Login

russian armor

crossing in the woods as german

20 Feb 2014, 23:37 PM

Permanently Banned
what you guys usually do?
Against competent player, i rushed to fuels because my instict said that, but i was cutoffed or be attacked from middle VPs, so i lost all of those matches( 2 ). No mention if enemy spam consripts , cap the whole map from you and goes fast t70 and you wont kill it with pak because it takes ages to move pak from one point to another.

But now i see better to rush into middle VP and try to secure both muni, the closest one first, then after first engagement, what i usually always win MVGAME, ninja cap the fuels.
any ideas?
20 Feb 2014, 23:44 PM

I usually focus the middle and the western side. Mortars are a nice thing here, especially the MHT. Mg and Pak in the mid. I'm not very good though so take what you will.
20 Feb 2014, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
i dont tested that middle VP theory yet, but it looks good.
In coh1, germans usually stucked at middle vp and closest muni too so..

Maybe Onkel Sam could come tell us the secret of immortality :D
21 Feb 2014, 00:15 AM

I have to agree mortars are pretty key on this map. The river and the trees offer a buffer between each army. I haven't gotten a real handle on this map yet but it's definitely important to use indirect fire and cover your cutoff and retreat path. It's very easy for Soviets to flood the field with cons and then make emplacements to shell you out of position.

The East side is tricky because of that house just before the river on your side. There's also a lot of stuff like trees and fences that help his cons squeak through your flank and chew up your MG.

Only played a couple times on the map- so these are just early impressions.
21 Feb 2014, 01:10 AM

Map is so small, that artillery is the KEY. Whoever gets artillery first, wins because it can prevent your enemy from reinforcing in his own base, because the size of the map is..ridiculous tiny.
Also...

*There's also a lot of stuff like trees and fences that help his cons squeak through your flank and chew up your MG.*

Agree 100%.
21 Feb 2014, 01:11 AM

Permanently Banned
pak43+howitzer would be good on this map then. or howitzer+ spotting scope AC?
21 Feb 2014, 01:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2014, 01:11 AMakosi
pak43+howitzer would be good on this map then. or howitzer+ spotting scope AC?

I dont think scope AC is good in this map... because there so many trees, fences and crap blocking your Line of Sight that is impossible to make it stationary to make the scope work.
21 Feb 2014, 04:15 AM

screenshots of your favorite MG placements! go go!
21 Feb 2014, 07:31 AM
Donator 22

Air Superiority Doctrine and massive t1&t2+bunkers

pak43 hmm I'm not sure... as Kronosaur0s said, too many crap that is blocking your line of sight. Are you talking about 1vs1 or 2vs2 ?
21 Feb 2014, 07:43 AM
Donator 11

Tried the SC thing, didn't work very well. Mortar-HT is an option, but I still haven't a good solution for this map.
Thinking about an Assgren strategy, because usually there is a lot close quater fighting going on....
21 Feb 2014, 09:06 AM

Haven't played yet on this map as German but I think that it's best to go hard mid into cut-off point and then cap cut-offed points, ofc it's best to go T2 -> HT to reinforce and then some PG/pak.
27 Feb 2014, 05:52 AM

similar to langreskaya this map is pretty open witch makes it a good map for sniper play
27 Feb 2014, 09:41 AM

Haven't played yet on this map as German but I think that it's best to go hard mid into cut-off point and then cap cut-offed points, ofc it's best to go T2 -> HT to reinforce and then some PG/pak.

This is the 101 german strat anyways on any map since there aren't many viable variations...
2 Mar 2014, 17:40 PM

Sniperspam there is so hard to counter because of the stupid water.

Osttrupenn spam and bunker spam is quite a good idea.
3 Mar 2014, 01:50 AM

Sniperspam there is so hard to counter because of the stupid water.

Yep, victim here. Double soviets snipers across the river while the main force engages...fuck that guy.
3 Mar 2014, 03:01 AM

Yeh snipers (and snipers in SC's) are annoying on this map.

I just try and camp the enemies cut off. Risky though
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 50
Sweden 25
Poland 10
United States 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W