jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 16:28 PMOMGPOP
Does M10 still fire blanks on the move?

Yep.
11 Nov 2013, 17:18 PM

Because I have some time on my hands:

I like 12ocky's changes. Some points:

* Thompsons cost reduced to 80 munitions
* Rangers veterancy requirements to 8/16/32 from 12/24/44
Why do we need these? The Thompson buff just seems unnecessary, and rangers already got a pretty big buff, no need for them to vet up faster.

Rangers are the only unit with such high requirements for Vet, I feel there is no need for them to have higher vet requirements cause they are already heavy maintenance because of the highest upkeep and reinforce costs. In the current patch, Rangers add really little except for a last hope support versus pumas. One note to make is: They will be OP this way vs PE, the current way Soldier armor health and veterancy of PG's are. But I would change this aswell, only discussing Vcoh though.

* Grease gun moving burst from 1x to 1.5x (to match other smgs)
Will this change the pio-engie combat?

Not really, because you shoot yourself in the foot when you are moving around with dat kind of weapons, it will mostly help the flanking engineers, but it will still be not that much.

* Demo Charge research time from 60s to 30s
* Engineer vet requirements lowered to 8/14/26
These I like!

* Assault nades: removed => REWORKED: Now assault logistics. KCH start with Bundle grenade; When abilitiy is selected: Volksgrenadiers gain the ability to throw standard grenadier grenade + all Wehrmacht grenades and medic packs cost 5 munitions less on use (or they refund 5 munitions, if that's is easier to implement but i don't htink so). (Ideas are welcome for this ability, but the current assault grenades are too buggy in too many ways)
Just having volks be able to throw grenades seems fine to me.

* MG42 reinforce cost to 25mp (modifier set from 0.5x to 0,3x), Reinforce time 0.9x
* American HMG reinforce cost from 0.5x to 0.35x, reinforce time 0.9x
* American Mortar cost from 280mp to 260mp, reinforce cost from 0.5x to 0.3x, reinforce time 0.9x
* American Mortar veterancy requirements from 8/16/32 to 8/14/26
Not really sure about these, they just seem unnecessary. I do like that MG42s get back on the field quicker though. Maybe just keep the MG42 reinforce time buff?

Simple one this: Currently those support weapons are better to let them die off and picked up with Rifles and Volksgrenadiers and then reinforce, instead of just reinforce them. It's cheaper to reinforce the rifles and volksgrenadiers. + The rifles actually give better veterancy to the mortar. I just want to reward players who retreat their one men MG squad, instead of getting it killed and picked up later.

* Officer cost from 260mp to 210mp
* Officer arty barrage cost from 150m to 125m
Maybe also make officer build time quicker? That way, if you're floating MP you can quickly get T3, an officer and spend your MP.

With 25s it already has one of the quickest buildtimes (he was buffed in this area with patch 2.602) Sure you could lower it a bit more I guess.

* Airborne squad reinforce cost from 45 to 40 (0.72x to 0.64x)
* Satchel Charge cost from 50m to 45m
* Satchel Charge fuse from 5s to 4.5s
* American Barracks cost from 160/15 to 160/10
* WSC cost lowered from 180/15 to 160/10
* American Sniper reload from 3s to 4s
* Supply yard lvl 1 decreased upkeep amount from 27.5% to 30%
* Supply yard lvl price lowered from 200/140 to 150/130 (I left out the research time buff, which I like)
* 88mm Flak 36 health from 325hp to 375hp
* KT now costs a straight 1000mp (no more mp penalty)
* Volksgrenadier MP40 Fire On The Move Accuracy modifier from 0.2x to 0.3x
* Halftrack fuel cost from 20 to 25
All these changes just seem so unnecessary and small that all they can do is confuse people.

