Login

russian armor

Recommended Commanders

28 Feb 2014, 11:21 AM

Hey guys! I need your opinions right now. In the next week, I'll be purchasing 4-6 commanders to broaden my options in 1v1's. My question is, which commanders would you suggest? I'd like to have your opinions if you guys have the time. I'm open to different play styles so all your opinions are welcome.

If you can, post your top 3 Ostheer commanders as well as your top 3 SU commanders. It would be a big plus if you could add why you chose these commanders and how you integrate them into your play style. Replays are also welcome so by all means, post them or link them if you can. Thanks in advance!
28 Feb 2014, 11:44 AM

Actually. Wait for the next CoH sale action and then buy them with 66% off or so IF you really want to spend money on them.
28 Feb 2014, 12:11 PM

For soviets I recommend Conscript support tactics. This doctrine is the best doctrine if you are planning on playing hyper aggressively. You start out with 4 conscripts, molotovs, medics, AT nades if needed, another conscript squad, T2, some support weapons, and finally T3 with T34 spam. The best thing about this doctrine is the combination of the conscript upgrades with rapid conscription. By popping rapid conscription, you can continue to bolster your infantry numbers while having enough MP for tanks at the same time. I've often had games where I had 7 conscript squads running around and still have the MP for tanks and support weapons.
28 Feb 2014, 12:18 PM

Permanently Banned
you can buy 4 commander for 2 euro, which contain joint operation, spearhead, cons support, and anti inf commander.
28 Feb 2014, 12:19 PM

Lightning War Doctrine, Terror Tactics and Spearhead Doctrine if you don't have it.
28 Feb 2014, 12:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Assault Grenadiers and Ostruppen both play very differnt to standard Germans[code][/code]
28 Feb 2014, 12:54 PM

Permanently Banned
buy advanced warfare and air supperiority
28 Feb 2014, 13:11 PM

Make sure you will use the commanders.
I'd advise Lightning war for germans(you can not go wrong with this doctrine) and advanced warfare for soviets then it gets back to the store as these are two best general use doctrines for both factions, basically you can't go wrong with them.
28 Feb 2014, 20:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

A better way to put this:

Why do you want more Commanders?

To improve your chances of winning? [Dons asbestos suit}

To give different experiences?

To give different strategies?

All of those have different answers?
28 Feb 2014, 21:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2014, 11:21 AMMVwhine
Hey guys! I need your opinions right now. In the next week, I'll be purchasing 4-6 commanders to broaden my options in 1v1's. My question is, which commanders would you suggest? I'd like to have your opinions if you guys have the time. I'm open to different play styles so all your opinions are welcome.

If you can, post your top 3 Ostheer commanders as well as your top 3 SU commanders. It would be a big plus if you could add why you chose these commanders and how you integrate them into your play style. Replays are also welcome so by all means, post them or link them if you can. Thanks in advance!

Assuming you are not going for a 'walk on the wild side' with Commanders like Ostruppen, or Partisans, stay stable with basic winners like SU Rifle Frontline Tactics, Soviet Shock Army or Terror Tactics; or Mechanised Assault Doctrine; Spearhead or Close Air Support doctrine
28 Feb 2014, 23:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

A better way to put this:

Why do you want more Commanders?

To improve your chances of winning? [Dons asbestos suit}

To give different experiences?

To give different strategies?

All of those have different answers?

This.
1 Mar 2014, 00:03 AM

I want more commanders because the current German ones are borefests. Forget a tiger ace, just give me a puma and some sturmtruppen and Ill be a happy camper.

By far the best doc for Sovs is Shocks,Inc barrage, kv8s and IS2s. That doc has everything you need in itself.

It is hard to choose any German docs. None , barring the forgone Tiger Ace, has any real punch. The most bang for your buck ones though are assgrens and ostruppen. Being able to call in inf, especially early, can help you ease into your more deadly tiers. The docs I would stay away from as Ostheer is the air ones. They provide you with menial anti infantry and horrible antitank capability and only really useful if you dont depend on doc abilities.
1 Mar 2014, 00:08 AM

There are many:

Elite Troops

Armored Assault or Advanced Warfare are a must

Luftwaffe Support

Mechanized support (one with Assault grenadiers, etc.)

Spearhead
1 Mar 2014, 05:01 AM
Patrion 27

Spearhead for German 1v1, Joint Operations for German team games.

Advanced Warfare for Soviets (when/if it is made available in the Steam store) otherwise I like Anti-Infantry and Mechanized Support Tactics.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 8
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment