Login

russian armor

Testing and Uploading Maps

24 Feb 2014, 21:49 PM

Hello guys,

I'm having some troubles when it comes to testing a map, I don't know how to upload it to steam or if there is any way to test it offsteam. Nevertheless I don't want to flood steam workshop with unfinished maps.

If anyone knows how to do it please let me know that I'm really outing a lot of work on my maps and I think it is getting realy good.

Thank you!
24 Feb 2014, 22:43 PM

In Worldbuilder, go to file -> Export Package. That'll make it playable on your copy of CoH2, but nobody else's. You can play custom skirmishes on it and make sure everything works.

To upload it to Steam, go to Workshop in the CoH2 menu screen, select your map and click 'Publish'. If you want to change it, just make changes in Worldbuilder, then export and publish it again - as long as the filename hasn't changed, it'll just update the old version.
24 Feb 2014, 22:59 PM

In Worldbuilder, go to file -> Export Package. That'll make it playable on your copy of CoH2, but nobody else's. You can play custom skirmishes on it and make sure everything works.

To upload it to Steam, go to Workshop in the CoH2 menu screen, select your map and click 'Publish'. If you want to change it, just make changes in Worldbuilder, then export and publish it again - as long as the filename hasn't changed, it'll just update the old version.

I had already Export Package, but still I can't find the map when creating a skirmish. Tthe message of confirming saving when the WB Export Package says that it is saved in a different folder not related to the game in steam, so I coppied and pasted in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\Scenarios. That way one of the files should work, but that doesn't hapens.

Any thoughts about that? I appreciate your help
24 Feb 2014, 23:05 PM

Where is it exporting the maps to? They should be saved in Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios.

That's where CoH2 will look for them. If they don't export there automatically, copy the exported files manually and see what happens.
24 Feb 2014, 23:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Your projects (SGB) should go to
\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\CoH2\Data\scenarios\mp\
And your exported maps (SGA) should go to
<drive>\My Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\scenarios
24 Feb 2014, 23:31 PM

Where is it exporting the maps to? They should be saved in Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios.

That's where CoH2 will look for them. If they don't export there automatically, copy the exported files manually and see what happens.

Yes it was saving there, I tired with the folder and then again with the folder CoH2\Data\Scenarios but none of those worked.

Just to confir, is creating a Costum Game in Online & Skirmish, and lock for the map on the Select Map?
24 Feb 2014, 23:39 PM

Just to confir, is creating a Costum Game in Online & Skirmish, and lock for the map on the Select Map?

Yes, this is right. I don't know what's going wrong. Perhaps the thing to do is upload the SGA to a file sharing site, then post a link to it here, so somebody can open it in WB and look at it.
24 Feb 2014, 23:54 PM

Ok, It's on 4shared if anyone want to take a lock and figure it out.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/folder/uL9YMCV6/AlphaMapCity.html

(map in its first mods still)
25 Feb 2014, 00:58 AM

OK I've found your problem.

First I checked the base sector setup and found that Team 1's starting_territory_team marker was set to 'World'. I set it to Player 1 (you should do this too), and I thought I'd cracked it... but no.

I wracked my brains, saved, exported, opened CoH2, couldn't find it, saved, exported again, to no avail. Then I wondered if your filename Interactivity(3x3 732x732)Ready.sgb wasn't a bit long. In desperation I saved it simply as 'Ready.sgb', then exported that...

...and it worked! Either the name was too long, or it had the wrong characters in it, but saving it as Ready.sgb made it work.

You should be good to go now. PS, I like the little picnic scene, looks like everybody left in a hurry.

25 Feb 2014, 09:29 AM

Thanks it works now, I think the problem was with the name and thanks again for taking your time to help me.

Ye, I'm puting a lot of thought and work in each backround so it has a theme and it all and all fit in a big city map. Later on, when its finished I'll post here again to get some feedbacks.
25 Feb 2014, 17:09 PM

Excellent. Glad to help out.
25 Feb 2014, 23:55 PM

To elaborate on the exact problem, No parenthesis ( ) or spacebar space's allowed in the file name.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★