russian armor

New Skillplanez

26 Feb 2014, 06:11 AM

120 muni Stuka Strafing Run:
Huge pin as usual

60 muni Stuka Strafing Run:
One pass, works like the US P-47, but without damage

180 muni IL-2 Strafing Run:
Not sure if RNG God cares about it now, sometimes it still squad wipe or just do no damage

90 muni IL-2 Strafing Run:
Why don't you call it a recon run? It does NO damage, no suppression at all.
There were a wounded Panzer 4, a Pak, a Gren without cover, skillplanez pass by above, they didn't retreat but no one was killed.
26 Feb 2014, 07:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I love the 60 muni Stuka Strafing Run. My 2v2 partner uses the Air Superiority commander in almost every game now and that strafe has saved more snipers, paks, and MGs than I can count. It doesn't really do any damage, but it is great at slowing or stopping flanks. Also, blobs of pinned infantry make for epic squish time.
26 Feb 2014, 07:49 AM

I love the 60 muni Stuka Strafing Run. My 2v2 partner uses the Air Superiority commander in almost every game now and that strafe has saved more snipers, paks, and MGs than I can count. It doesn't really do any damage, but it is great at slowing or stopping flanks. Also, blobs of pinned infantry make for epic squish time.

That is great indeed, the only downside is the ultra long cooldown.
26 Feb 2014, 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Many people still have nightmares about IL2, so for 90muni its a good way for forcing a retreat and deals decent damage for price.

Cheap airstrikes works better for me rather than the most expensive ones (besides 120muni stuka strafing run)

Q: does it look for targets if there is no units inside circle or LOS ?
I dont have the replay (pre-hotfix) but im quite sure Il2 targeted units inside north base Semois when i throw it on the cutoff.
26 Feb 2014, 09:12 AM

Many people still have nightmares about IL2, so for 90muni its a good way for forcing a retreat and deals decent damage for price.

Cheap airstrikes works better for me rather than the most expensive ones (besides 120muni stuka strafing run)

Q: does it look for targets if there is no units inside circle or LOS ?
I dont have the replay (pre-hotfix) but im quite sure Il2 targeted units inside north base Semois when i throw it on the cutoff.

If you place mark of airstrike, you can now see border circle. I think, airstrike dont go behind this border, but look for targets inside.
26 Feb 2014, 10:46 AM

the 90 muni il2 does indeed noting anymore the heavy deeps on the il2 is gone...
26 Feb 2014, 10:52 AM

the 90 muni il2 does indeed noting anymore the heavy deeps on the il2 is gone...

Suppress and kill some models. For me reasonable for the price.
26 Feb 2014, 11:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Has anyone been getting good results with the new German anti-tank strafe? I've seen it take a T-34 to 60% health and an SU-76 to 10% health, but most of the time it seems to do almost nothing.

Also, anyone have any details on it? Eg damage, penetration, how it chooses targets?
26 Feb 2014, 12:31 PM

Has anyone been getting good results with the new German anti-tank strafe? I've seen it take a T-34 to 60% health and an SU-76 to 10% health, but most of the time it seems to do almost nothing.

Also, anyone have any details on it? Eg damage, penetration, how it chooses targets?

​Update September 10th, 2013

JU-87 Anti-Tank Support
• Loiter radius area from 50 to 60
• Delay between attacks from 4s to 18s
• Target lead in distance from 12 to 10
• Target lead out distance from 6 to 5
• Loiter timer from 60s to 80s
• Duration time from 50s to 100s
• Recharge time from 90s to 190s
• Modified UI Barrage Radius to be more noticeable
• Damage from 100 to 80
• Cooldown from 0.25 to 0.125

Updates for November 12th, 2013

JU-87 Anti-tank Support
- Damage from 80 to 120
- Deflection damage enabled; now deals 80 damage on deflect
- Attacks per plane from 4 to 3

And as far as I know, it has target priority like other units. Like, armors will first engage armors, infantry will engage infantry etc. In this case, armor first, if not present, infantries.
26 Feb 2014, 13:25 PM

​Update September 10th, 2013

JU-87 Anti-Tank Support
• Loiter radius area from 50 to 60
• Delay between attacks from 4s to 18s
• Target lead in distance from 12 to 10
• Target lead out distance from 6 to 5
• Loiter timer from 60s to 80s
• Duration time from 50s to 100s
• Recharge time from 90s to 190s
• Modified UI Barrage Radius to be more noticeable
• Damage from 100 to 80
• Cooldown from 0.25 to 0.125

Updates for November 12th, 2013

JU-87 Anti-tank Support
- Damage from 80 to 120
- Deflection damage enabled; now deals 80 damage on deflect
- Attacks per plane from 4 to 3

And as far as I know, it has target priority like other units. Like, armors will first engage armors, infantry will engage infantry etc. In this case, armor first, if not present, infantries.

I don't think those stats apply to the single pass version. I have been trying them out primarily in 2v2 and the impact leaves a lot to be desired. It failed to kill an immobile Katyusha for example, leaving it at around 10% health. For reference, basically any tank round is capable of one shotting those, so that should put the damage in perspective.

I think in general the new airstrikes are a lot more interesting and usable, but some of them could use some refinement. I agree that the IL2 single pass is basically just for the "red flare scare" along with some suppression. The german anti inf strafe seems to be about right - long enough cooldown to avoid constant spam and to make choosing it a decision, cheap enough that it doesn't require hoarding munitions, and with an appreciable impact of pinning everything in a radius.
26 Feb 2014, 15:37 PM

Also agreed the IL2 single pass basically just suppresses. Ive seen it go directly into a group of squads multiple times and do only health damage, no model deaths. The normal strafe seems fine, still squad wipes but doesn't kill everyone on the field.

The German anti tank strafe feels really bad to me, both the single and the multiple pass versions. After all it is an "ANTI TANK" strafe it should do major damage to any tanks caught in its crosshairs. I think once I managed to kill 2 su85s that were at 10% health already and sitting very close to each other. But most of the time it barely does anything.
26 Feb 2014, 15:46 PM

Well, it struggles to kill osttruppen squad, often only softening normal squad instead of killing a single model.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★