*Again like with Rangers, Airborne are a bit lacking in 1v1
(In 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4 they can be great assets though) cause of the great manpower costs ; the satchel charge changes are just to make it feel a bit better. They are weaker than demos, and their damage isn't that superb. Just wanted to give Satchel a tiny buff.
*Barracks and WSC, a lower fuel cost to make it more rewarding to play T1 T2 with combined forces, and your fuel is 5 units closer to teching t3 for that all needed ATG + You forgot to mention starting fuel lowered by 5. (It's also related to the FHQ buff).
*When a Sniper reloads (or any other unit), it skips cooldown making it look like it can fire 2x sometimes.
*Halftrack fuel cost increase was to decrease the dominance of T2 rush against British, but dat was back when I made changes for all 4 factions. Now I was just focused on Vcoh. Am gonna leave this for now though.
*Volksgrenadiers MP40 change is needed, they are sub machine guns but their accuracy while moving is extremely terrible.
*Flak health i don't know why I made that change, maybe had something to do with ATG's 2 shotting it or something. I'll remove it for now.
*King Tiger; (I gave it a tiny buff) Well it now currently costs a ~1000mp aswell (500 + ~500 through crippled economy). I just want to make it stop trapping yourself. Wow a KT for 500mp what a bargain; but after that your economy is so crippled u can't reinforce anymore or build support units for your KT.
Gameplaywise it will feel a lot better, and it will make you think about your choice to go with it or not, now people always go for it, sometimes it ends up being the nail in their coffin.

* LMG 42 search radius from 3/4/5 to 3/6/9
Could you tell me what this means? I'm not familiar with the search radius. I do think the LMG42 needs a buff though, 75 munis is just too much an investment for what you get.

It's the radius to where incremental accuracy applies: the more enemies in this area, the more accurate the gun will become. + I agree it needs a price reduction.

Other changes are nice, especially the ones for the crab flail, M4 smoke, Jeep, sniper upkeep and rifle reinforce.
11 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

Thanks for the clarification :) I have to agree with the weapon crews. US elite infantry is kind of weird because they're not that great vs. Wehr but a lot better vs. PE.
11 Nov 2013, 20:11 PM

BARTON PRESIDENT !
14 Nov 2013, 15:20 PM

I think If we started discussing brit and PE balance, It would take around 20 years for the discussion to end, on an okayish balance.
14 Nov 2013, 21:05 PM

2 Days, 3 patches for Coh2.

2 years, no patch for Coh1.

yeah keep pretending it takes time. yeah for sure, if 1 guy works 20 minutes every two weeks, then it really takes time.
15 Nov 2013, 10:09 AM

2 Days, 3 patches for Coh2.

2 years, no patch for Coh1.

yeah keep pretending it takes time. yeah for sure, if 1 guy works 20 minutes every two weeks, then it really takes time.

You forgot to mention 3 good patches, with complete shit commanders :D and 2 years ultra minor hotfix.

As long as we don't get a patch that makes vehicle deployment in the armor doctrine allow for a 5 minute m8.
15 Nov 2013, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 17:18 PM12ocky
*King Tiger; (I gave it a tiny buff) Well it now currently costs a ~1000mp aswell (500 + ~500 through crippled economy). I just want to make it stop trapping yourself. Wow a KT for 500mp what a bargain; but after that your economy is so crippled u can't reinforce anymore or build support units for your KT. Gameplaywise it will feel a lot better, and it will make you think about your choice to go with it or not, now people always go for it, sometimes it ends up being the nail in their coffin.

I don't like this. Most people should be aware of the mp drain by now.
In my case, I only call a KT after calling 1 to 2 extra squads of volks, grens or mgs just to get "extra" units during the drain without the fear of losing a full squad in the process.

I'd prefer to keep the old one BUT add a new icon on the screen with a timer counting the minutes left before you get your mp flow back.
15 Nov 2013, 11:37 AM

And update the King Tiger call inn image, which relic was too lazy to replace...

One fix not named yet is the sniper blobbing:

- Add a cloaking delay modifier for snipers close to each other. Once they shoot, they do recloak abit slower. Remember that the biggest protection for snipers is their active cloaking. Otherwise snipers work as they should.
- Add 100% accuracy on countersnipe snipers, except retreating ones.
15 Nov 2013, 17:20 PM

And update the King Tiger call inn image, which relic was too lazy to replace...

