Login

russian armor

**PLEASE READ** Ladders Post-Aftermath Update

21 Feb 2014, 00:56 AM
Coder Red Badge

Hello everyone,

This has been asked a lot, so I want to give everyone an update on the status of ladders here on COH2.ORG. As of the Aftermath update, Relic has asked all partner sites to migrate to a new ladder API. The old API is still semi-functional, but updates will have to be made in order to restore the ladder to its previous functionality.

Unfortunately, the new Relic API is currently incomplete, and as a result we must wait for it to be updated before we can complete the upgrade on our side. Because of this, the ladder will remain in its current state until we are able to proceed. As long as the old API continues to function in its current state, player cards should update as expected, and the top 200 will update as well, although it will continue to display in its unsorted form.

Thank you for your patience. We will update you when we have more information.

A note on -1 rankings and multiple 2v2/3v3/4v4 rankings

With the move to Battle Servers, Relic has segmented 2v2/3v3/4v4 leaderboards into Random (automatching by yourself) and Arranged Team (automatching with one or more party member) leaderboards. As a result, you may see multiple 2v2/3v3/4v4 rankings on your player card. When our ladder is updated, we will distinguish between these different rankings.

Furthermore, you may have noticed -1 rankings on some player cards. In the recent update to the original Company of Heroes, Relic implemented a 10-game ranking calibration period. What this means is you are not able to see your ranking until you have completed 10 games in any given game mode. It is likely that when Relic split team game leaderboards into Random and Arranged Team versions, they put all existing team games toward the Random ladder and started everyone from scratch on the Arranged Team ladder (or vice-versa, starting everyone fresh on the Random ladder, though I find this less likely). As a result, you may have to play 10 team Random or Arranged Team games before you are given a ranking for those other modes.

Note that the method by which Relic handles calibration games is currently unknown. If it is similar to handling in other games, however, the automatch system will take into account a high level of uncertainty for those first 10 matches; as a result, you may have uneven matchups until the system is able to accurately predict your skill level. Please play your 10 calibration games before complaining about matchmaking imbalance.

If there are any questions regarding the new leaderboards or rankings in general, I will be happy to answer them here.

Thanks for reading!!
21 Feb 2014, 01:34 AM

Thanks Inverse!
21 Feb 2014, 01:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Thanks for the heads-up, good to know :)
21 Feb 2014, 07:40 AM
Patrion 14

Thx for clearing it up!
21 Feb 2014, 07:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Thanks, Inverse!
21 Feb 2014, 07:57 AM

Well okay, that makes more sense now (appearing two different 2vs2 ladders e.g.).

Appreciate for the heads-up.
21 Feb 2014, 08:29 AM

Makes sense.
21 Feb 2014, 08:37 AM
Donator 11

Thanks for this, I was wondering WTH was going on.
raw
22 Feb 2014, 06:10 AM

Relic has segmented 2v2/3v3/4v4 leaderboards into Random (automatching by yourself) and Arranged Team (automatching with one or more party member) leaderboards.

Are the games "segmented" as well or is this just for the ladder?
22 Feb 2014, 12:49 PM
Coder Red Badge

Pretty sure you can still get matched against randoms when you automatch as a team and vice versa. Segmenting automatch would increase wait times, and I don't think Relic wants that.
22 Feb 2014, 13:04 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Thanks for that information!
Neo
22 Feb 2014, 13:50 PM

Thanks for the update.
22 Feb 2014, 20:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Ladders are fixed now. You should be able to see all of the information that you could see previously. You may notice a "P" instead of a ranking number by some modes on your playercard. This means that you are in "Provisional" status in that mode, which means that you haven't yet played the 10 games necessary to be ranked.

Arranged Team (AT) ladders coming soon ™. Those AT stats are recorded and sorted with each individual partner that you play with. We will design and code a way to display them soon.

We're aware that your mode stats may appear out-of-order on your player card, and we'll try to fix that on the next update.

:wub: Inverse for keeping our code up-to-date.

COH2.ORG, always first, always best

:banana:
22 Feb 2014, 20:37 PM

Please do something to Chrome, it is broken in this browser.
22 Feb 2014, 20:40 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What's up with chrome loosing all custom fonts on page refresh? Was Google Chrome updated recently? Might be Google's issue, rather than COH2.ORG's.
22 Feb 2014, 20:59 PM
Coder Red Badge

Works fine for me in Chrome.
22 Feb 2014, 21:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I think it has to do with zooming in or zooming out. Doing this in both Chrome and Firefox seriously fucks up the site layout. I tried to fix it once but failed. Cross-browser integrity is not something I'm good at and tbh I can't be bothered to try to learn it.

Try resetting your zoom to normal.
23 Feb 2014, 07:37 AM

What Ami is saying, hold down CTRL and scroll your middle mouse scroll button to zoom out a little.
23 Feb 2014, 10:52 AM

Ctrl + 0 (the key 'zero') is a handy shortcut which resets the zoom value to the default 100% in both Chrome and Firefox
23 Feb 2014, 11:07 AM

Permanently Banned
i think chrome has some problem because i am this problem in other websites too
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment