
10 Mar 2014, 22:37 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The pool is too small to separate AT and random. The matchmaker just needs to be adjusted to so that AT teams are recognized as stronger.
10 Mar 2014, 22:39 PM
Benefactor 115

It's been like this since beta. I don't understand the fuss all of a sudden.
10 Mar 2014, 23:52 PM

I really, really prefer the mix of random and AT. It was impossible to play any 4v4,3v3 AT in vcoh but there are always matches in coh2, and it increases the amount of players in the pool in 2v2 meaning faster matching times all round.
10 Mar 2014, 23:54 PM

I think for competition sake 2v2 random and 2v2 AT should be separate. But as the game starts to lose momentum CoH2 should do what VCoH didn't do and combine the searches.
11 Mar 2014, 00:45 AM

Either go back to one rank or keep them separated totally. There is just no incentive to play random now. I am one of those freaks who enjoys random 2v2. It's a nice stress free casual mode that plays competitively with no worries about disappointing your partner, and you can always blame a loss on your random noob...

11 Mar 2014, 03:36 AM

It's been like this since beta. I don't understand the fuss all of a sudden.

This is the wrong forum to post this poll. See the qoute above. People only play in teams here and have no clue about randomteamgames.
I think the ladders getting better, even though you get some top--team-players sometimes. As long as you can have a 50% win rating its ok. So I think its fine as it is, but...

FFS!! relic reset the randomteamladders... It would be cool to see who is the best randomteammate in coh2.
11 Mar 2014, 03:55 AM

Mix it back because of LOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoONG waiting time
11 Mar 2014, 04:32 AM

It doesn't really matter, one way or the other.

If you are after balanced games, you wont get them through automatch (most of the time).

If you play this game for ranks primarily, get a teamate and you will rank up fast.
11 Mar 2014, 04:48 AM
Benefactor 115

This is the wrong forum to post this poll. See the qoute above. People only play in teams here and have no clue about randomteamgames.

Not at all, random teams were playing organised teams before the AT update to the ladder API. However no one complained about randoms playing organised teams until the update, so I don't understand the fuss people are making. Why now, why not at release or in beta when it was also the case?
11 Mar 2014, 05:39 AM
Patrion 15

I love random 2v2, and I don't mind the challenge of playing against a matched team. I do like that the ranks are seperated now though, because it means that my 2v2 random rank doesn't really mean as much, and makes it more of the casual game mode that I enjoy. There is nothing more satisfying than stomping a premade team w/ a random buddy. Just try to be positive with your partner at the start of the game and communicate well and you'll have a good chance of winning. I think alot of people give up on the loading screen when they see an AT.
11 Mar 2014, 06:44 AM

Not at all, random teams were playing organised teams before the AT update to the ladder API. However no one complained about randoms playing organised teams until the update, so I don't understand the fuss people are making. Why now, why not at release or in beta when it was also the case?

You seen people complain about Lobby, Elo matchmaking, people quitting games because of ranks/stars, asking for visible ranks, etc etc?

1+1 buddy, its the same basic problem. Just differently expressed
11 Mar 2014, 06:55 AM
Patrion 14

It seems a lot of people don't understand what the update really did and didn't do. As stated above nothing has changed since beta. It would be nice if was only at vs at, but it would split players searching and that's bad In my opinion.
11 Mar 2014, 08:18 AM

To the people wondering why did i start this poll now (and not at some point earlier) - it has nothing to do with the recent update. Well, maybe except the map list modifications that made 2v2 slightly better and therefore more appealing to play. Anyway, it's just that i've been playing it more often than before and have noticed how the matching works. For whatever reason i thought that the AT/RT separation exists but is just not shown in the interface :)

My approach to the 2v2 is very similar to Sluzbenik's one btw. I loved RT 2v2 in CoH because it was a more forgiving and casual (yet still mostly balanced) mode that allowed to have fun without getting too intensive. And now every one in three or four games is just immediate-drop-worthy. Not just due to AT of course, the pay-2-win factor chips in too.

I understand the point about the small pool though, so the separation is unreasonable to expect at any point. Maybe something along the lines of AmiPolizeiFunk's idea, if implemented, would help the current situation.
11 Mar 2014, 08:27 AM

@ipkaifung
people complain now because all the good players start with 0 elo again each time they play with a new friend.
So noobs/newbies/random meet a loooooot of good player team since Aftermath patch.

And no one likes to be powned and powned and powned again.

I know it will supposedly be better with time, but meanwhile, noob/newbies/random hate it. And I can totally understand that.

As Ami stated, the better idea would be to artificially increase the AT elo, like add +100 elo points or more.
11 Mar 2014, 11:51 AM

@ipkaifung
people complain now because all the good players start with 0 elo again each time they play with a new friend.
So noobs/newbies/random meet a loooooot of good player team since Aftermath patch.

I know it will supposedly be better with time, but meanwhile, noob/newbies/random hate it. And I can totally understand that.

As Ami stated, the better idea would be to artificially increase the AT elo, like add +100 elo points or more.

@Ipkai
This is exactly what I meant. I am a decent player but as a fresh player who just bought the game it must be terrible to meet skilledplayers game after game. Even my decent mate said he would quit the game after a massive loosing-streak. But as I said it seems the ladders are working ok again and you get matched-up against your own skilllevel.
11 Mar 2014, 16:29 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

We don't know exactly how the match maker works. If it is indeed the case that two highly ranked team players start at the base ELO when they play their first provisional 2v2 AT match and get matched up against a bunch of low ranked non-AT players, then the system is not taking advantage of the information that is available to it. It's perfectly understandable that people are upset by the matchmaker creating extreme mismatches. :(
11 Mar 2014, 17:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

@ipkaifung

+1 This guy understands.
11 Mar 2014, 18:25 PM

We don't know exactly how the match maker works. If it is indeed the case that two highly ranked team players start at the base ELO when they play their first provisional 2v2 AT match and get matched up against a bunch of low ranked non-AT players, then the system is not taking advantage of the information that is available to it. It's perfectly understandable that people are upset by the matchmaker creating extreme mismatches. :(

Aren't the first 10 games of new team a placement matches, matching players against other players of all skill levels to determine the starting point?
Worked like this in DoW2 and I consider it better then vCoH uber players starting from noob stomp level.
11 Mar 2014, 18:41 PM

I'm going to throw a Curve Ball here so ignore this if you just want to follow the main:

So, what i think about there not being 2v2at is horrid. I have well over 2000 hours of CoH1 experience and loved 2v2. But, unfortunately I have moved to the People's Republic since then. So, my current internet sucks. I have a LARGE amount of disputes because of me getting kicked from games, all of which were loses so don't rage. Every once in a while, however, I get a game with a couple good players, but, then I lag, and I get kicked. I know, my internet, my problem, but it is pretty lame when it happens, especially since I'm pretty damn good at this game, and can help a lot. So I think 2v2AT needs to be added so that players from, "certain places of the world," can better coordinate their lag and connection to other players. Just my, Shitty Internet, Chinese Request.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★