One fix not named yet is the sniper blobbing:

- Add a cloaking delay modifier for snipers close to each other. Once they shoot, they do recloak abit slower. Remember that the biggest protection for snipers is their active cloaking. Otherwise snipers work as they should.
- Add 100% accuracy on countersnipe snipers, except retreating ones.

No just ... no
15 Nov 2013, 18:20 PM

For those interested, I've made a mod for CoH1. It's nothing as big as Rocky's list (which I think is good btw, but if you go and implement those all at once it'd be a clusterfuck) but it fixes a few key issues and I've added my own spin on a solution to the 'sniper problem'. If there's still any interest in actually having a playable copy of the mod, let me know and I can make a new thread.

changelog:
- M10 misfire bug fixed
- Stormtrooper exploit fixed
- Strafe no longer multiplies exponentially next to a base HQ
- Snipers now have a negative zeal radius of 20 (same as pioneer antispam) where recived accuracy modified by 1.5x for each additional sniper (20)
- Volksgrenadier reinforcement cost modifier back to 0.5x from 0.4x (24mp)
- King Tiger and Tiger immobilzaion chance from full (green) health by mine explosion removed YES
- OMCG now more reliable, will not give both an MG and a mortar at once, higher odds of extra rifle or M8 (removal or mortar and MG from 'step 3' of the unit pool)
- Stuh damage vs base buildings x0.75
- Pumas no longer do friendly fire
15 Nov 2013, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 17:20 PM12ocky

No just ... no

hardly an argument

- Stormtrooper exploit fixed

you mean running while cloaked?
15 Nov 2013, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 18:20 PMTommy

Cool, was it any hard to modify the files? Just wondering becuase I don't get why CoH1 was/is so hard to patch.
15 Nov 2013, 18:58 PM

I got a couple of more experienced modders to tell me where to go the first few times so I didn't accidentally make the KT fire V1's but essentially no, it's not difficult. I think the issue with patching CoH1 was mainly due to the fact that it was expensive to distribute a patch to XXX,000 people before Steam.
15 Nov 2013, 20:01 PM

Get that thing to fucking relic to get things done. One more out of 576 mods doesnt help the community.

Volx reinforcement costs according to their vet would be even better.
vet 0 volx have always low hp in the endgame and get raped by vetted bar rifles, no need to increase their reinforce costs.
15 Nov 2013, 21:14 PM

Can't believe Relic doesn't integrate mods, that completely fix, annoying bugs, or just let someone do the patch for them, with supervision on the changes.
15 Nov 2013, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 18:20 PMTommy
If there's still any interest in actually having a playable copy of the mod, let me know and I can make a new thread.

I would like to see a fix to the stag hmg too and after that a mail to relic with this mod. Implementing these changes should be easy possible with steam.
15 Nov 2013, 22:06 PM

I would like to see a fix to the stag hmg too and after that a mail to relic with this mod. Implementing these changes should be easy possible with steam.

In an earlier version I actually fixed the stag mg (made it like the mg on the M3 halftrack, so still better than a standard topgunner but it actually reloads) and AC detection, but it felt a bit contrived. Nobody actually plays OF in competitive games and nerfing the factions further won't change that. Really, the OF factions need whole new redesigns, but that's not what I'm going for here. I just want vanilla upgraded.
15 Nov 2013, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2013, 22:06 PMTommy

In an earlier version I actually fixed the stag mg (made it like the mg on the M3 halftrack, so still better than a standard topgunner but it actually reloads) and AC detection, but it felt a bit contrived. Nobody actually plays OF in competitive games and nerfing the factions further won't change that. Really, the OF factions need whole new redesigns, but that's not what I'm going for here. I just want vanilla upgraded.

dayum son, ure starting to sound like me. :p
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight